Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Babasellers

This is a discussion on Babasellers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by zerocast As to the myriad of reasons why you do it…it doesn’t interest me. If it’s good ...
Page: 5

wraith86

Originally posted by zerocast
    As to the myriad of reasons why you do it…it doesn’t interest me. If it’s good enough for you to sell your stuff at the expense of the game and your reputation, then fine. Just drop the legit façade you cover yourself with. You’ve lost it at the first successful transaction. *

The lack of resounding condemnation from the community at the peddling of your products speaks for itself. *

Hypocrits.
    Well said.

Cama, the term "babashopper" might had ment "people that bught from KOM or Arestides", but as every other word, the meaning changes. Now its meaning is closer to that in Halcyon's argument.

Yeah, yeah, as long as the item is legit blah blah blah BULLSH1T. Where does that item end up at? Right! in the hands of a little stupid boy (turkish or non-turkish) with no skill to get his own items and that will probably dupe that same item.
    Then, we see all those posts of people whinning about "Where the hell did this guy IBabaALot came out?".
    Here is a hint to all those "hypocrits" that halcyon talks about: YOU PROBABLY SOLD HIM THOSE BABA ITEMS!

I wonder what came first: the legit people selling legit items, or the dupers/corrupt GMs selling their illegal items?
    My guess goes to the 1st option. Who could have given the idea to dupers to mass dupe and sell?
    hey jack thompson i didnt know you read these forums. you know whats funny is i just went out and bought a car and crashed and got hurt so its obviously the car dealers fault.

OLD1953

Originally posted by halcyon
    Oh my bad, if that's the case. *

Many of you seem to be nitpicking though. Arguing over definitions and terminology...don't be like Clinton please.

Re-read what I've posted above, but replace those incorrect terms with whatever. *

Lemme simplify then. *

I'm saying that selling items for USD is gay. Very gay. Noobs who don't wanna and can't pay hundreds of dollars for items are getting fucked over. *

Don't you care?
    Tell you what, you get the babashopperssellers to stop, get all the +2 and above uniques deleted, and I'll give up any plans I have to babashop.

The reason is simply this, I have to play in the server community I have, not some imaginary ideal server community, and, frankly, I'm not going to play this game for five years getting my ass beat off by punks who've duped and gm'd up ROL's +5 and shell +9 and never win a fight.

Honestly, I find your post ridiculous. Without a massive deletion of items, the subject is meaningless. What it boils down to is this, you get three choices on DIEZ today:

FIRST CHOICE: Quit. A lot of people have done this.

SECOND CHOICE: Get beat up every time you stick your nose into CZ, no matter what ur level is. A lot of people do this, and bitch about it on this forum every day.

THIRD CHOICE: LVL to +70 and Babashop like mad, then you get to beat some of the buggers who've been smacking you down.

Ok, which one do you want? That's the real choices in the real world of Drake.

I didn't make this mess, I didn't contribute to it, but I'm damned if I'm gonna work a year doing totally legit leveling and let a bunch of macroing cheating so and so's STILL get to stomp my ass every time I go to war or stick my nose into CZ.

Originally posted by zerocast
    As to the myriad of reasons why you do it…it doesn’t interest me. If it’s good enough for you to sell your stuff at the expense of the game and your reputation, then fine. Just drop the legit façade you cover yourself with. You’ve lost it at the first successful transaction. *

The lack of resounding condemnation from the community at the peddling of your products speaks for itself. *

Hypocrits.
    Well said.

Cama, the term "babashopper" might had ment "people that bught from KOM or Arestides", but as every other word, the meaning changes. Now its meaning is closer to that in Halcyon's argument.

Yeah, yeah, as long as the item is legit blah blah blah BULLSH1T. Where does that item end up at? Right! in the hands of a little stupid boy (turkish or non-turkish) with no skill to get his own items and that will probably dupe that same item.
    Then, we see all those posts of people whinning about "Where the hell did this guy IBabaALot came out?".
    Here is a hint to all those "hypocrits" that halcyon talks about: YOU PROBABLY SOLD HIM THOSE BABA ITEMS!

I wonder what came first: the legit people selling legit items, or the dupers/corrupt GMs selling their illegal items?
    My guess goes to the 1st option. Who could have given the idea to dupers to mass dupe and sell?
    You can't base insults and a debate simply off of your opinion on a term, the general opinion as shown for "babashopper" is buying ILLEGIT items from ILLEGIT people.

You really haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about do you? You're simply making assumptions about what people do with the items once they purchase them. I promise you that it isn't "little kids" who are buying items for USD, it is often grown adults who don't have the time to spend on the game or don't want to spend the time to work for their items IN GAME.

The posts that people make are often about people that have such extreme gear such as +2-+3 uniques and +8 or better shell, which of course these don't come from simply buying from legit players. If you're going to insult someone at least do a bit of research.

i myself and most others i know refer to babashopper as any usd spent on items not for sale in pus

we even call some babashoppers for purchasing all scrolls outta pus and never from merchant

CrusAd3R

im sure none of us has any problem fighting vs ppl with reachable items, even if they bought it for usd. but i (and most of us) do have problem when noob ppl got their hands on unreachable items which ull never get legitly. everyone can tell u the diffrence between fighting someone who bought dual rol and someone who bought dual rol +5.

P4rthen0n

Originally posted by Private
    i myself and most others i know refer to babashopper as any usd spent on items not for sale in pus

we even call some babashoppers for purchasing all scrolls outta pus and never from merchant
    You can repeat a lie as much as you want, it won't become true.

Babashop = to buy ilegal items with real money.

What most people that criticize the use of USD$ to buy items don't understand is that some items are just almost impossible to get with in game coins. So what can a player that only deals with in game coins can do ? Nothing. BUT, if he sells in game coins for USD$, he'll surely be able to buy rare items much easialy.

The problem are the illegal items, not the legal ones.

zerocast

the general opinion as shown for "babashopper" is buying ILLEGIT items from ILLEGIT people. ...
    Thats not exactly true, right now the term "babashopper" is being used (and has been for a while) towards people that buy items for USD in general. Many of these trades are done through eBay in which case you don't usually know if the one selling the item is legit or not.
    Now, just because someone is a self-declared "legit" player does not mean that he is entitled to sell items to others for real money.

You really haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about do you? You're simply making assumptions about what people do with the items once they purchase them. ...
    I never said that every single person that buys items for USD dupes them or does illegal things with it. I only said that there is always a chance that you could've sold an item to some non-legit player.
    There are many "legit" players that buy items for USD (even though some don't like to admit it), but thats another story. But we do know that they wont do any other non-legit thing with those items.

The posts that people make are often about people that have such extreme gear such as +2-+3 uniques and +8 or better shell ...
    Almost everyone has experienced the time when you go PK and you see some lvl 70+ character that you've never heard of before (not precisely posted on the forums, but discussed with your clannies in Vent or TS). Its kind of frustrating when you don't know if that char was made by buying it from a legit player or not.

hey jack thompson i didnt know you read these forums. you know whats funny is i just went out and bought a car and crashed and got hurt so its obviously the car dealers fault.
    You must be an idiot for crashing a new car. :lol: Nice, i can be sarcastic too.
    As I said before, I never said that the person that sells the item has something to do wether the buyer does anything with it.
    But if you want to use your example of the car and the dealer, well, the dealer knew that you would probably crash it, but he didn't care. Same thing here, as long as the person (the dealer) sells the item and make money, they don't care wether it hurts the game or not. And then SOME (not all) pretend to worry about the game after they have sold a bunch of items.

little_painter

ive used way too mutch usd on jewlry in this game but id never sell a char
    rather leave it or let a freind play on it h43r:

hej

You cant or rather you can but it dont work to say you can sell the items you made for real money but you cant sell illigale items, if you allow selling of item for real money it will allways be pepole how want to make money.

The only way out of this for K2 is to remove evrything

I never both or sold anything for real money in any game, when i quit i will leave the item on the char or delete them.

Haxium

Originally posted by halcyon
    Oh my bad, if that's the case. *

Many of you seem to be nitpicking though. Arguing over definitions and terminology...don't be like Clinton please.

Re-read what I've posted above, but replace those incorrect terms with whatever. *

Lemme simplify then. *

I'm saying that selling items for USD is gay. Very gay. Noobs who don't wanna and can't pay hundreds of dollars for items are getting fucked over. *

Don't you care?
    Gms STARTED to sell items. We were those noobs "who don't wanna and can't pay hundreds of dollars for items" and "are getting fucked over".

We had 2 solutions :
    - Stay noob < this solution make us leave the game cuz we can't compete with babashoppers even if they have NO SKILL
    - Follow the wave < this one make us stay and pwn them even if we got legit rol+0 and they have full +5 accessory

For me , babashopper is someone that buy items from an unlegit provenance.

Honestly , anyone can get an iron neck / rol etc if he is lucky cuz killing bach , sq , or even tk / talos isnt hard at all if you play a bit so anyone can get it and if its you or some unskilled noob then it doesnt really matter.

But when dupers / db hacker inject more and more items in the game , then yes it ruins it.

Banned

I blame the accesorry compound feature. There was enough nice jewelry and there was no need to implement this crap. And if u all agree that "skills own pk" would it be nice that all of us wear same gear and only lvl and skills determine who's better player instead u guys fighting who is more skilled all the time. Skills do own game...but a skilled guy with a slingshot cant really harm a 1 year old baby driving a tank.

OLD1953

Originally posted by Shinsou
    I blame the accesorry compound feature. There was enough nice jewelry and there was no need to implement this crap. And if u all agree that "skills own pk" would it be nice that all of us wear same gear and only lvl and skills determine who's better player instead u guys fighting who is more skilled all the time. Skills do own game...but a skilled guy with a slingshot cant really harm a 1 year old baby driving a tank.
    You are exactly right. If there is no means to win, other than to pay USD for some uber item, and you are going to say "I'll never pay USD for any item", then you've just said "I can't win".

If you can't possibly win, why are you playing? There would not seem to be any point in the game after making such a decision.

Originally posted by OLD1953+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OLD1953)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shinsou
    You are exactly right. If there is no means to win, other than to pay USD for some uber item, and you are going to say "I'll never pay USD for any item", then you've just said "I can't win".

If you can't possibly win, why are you playing? There would not seem to be any point in the game after making such a decision.[/b]
    Normal people, non-addict people to the game, non-geek people like me and a lot more play ocasionally KO for fun, not to "win". Most adults kinda get stressed at their jobs, and when they are tired enough to not hang out but to relax at home, they watch a movie, open a 24 beer pack :rollseyes: or play ko. Honestly I don't care if I lose a 1vs1 to a lvl 70,75,80 with baba gear, baba weapons or with macro combo skills. I prefer to spend $$ with my girlfriend or hanging out with my friends, believe me, a game doesnt worth it.
    And with the knowledge that a lot of people are gonna flame me for this sentence: Buying virtual items is the MOST restarted thing I've ever heard of, spending $2,000 USD in items, dude, you should buy a life for that... :blink:
    And the most important thing here... Selling/Buying items in this game is illegal, you guys should read K2 Policies about it. Nil8r got banned for that when Arestides was active and wasn't only a babaseller.

For the people saying any USD transaction is babashopping, my earlier post already showed the flaw in this argument. I dont think you have really thought about this topic very much at all.

What is the difference between someone spending $200 on scrolls in PUS to sell stuff ingame, and someone spending $200 on a legitimate item? Using your strange definition of babashopping, anyone who sells PUS items is a babashopper, and that applies to MOST of you. And if you agree that selling pus items is babashopping, then any of you who buy scrolls in moradon is a BABASHOPPER.

Now do you see the paradox? If any usd transaction is babashopping, then we are all buying babashopped items. Please think more carefully.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast