Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Balance Question.

This is a discussion on Balance Question. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello everyone. I have a question. Is there a private server that warrior would be better at 1v1 than an ...
Page: 1

Default Balance Question.

Hello everyone. I have a question. Is there a private server that warrior would be better at 1v1 than an assassin? Im talking about a top notch players with best gear. I'm not a very experienced and do not know a lot of stuff. Maybe at a certain level warrior becomes better than an assassin (like for example lvl 72 capped servers or lvl 80 or 83 capped servers)? Maybe some other factor like compound accessories would fit warrior better than an assassin and it would make warrior better at 1v1? Just curious. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRaptor View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a question. Is there a private server that warrior would be better at 1v1 than an assassin? Im talking about a top notch players with best gear. I'm not a very experienced and do not know a lot of stuff. Maybe at a certain level warrior becomes better than an assassin (like for example lvl 72 capped servers or lvl 80 or 83 capped servers)? Maybe some other factor like compound accessories would fit warrior better than an assassin and it would make warrior better at 1v1? Just curious. Thanks guys!
    At lvl 83 when the warrior goes passion build, with huge items like +9/10 with +3 uniques, he will have 14K HP and huge attack power, no way a sin can burst that amount of health down, or even tank the damage the warrior will do, im talking about both going fully scrolled. But after all, it still requires skill, so really it's all on the player himself especially when both are equally geared.

If you go as a balanced warrior ( uniques with def and health too instead of focusing on str) you will be able to win against an assasin everytime

Quote Originally Posted by DrRaptor View Post
    +8 +0 Was pretty much always the point of balance in the game before changes to warriors and rogues were made. 80 cap at least. Anywhere above that the game becomes less and less about balance and with the RNG factor that CP provides there's no point even discussing sin vs warrior balance in newer servers. 15xx servers with +8/+0 item cap will be the most balanced gameplay you will find.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

I think a server with old DD helmet before jamadar will make warrior more powerful compared with rogue. A warrior with iron set , 25 dd helm and a 2h weapon is gonna have an advantage over a rogue with iron set, even if he uses +15/+20 spear/club armor cuz daggers are dual.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    I think a server with old DD helmet before jamadar will make warrior more powerful compared with rogue. A warrior with iron set , 25 dd helm and a 2h weapon is gonna have an advantage over a rogue with iron set, even if he uses +15/+20 spear/club armor cuz daggers are dual.
    Only noobs use DD helms in vs. At least that's the gentlemen's code from the olden days.

Little archer Senior Member

Gentlemen's what? Couldn't hear you over the sound of Illusion, talias, anger explosion, sliding, massive, 10k heals, duration, ibex and red pot being used.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Gentlemen's what? Couldn't hear you over the sound of Illusion, talias, anger explosion, sliding, massive, 10k heals, duration, ibex and red pot being used.
    Back when I played USKO there was no anger, ibex pots or red pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Only noobs use DD helms in vs. At least that's the gentlemen's code from the olden days.
    I respectfully disagree.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

I once killed a uruk hai and it dropped like 500 coins

war's probably a bit better at +9/3's

I respectfully disagree.
    N00bz.

Oh well, 1v1ing is probably the least useful thing in the game anyway, so balancing based on a 1v1 match up is quite stupid. The reason why I say this is because if we balance classes based on 1v1, we must first decide what gear and skills are allowed to be used in the ideal 1v1 situation and then if you try balance BP for example, you'll have a completely broken character in the end with way too much damage + debuffs and heals. Obviously if we allow BPs to use debuffs and heals in vs they're going to be under powered in the long run due to their damage being low without debuffs.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    N00bz.

Oh well, 1v1ing is probably the least useful thing in the game anyway, so balancing based on a 1v1 match up is quite stupid. The reason why I say this is because if we balance classes based on 1v1, we must first decide what gear and skills are allowed to be used in the ideal 1v1 situation and then if you try balance BP for example, you'll have a completely broken character in the end with way too much damage + debuffs and heals. Obviously if we allow BPs to use debuffs and heals in vs they're going to be under powered in the long run due to their damage being low without debuffs.
    Use whatever advantage you have in yer arsenel that's not illegal. If it's legal it's regal.

Banned Regular Member

Use whatever advantage you have in yer arsenel that's not illegal. If it's legal it's regal.
    Quite sad then...

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Except for the fact that there are some inherently broken things in most video games, so in general there is an "honor-code" per say established by the community that actively pvps, such as don't interrupt a VS in CZ, no DD helms in VS, no illusion, that kind of thing.

if you don't agree with the honor code, then you usually aren't good enough for it to matter (like you using DD on apex and still dying to sins in vs) to you anyway.
    Kallop likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast