Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Babasellers

This is a discussion on Babasellers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This is something I’ve been thinking over for a while now. I’m going to be stepping on a lot of ...
Page: 1

Default Babasellers

This is something I’ve been thinking over for a while now.

I’m going to be stepping on a lot of toes, but I feel that I’ve got to say it regardless.
    It’s a common feature in MMOs and it’s a common failure of communities.

Many of you sneer and made quite a few caustic comments about Turkish players appearing out of no where with high end items and levels. This isn’t about now but throughout the history of KO.

You use the cute name of babashopper and this automatically designates them as scum.
    Let’s wait a sec here and think about what babashoppers are.
    Babashoppers are people who buy items with real life currency to obtain very nice gear and characters.

Why not call those who sell the items and characters babasellers.
    How many good gun players (or former players) here are babasellers? Raise your hands…I expect to see quite a few raised hands.

What was it about your bitching? Oh right…Turks who were opportunistic and set up emporiums selling end game items and characters (noted that they were created out of thin air). Sure, they sold them without earning them. Not only that, they sold them whole sale…Costco style in comparison to the side-of-the-road fruit stands you typically see.

What’s the effect though? I’m focusing on this. It hurts the game, it hurts middling players who are clawing to get up in the game without resorting to such whorish behavior.

What’s the difference between you babasellers and the Turks? You do pretty much the same damage. I’m not addressing the degree, but the effects of it.

Many of you deplored the fact that other KOs sold items in their PUS. You flamed them for being so money grubbing, so selfish and stupid for releasing items which were purchasable with currency, convinced that those items would make people not want to play because rich people could get a leg up on others who worked hard to earn what they wear.

What’s the difference between that, and babasellers? Right…the currency doesn’t go into the pockets of K2, it goes to pad your own wallets.

You’ve quit the game. You’re not interested in the future of KO…undoubtedly many of you actually don’t mind the fact that it adds more strain to the state of KO and taints the community enough to think it’s ok…because everyone’s doing it.

As to the myriad of reasons why you do it…it doesn’t interest me. If it’s good enough for you to sell your stuff at the expense of the game and your reputation, then fine. Just drop the legit façade you cover yourself with. You’ve lost it at the first successful transaction.

The lack of resounding condemnation from the community at the peddling of your products speaks for itself.

Hypocrits.

Think on this, then reply as you wish.

P.S. If you never pretended to be legit, then don’t mind me…this isn’t aimed at you.
    P.P.S. If you disagree, then fine. Let’s agree to disagree. I stand by what I’ve said.

buying illegal items and legit items makes a world of difference

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

*raises hand

yes, most of us have bought items through usd or sold them. The difference is when someone buys a +3 Ring of life , or a +9 raptor... items obtained via GM injections or duped or upgraded/compounded and then deleted the rest of the dupes so obtaining a illegal item that won't get deleted. Thats why i don't call people with +3 rols babashopers... i just call em cancer. I think we all know who they are.

Never bought 1 item with USD.. or used USD to get coins ingame ( other than premium droprate boost ).. or sold items for USD.. or took offered gifts from GMs ( other than 10 mil / week for the time i spent in abyss looking for macroers)

Selling/buying using real money is not the thing to do no matter if prices are so high that ur unable to buy in IGC.

( And yes i got money to babashop if i want )

People selling their gear, legit gear, saturates the game with too many good items in the hands of those who don't deserve it.

That's the main point I'm trying to raise.

Honestly, I don't expect people to stop doing it just because I bitch about it.

I just want people to realize...hey, it's kinda not cool.

TunaFishyMe

there is a difference between buying a roll of grass and a roll of weed.
    understand ?

Halcyon your post is about 2 expansions late.
    The old community is gone, you know, the people that cared about babashoppers and gm's selling items?
    The KE and ROFD community is accostumed, they've accepted it to a certain level, and some of them assume one of the possitions (seller). RIght now no one gives a damn, the game is gone to shit and all the old friends have left. Back in KO if you came out with full shell +7 everyone would notice and it would've been frowned upon, but now, 3/4 of those people are gone and most of the rest dont care, so babashopping is like the last of the concerns of the players. Every once in a while they'll complain, but they are quickly suppressed by other people who just say "lol drama!" or "its worst in X server". Babashopping and Legitness are out-of-date terms that belong only in KO, the lines have been blurred (buying for usd babashopping? legit player selling cause he's quitting?) and no one gives a damn. The line used to be Babashopper - Illegaly bought/illegaly made items (usually turksih - gm relationship), but honestly...

Babashopping is long gone, long live usd'ing

KO4fun

Ultimately its the community that decides whats fair. I agree with Halcyon that there alot of whiners in this game. Personally the selling of legit items im fine with, no different than buying scrolls for USD and selling them for IGC in merchant. But the selling of characters is just plain wrong IMO. It leads to many of the problems people bitch about on these forums.

Lawless

Thats the exact distiction... legally obatined items sold by legit players busting their asses for 2+ years is a world of difference from (sadly, generally a Turkish fellow) selling mass produced, injected/duped/stolen items of ridiculous calibre, you know those items that critically offset the balance between legit players and the bulk of the servers' populations. I dun care what anyone says. You cant win, skill aside if so far outclassed by a cheatin noob with macro and purchased illegal items.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

the term babashoppers was coined as those who bought items from arestides and/or kom and/or any other gm....its a term given to those who buy illegal items not legit....with the way the market is on diez at least the only way to get certain items is through usd as buying for igc is out of the question since most peolpe cant even afford money for pots

so ur whole argument is nullified due to ur misconception of the term babashopper

I have no problem with people who want to waste their money on LEGIT items from other players, however when items are injected or duped for the sole purpose of selling them for USD is where it crosses the line.

The term babashopper, as said above, was a term used for those players who purchased ILLEGIT items from ILLEGIT sources for USD.

Those who bought LEGIT items from LEGIT sources were called ebay warriors/ebay clans.
    When taking such a strong stance on something you should research it a bit more. Selling items may have an effect on middle players but that is how the game IS and how any game is as long as trading is allowed. You can put in the time and gain as much or more and not have to spend a dime, and once you are done playing you can MAKE a dime.

KO4fun

Cama , only the the thread title is nullified by your remarks, not the argument. no disrespect intended

What’s the effect though? I’m focusing on this. It hurts the game, it hurts middling players who are clawing to get up in the game without resorting to such whorish behavior.

Oh my bad, if that's the case.

Many of you seem to be nitpicking though. Arguing over definitions and terminology...don't be like Clinton please.

Re-read what I've posted above, but replace those incorrect terms with whatever.

Lemme simplify then.

I'm saying that selling items for USD is gay. Very gay. Noobs who don't wanna and can't pay hundreds of dollars for items are getting fucked over.

Don't you care?

Originally posted by halcyon
    Oh my bad, if that's the case. *

Many of you seem to be nitpicking though. Arguing over definitions and terminology...don't be like Clinton please.

Re-read what I've posted above, but replace those incorrect terms with whatever. *

Lemme simplify then. *

I'm saying that selling items for USD is gay. Very gay. Noobs who don't wanna and can't pay hundreds of dollars for items are getting fucked over. *

Don't you care?
    No I don't care, that is how an MMORPG is, and has been since the time of UO etc.

Ah shit...that's my mistake.

Appealing for sympathy or fairness for your fellow man is pretty pointless.

Anyhow, I hit upon the main issues in the 1st post.
    WoW has it right though...block users from selling/buying for cash where they can. It harms the integrity of the game.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast