Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

banned... for real?

This is a discussion on banned... for real? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; haha so yea... ive been banned in ko when i haven't even logged in 2 weeks (nor the people that ...
Page: 1

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

Default banned... for real?

haha so yea... ive been banned in ko when i haven't even logged in 2 weeks (nor the people that can even log my char) as well as my merchant account (my own account that i haven't logged in about 2 months).... for sumreason my lvl 59 char was "observed" using 3rd party programs!. which people that know me know that why would a lvl 59 cheat?... haha so well another 1 bites the dust. bb to all my gear that i got back in c-west :P but kinda pathetic, good thing that things are going well in my real life haha... i just hope it wasn't any sheriffs reporting. but now there is 1 less cs +7 in cwest now :P kinda sad, but o well.

just my real question is, has this happened 2 any1 else recently? or am i just unlucky? lol... i had premium and everything on my account at the time as well and ive already got my ticket back, which its just a copy pasted message...

k2'd
    unfortunately
    If you really wanted your items back I suppose you might try to PM a gm on the officials, but... it would definitely take some time without any guaranteed results
    Last edited by Legend; 02-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.

I know they just did a check for alot of illegal items, and I'm guessing people that had several were banned. Not saying thats why you got banned, just a possibility if you had alot of crazy items, try to pm athenrye on the official forums to find out exactly why you got banned. For the most part sheriffs don't report people for items, unless its a case like what just happened with the +8 moloks, and we definitely can't ban people, only jail them.

*Also just noticed this from athenrye -
    Alright, now that I've been informed on this topic, I'll be able to field some questions you all have.

First of all, to all of you posting up your Names/Servers/request for review: knock it off. That doesn't do anything more than spam up the thread.

The recent bans were of three parts. The first were re-establishing previous bans -- there were several thousand accounts that were banned recently for NPT and other similar crimes, then accidentally unbanned due to a glitch in the function; their permanent duration was overwritten by a 1 day duration. Those accounts have all be re-terminated.

The second part of the bans was by proxy detection. We've been fighting off illegal item sellers a lot harder recently and a big part of their activity is performed by hiding within free proxies. As a result, we had to go through and do a wide-spread wipe by IP. It's plausible that some legitimate users were on those same proxies, so those users are to be encouraged to contact Customer Support. However, let me fully express that this applies only if you access KOL by means of proxy -- anyone who does not doesn't qualify on those grounds and should not contact Customer Support under false pretenses. We're not going to take that lightly.

The third part of the bans was based on a new detection method by Mgame. Apparently they reverse engineered a very popular and commonly used Third Party Tool several months ago and made a way to detect its use. Many of the bans were based on those detections that have been cataloged over the past few months and were all put through yesterday during maintenance.

and this from Korlash -
    Please double check your ban reason on the website. If it says "Other" and you were banned yesterday please submit a support ticket. Those bans had taken place before maintenance and are not part of the bans we did during maintenance.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/...d-after-maint/
    Last edited by snipes12123; 02-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

sucks to be you

on a serious note, pm Athenrye/Korlash on official G1 forum's and they gonna look into ur case, lot's of ppl been banned by mistake since over nine thousand account's have been banned last night.

yea... i only had a cs +7 was my only item on a lvl 59 char... sounds strange but it was more sentimental value then anything

yo jd. damn they banned you too bro. fkd up. Yep same shiet happened to my priest that i made, i think i already told u bout it and basically sending in tickets wont help. they closed all my tickets because i was spamming the sh1t out of them. then i also messaged athenrye. hes the gm mod for knightonlineworld forums. he just made up a buncha bs about how i was banned for selling gbs for $ and his proof was cuz i was logged in with multiple IPs and also in canada. I explained to him that i was sharing with clannies/ friends because its nearly impossible to pk with k0xp (farhell clan) blatantly raping everyone and they dont do anything bout it. Others also made posts about being banned and i posted on their threads explaining to them about how helpful the gms are. they ended up banning me from forum as well lol.

sorry about waht happened to you bro. but we aint gettin shit back.

Little archer Senior Member

this is why i opposed so strongly to threads like "Come back to Usko 2.0!". eventually players get fucked over.

im unbanned now... all good... weird shit

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
    glad to hear you got unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
    Good to hear.

Can you let us know how you went about getting unbanned?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mha002 View Post
    yo jd. damn they banned you too bro. fkd up. Yep same shiet happened to my priest that i made, i think i already told u bout it and basically sending in tickets wont help. they closed all my tickets because i was spamming the sh1t out of them. then i also messaged athenrye. hes the gm mod for knightonlineworld forums. he just made up a buncha bs about how i was banned for selling gbs for $ and his proof was cuz i was logged in with multiple IPs and also in canada. I explained to him that i was sharing with clannies/ friends because its nearly impossible to pk with k0xp (farhell clan) blatantly raping everyone and they dont do anything bout it. Others also made posts about being banned and i posted on their threads explaining to them about how helpful the gms are. they ended up banning me from forum as well lol.

sorry about waht happened to you bro. but we aint gettin shit back.
    it depends on why you got banned. apparently you got banned for the "other" reason. they did massive IP bans. so you only need to submit ticket (don't give them attitude)

Quote Originally Posted by Wirinom22 View Post
    Good to hear.

Can you let us know how you went about getting unbanned?

Thanks.
    same as above, it depends on why you got banned. check the status. and the answer to both of you is given by snipes:

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12123 View Post
    I know they just did a check for alot of illegal items, and I'm guessing people that had several were banned. Not saying thats why you got banned, just a possibility if you had alot of crazy items, try to pm athenrye on the official forums to find out exactly why you got banned. For the most part sheriffs don't report people for items, unless its a case like what just happened with the +8 moloks, and we definitely can't ban people, only jail them.

*Also just noticed this from athenrye -
    Alright, now that I've been informed on this topic, I'll be able to field some questions you all have.

First of all, to all of you posting up your Names/Servers/request for review: knock it off. That doesn't do anything more than spam up the thread.

The recent bans were of three parts. The first were re-establishing previous bans -- there were several thousand accounts that were banned recently for NPT and other similar crimes, then accidentally unbanned due to a glitch in the function; their permanent duration was overwritten by a 1 day duration. Those accounts have all be re-terminated.

The second part of the bans was by proxy detection. We've been fighting off illegal item sellers a lot harder recently and a big part of their activity is performed by hiding within free proxies. As a result, we had to go through and do a wide-spread wipe by IP. It's plausible that some legitimate users were on those same proxies, so those users are to be encouraged to contact Customer Support. However, let me fully express that this applies only if you access KOL by means of proxy -- anyone who does not doesn't qualify on those grounds and should not contact Customer Support under false pretenses. We're not going to take that lightly.

The third part of the bans was based on a new detection method by Mgame. Apparently they reverse engineered a very popular and commonly used Third Party Tool several months ago and made a way to detect its use. Many of the bans were based on those detections that have been cataloged over the past few months and were all put through yesterday during maintenance.

and this from Korlash -
    Please double check your ban reason on the website. If it says "Other" and you were banned yesterday please submit a support ticket. Those bans had taken place before maintenance and are not part of the bans we did during maintenance.

banned after maint - GamersFirst Forums
    good luck to both of you

i checked my status and it says "active" when i try to log in, it says account banned. when i sent in my first ticket, customer service replied back saying i was doing "inappriate activities" (no clue what that means). So i was told by a buncha clannies/friends in game to message athenrye so i did. I first asked him why i was banned and he told me it was because i was selling gold bars for $ and its apparent cuz i have logged in with multiple IPs and also in canada. I replied with an explanation that i was sharing the account with some clannies just for PK. My message was ignored. I sent him another message telling him that my account is important to me, and if there was anything i can do to save my account. That message was also ignored. I noticed he was replying to other peoples threads who were also getting banned so i too initiative to make a post calling him on it, saying that customer service is bs cuz i had premium as well and that gms never care to help. then they banned me on forum . I prob wont get my stuff back but tahts all good.

same happened to me 2 days ago. havent even logged my char in like a month

This happened to my account to. I have a thread on here somewhere. I got the same basic e-mail back you did after i submitted a support ticket. Inappropriate activity.
    I'v been talking to people on the server trying to reach Korlash and i think it worked because i logged on the website and my ban was lifted from forever to 30 days. But still 30 days for what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by henkish View Post
    same happened to me 2 days ago. havent even logged my char in like a month
    Your ban was correct tho, they ban swedish ppl for being.. swedish!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast