Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clan Cont Points And Disbanning

This is a discussion on Clan Cont Points And Disbanning within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; When you donate points to your clan, it says that you will get back 30% of the total points that ...
Page: 1

Mooshoo

When you donate points to your clan, it says that you will get back 30% of the total points that you donated, and I was under the assumption that the other 70% stays in the clan cont total. A couple days ago, I briefly took my char out the clan, I got the 30% back as stated but in the meantime our clan has lost the G1 accredited knight grade it seems, and I dont know why because that grade had been bought, and the 70% (a total of 600k np) is gone Can anyone shed any light on this, it's a shit load of points to lose.

you regain your 30% the 70% is lost

Mooshoo

you regain your 30% the 70% is lost[/b]
    Ok thanks. Big mistake on my part.

Ya this has plagued many clans who lost grades capes etc. We put enough in G1 and "tried" to circumvent any other players leaving and the problems that it might cause...so far so good.

Mooshoo

Ya this has plagued many clans who lost grades capes etc. We put enough in G1 to "tried" to circumvent any other players leaving and the problems that it might cause...so far so good.[/b]
    Rad are you able to explain how the clan could be put back to G2 accredited even though the G1 has been paid for? If a grade has been purchased how can it be taken away? The knight accreditation system doesnt work like training knights where that counts how many the clan has in total and grades accordingly.

Rad are you able to explain how the clan could be put back to G2 accredited even though the G1 has been paid for? If a grade has been purchased how can it be taken away? The knight accreditation system doesnt work like training knights where that counts how many the clan has in total and grades accordingly.[/b]

Originally it was thought of as a bug, if you read early posts and threads. However, it hasn't been fixed and k2 will do nothing about the np lost by characters or by the clan as whole (you should however send a ticket).

Therefore, you should be very very careful who you clan (such as clan hoppers) and explain to everyone in the clan that if they leave (like say to help another clan with capes) it may cause you all to have to start over on the grade you were at and have to "re-donate" to get them back, many of our top np holders have lost knight symbols having to redonate.

Also, clan leaders sometimes drop people messing around with the donation button etc, so explain it to the leader that he can't "accidentally" kick people etc.

Finally be aware of people who are possibly selling accounts too, this can totally fuck you and your clan as well. And you might want to ask all the real hardcore members of ur clan to help donate more to give you a cushion vs the possible quitters, etc.

GL

What is there to fix? As I see it, the whole thing was intended. Why SHOULD the clan not lose their status when their grade decrease? Just because it wasnt like that as training knight? Well, then its about time u have to accept it, big price have big sacrifices and risks, if theres no possibility to fail, then what is success?
    And about the losing 70% of ur donation when quit clan makes perfectly sense, it prevent a clan grow uncontrollable, and gives the member security against the clan leader. Imagine a clan leader invites someone with 2m nps, tells him to donate nps, and he did, then he kick him out and keeps the 70%, invite another guy repeat the same action and so on, see where its going?

Yup, the clan should not keep manually donated NPs. However, it would be interesting if the NPs gained/donated through PK while in the clan stayed with the clan when you left.

What is there to fix? As I see it, the whole thing was intended. Why SHOULD the clan not lose their status when their grade decrease? Just because it wasnt like that as training knight? Well, then its about time u have to accept it, big price have big sacrifices and risks, if theres no possibility to fail, then what is success?
    And about the losing 70% of ur donation when quit clan makes perfectly sense, it prevent a clan grow uncontrollable, and gives the member security against the clan leader. Imagine a clan leader invites someone with 2m nps, tells him to donate nps, and he did, then he kick him out and keeps the 70%, invite another guy repeat the same action and so on, see where its going?[/b]

That is a very narrow way to look at it. The problem goes like this:

20-30 clannies donate somewhere around 100-200mil each some with less go 50k. You finally make enough donated np to get to ur new grade. One guy who donated 75k leaves clan because you're not leveling him, giving him clan drops after one day in the clan, or whatever.

Now the 2mil np you and e1 else just put in to get to the new grade/capes whatever, all gone bye bye. You see old clans with noob gray capes, this is the type of scenario that went down. Every single clannie lost all those donated np and have to re donate, and I have seen guys loose over a mil np like that.

So before you say, "oh it's a great thing to protect people from an evil clan leader" think about the reasons its not a great idea. Chances are the later occurs much more then the first.

so what happends if a clan disbands ? do ppl get their np's back then?

That is a very narrow way to look at it. The problem goes like this:

20-30 clannies donate somewhere around 100-200mil each some with less go 50k. You finally make enough donated np to get to ur new grade. One guy who donated 75k leaves clan because you're not leveling him, giving him clan drops after one day in the clan, or whatever.

Now the 2mil np you and e1 else just put in to get to the new grade/capes whatever, all gone bye bye. You see old clans with noob gray capes, this is the type of scenario that went down. Every single clannie lost all those donated np and have to re donate, and I have seen guys loose over a mil np like that.

So before you say, "oh it's a great thing to protect people from an evil clan leader" think about the reasons its not a great idea. Chances are the later occurs much more then the first.[/b]

Well, the idea is that you dont get grade/capes unless the required NP are provided by core trusted members, not by just clanned guys who have donated 75 K. It's a good thing that clans can no longer operate on a whim as they used to: add, kick add kick etc, oh I got pissed at x person I am off, its ok, I can be re-added tomorrow, they will take me back.
    I think the system helps clans become more stable and builds team spirit: donating NPs shows commitment and trust and ties both you to the clan AND the clan to you.

Granted, when clan disbands it is a problem. However, you could fix that by changing the way a clan can be disbanded, or giving a higher percentage of NPs back if it disbands but not by changing the basic rules for when members are kicked or leave.

So before you say, "oh it's a great thing to protect people from an evil clan leader" think about the reasons its not a great idea. Chances are the later occurs much more then the first.[/b]
    Wow, u must play with ppl that have a lot of nps :blink: :lol:

On a serious note.. Lets say u spent a couple months gathering money to buy a new lovely car, and u finally have just enough money to buy it, but u spent it anyway without considering about the budget. Shortly after u reaslised u need to pay for ur monthly house fee or whatever, but u cant since u spent them all, so u have to resell ur new car for lower price to pay for the fee.
    My point is, u dont just go out and buy the next grade, or ur clan's dream cape when u just reached the amount, without having any points to spare. Sure u cant know if ppl leave, but at least calculate the scenario so if the "members-that-might-leave" leaves one day, u still have enough nps to keep it up running. This system really shows which clan is the strongest or most stable one, the stable one keeps their grade and being on the top, the clan with clan jumpers get knocked down on the grade AND rank, not like the old training knight system, ask someone to boost ur clan > do knight quest > np booster quit_clan > woohoo we still knight!!!!11 \o/
    So yes, the system is to protect the members, if the members feels their clan leader is not doing good enough, he can take his effort with him. The donation encourage members to stay, and the takeaway system encourage CL to keep their members somehow, about how, dont ask me...

NaidenZ

so what happends if a clan disbands ? do ppl get their np's back then?[/b]
    yes they get their nps back (30%)

Banned

yes they get their nps back (30%)[/b]
    i've been told you get none of it back

sexyrexy

you get 30% after leaving i know cause if done it a few times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast