Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Babasellers

This is a discussion on Babasellers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Athelio Why should people be concerned about where one spends their money? Is it because you are ...
Page: 4

Originally posted by Athelio
    Why should people be concerned about where one spends their money? Is it because you are incapable of earning extra cash to spend as you wish? I like to buy high level characters and items because I know how damn hard it is to level and obtain them. I choose to do this simply because I..............can. There are no TOS violations and no illiget items purchased that I'm aware of. I thought this was taken care of with the new version of the game anyway?

Don't cheat don't buy illegit period!

But please don't condem people for spending money how they please.
    Actually, the buying/selling/trading of accounts is against the ToS, as well as selling ingame items for USD.

There's a huge difference between buying items from someone who earned his items legit, and someone who duped them or got them from a GM. Same as 0000000 said, the PUS opened a window where ppl could use real money to buy items. Sure, its lame to buy items for real money, specially since u didnt earned them, but sadly that's how this game turned and thats how most, if not all MMORPGs are.

When a legit person quits and sells his items, he doesnt screw the game. The balance in the game is not affected since the exact amount of items remain in the game. Sure we can argue that those items in the hands of someone who didnt deserved them still affect the game, but the effect of that is pretty much neglectable. Bottom line is that is just a moral discussion.

When most Turk babasellers sell items (they dont need to quit), they screw the game cause most, if not all their items, shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Duped items, GM farmed items, SQL injected, GM made items and any sort of ilegally generated items destroy the balance in the game. Is not 1 guy quiting and 1 guy gaining the same items but 1 guy giving away the same items to hundreds of different players. And that my friend is what is finishing this game.

One thing I'll give to u is that the first brings the second. Legit sales bring ilegal sales. Once legit players started to sell their legit items, cheaters saw the perfect business there. But can we blame the legit players who quit for the current corruption of the game? I think not. Specially since most legit players where pretty much SCAMMED by this game administration who failed to give 1) Decent customer support, 2) Reliable service, 3) Security and many many more things that are BASIC for any business to work. A CUSTOMER who prolly ended up WASTING hundreds if not thousands of dollars in "premium" service and PUS items, to later on get hacked, rollbacked, char bugged or whatever stupid things that ALWAYS happen in this game, shouldn't sell his legit items to at least get back some of what he LOST? Why? Cause its politically incorrect? Cause he should respect a community where 90% of it doesnt even respect anyone and just cheats its way to the top? Cause its against the ToS of one of the most unefficient, unexperienced and corrupt "american based" (korean) company we had ever seen ?

After 2 years of playing this game and being in both sides, player and GM, I can't find a single reason why a legit player selling legit items will be doing something that affects the game in a negative way, besides being politically incorrect. Specially at this point of the game where there's no way anything will ever change for good.

Remember that if there's a market that sells for real money is cause currency in the game is so screwed that forced the marked to move from game coins to USD. If there was a stable and reliable game market, this would have never happened in the first place. Unreliable and unstable game currency caused by the lack of ability from K2 to stop duping caused all this mess. Been more than 2 years and there's still duping.

I blame K2.

Banned

Originally posted by Devile
    I blame K2.
    Better to blame Turks. K2 has been dupe wipeing, shouldnt expect much from a company hosting f2p small games. Hate to say it but Turks are very smart when it comes to cheat

*blows out candle*

*jumps off a cliff*

Athelio

Guess it would have helped that I read the TOS 2 years ago Hate reading that stuff. Still the only way the company can keep you from selling chars and or items is to limit the use solely to the person it's registered to. Guess that would rule out selling and or trading. Isn't going to happen. My appologies for being blind of the policy.

to be honest, i have never sold anything on ko, but when it comes to the end and you realise you have nothing left to show for it but a $800 paid bill to a company you realise has been scamming you for 2 years... you don't feel too bad about making some of that money back

CrusAd3R

Originally posted by PADDY
    to be honest, i have never sold anything on ko, but when it comes to the end and you realise you have nothing left to show for it but a $800 paid bill to a company you realise has been scamming you for 2 years... you don't feel too bad about making some of that money back
    if u had fun playing this game they didnt scam u at all.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by jap190+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jap190)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    I blame K2.
    Better to blame Turks. K2 has been dupe wipeing, shouldnt expect much from a company hosting f2p small games. Hate to say it but Turks are very smart when it comes to cheat[/b]
    I have played this game for about 2 years and I have remember hundreds of different bugs being abused. It took weeks before K2 took any action.There will always be people who try to take shortcuts. It is K2's responsibility to prevent cheats yet they dont. They leave bugs unattended for weeks. How long was KOM running rampant for?

You cant blame the turks. You cant only blame K2.

Banned

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    Originally posted by jap190@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile

I blame K2.

Better to blame Turks. K2 has been dupe wipeing, shouldnt expect much from a company hosting f2p small games. Hate to say it but Turks are very smart when it comes to cheat
    I have played this game for about 2 years and I have remember hundreds of different bugs being abused. It took weeks before K2 took any action.There will always be people who try to take shortcuts. It is K2's responsibility to prevent cheats yet they dont. They leave bugs unattended for weeks. How long was KOM running rampant for?

You cant blame the turks. You cant only blame K2.[/b]
    ive also been playing Usko for 2 years, since ares came out. and i think about the first 4 months with out turks, i havnt seen any bugs, and any bug abusings, everything was fun and great. After that 4 months the turks start coming in, and then a month later, K2 been doing dupe wipes like every week. and so more and more turks start coming, and boom, Turks fuck everything up. K2 couldnt keep up with all the fuck ups Turks were doing. And now look, quest bug is not really K2's fault, its actually Mgames, Turks were just smart enough how to figure it out, and its not really a bug actually. Now we cant do any quest, and you know why? because of the fucking Turks

I guess I'm the most legit player in KO, never bought or sold anything for cash :|
    Don't know any others who never bought or sold items for cash :|

I buy goldbars for USd because it is simply impossible to farm. KOXP is everywhere and their arrow showers can kill much more faster then I can. Ultimately the game is made to have fun.. And if some people like to spend money they earned on LEGIT items to have fun.. they are entitled to it

wraith86

Originally posted by halcyon
    People selling their gear, legit gear, saturates the game with too many good items in the hands of those who don't deserve it.

That's the main point I'm trying to raise.

Honestly, I don't expect people to stop doing it just because I bitch about it.

I just want people to realize...hey, it's kinda not cool.
    wasnt going to reply to this but i guess your making me. some people work long hours and dont have a chance to get around to farming and leveling like most of us so they use USD to obtain the same amount of items we can get by farming give or take. as much as i hate the turks why are you bring them into the babashopping deal alot of americans babashop along with babasell. this brings me to the difference of babashopping and duping and/or having illegal items which is the only thing that really hurts the game because trading a legit item to another player for the same use is the same thing. duping an item and flooding the market is a totally different thing. why dont you go after the real problem which is hackers/dupers rather than those who are just trying to have fun and get good items. have you ever went bowling? have you ever played in an arcade? have you ever went to an amusement park? have you ever payed for anything which you thought was going to better your life? i think so. so my point stands the problem isnt babasellers/babashoppers its hackers/dupers which ruin the game.

Aba

:wub: my hands are up

you caught teh tater

wraith86

Originally posted by 0000000
    halcyon let me explain a flaw in your argument. Since it is possible to buy in the PUS and sell for ingame cash, people can generate gold purely on the basis of their real earnings. This alone has shifted the balance of the gameplay towards richer people. There is no difference in someone selling enough scrolls until he can buy an iron neck, and someone using the same USD to buy an iron neck (so long as its legit). The only difference is who gets the money, but either way, the guy didnt earn the item in-game right?

My point is that, the PUS has set a precedent whereby real cash has a direct influence on your level and items. Using your extreme logic, anyone who does scroll-selling from the PUS is a babaseller. Eric's logic is right i believe; selling a legit item for USD does not impact the economy anymore than selling tons of scrolls. However selling items that are unnaturally injected or duped does affect the economy in a negative way.
    after going through and reading this it completely sums up my arguement. i would also like to add i rather pay random people selling items than K2.

zerocast

As to the myriad of reasons why you do it…it doesn’t interest me. If it’s good enough for you to sell your stuff at the expense of the game and your reputation, then fine. Just drop the legit façade you cover yourself with. You’ve lost it at the first successful transaction. *

The lack of resounding condemnation from the community at the peddling of your products speaks for itself. *

Hypocrits.
    Well said.

Cama, the term "babashopper" might had ment "people that bught from KOM or Arestides", but as every other word, the meaning changes. Now its meaning is closer to that in Halcyon's argument.

Yeah, yeah, as long as the item is legit blah blah blah BULLSH1T. Where does that item end up at? Right! in the hands of a little stupid boy (turkish or non-turkish) with no skill to get his own items and that will probably dupe that same item.
    Then, we see all those posts of people whinning about "Where the hell did this guy IBabaALot came out?".
    Here is a hint to all those "hypocrits" that halcyon talks about: YOU PROBABLY SOLD HIM THOSE BABA ITEMS!

I wonder what came first: the legit people selling legit items, or the dupers/corrupt GMs selling their illegal items?
    My guess goes to the 1st option. Who could have given the idea to dupers to mass dupe and sell?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast