Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bannning a Party member to invite a clan member

This is a discussion on Bannning a Party member to invite a clan member within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; clan allways comes first...id rather add a lvl 65 clannie then 75+ random so our team will get stronger...
Page: 2

Banned

clan allways comes first...id rather add a lvl 65 clannie then 75+ random so our team will get stronger

Its not so clearcut.

If its a clan party and you add a random yes, you can kick, although personally I would rather wait for that random to leave or let him know that we will need the spot in lets say 1 hr. If its a random party its a bit more complicated. And especially if you were handed pl rather than originally made the party then you should not kick anyone unless they are not doing what they should be doing. Good example of this are the aoe parties.

In any case, I don't think you actually need to kick randoms in order to help clan. If you invite clan before anyone else when making a party or when you have spots then eventually that will lead to a pure clan party - no need to kick anyone.

Btw, I am talking about xp parties. For pk there is rarely the ned to kick anyone. There isn't a lmited number of spots in pk like in xp, so if you want a clan party then leave the one you are in and make a new one with your clannies.

lez

If you kick a random Turk from your party then its a deadly sin, and you will most likely end up in hell when you die. If you kick an english speaking player then its ok.

iwanttopk

XP - clannie first
    PK - Depends on how good the person is.

Mooshoo

Clan always come first. If you have to hesistate for a second to invite a clan member, either you are are in the wrong clan or they are.

Clan 1st. Sometimes he will have to wait for next spot if friend/non clannie in party. If the ramdom have been doing his job for long time he should get a decent warning time before he will have to leave the party.

And all kicks should be told to the person before he is kicked.

Kreeden

I think that banning a clan member for a random party member is ALMOST always exceptable/should be done.

For example, I was partying with some CN clan, the party leader spoke english and it was exp so other then ++++ and >>>>>> I didn't understand what they said. After like 45-1h in the party the leader messaged me and said that a clan member coming in a little. I understood what he or she meant so I said okay, message me when clan member here and I'll quit party.

And if someone that is just randomly in party because no one else was around flips out when you say clan member coming, then fuk 'em. Clans are like a family helping each other but if you kick out a party member that was constantly fighting and your clan member comes and is constantly going afk, and not fighting I suggest talking to him and telling him straight up that if he's just going to sit there and slow down the exp then it would be best if he "left" the party.[/b]
    +1

I've come to situations where my clannies aren't always the best to have. In some places like DS for example, you need the best of the best. If that's not available in the clan then randoms the way to be. Lets say I have a naked, unmastered lvl60 duffer in my clan and I know a GG random lvl75 duffer that can do the job without going AFK then I'm sorry. Same thing goes with people in your clan who come in using a toto + mp recov and sword dance at 70+. Sorry but if someone using howling sword and their main weapon comes. bb bro.

Overall, clannies > then all.

It depends on the situation, some places if you do that, you don't get party anymore. For example, diez human side cz evil wizard....here it runs by a list on first come first serve basis. You come to the spot and get a party invite if room, if not you're put on a "waiting list". At times this list can be 2-3 ppl waiting, and other times there can be 2-3 priests, 3-4 rogues, and 15-20 mages waiting for a spot. If you kick somebody that's in the party for a clannie you want to get in, 99% of the time xp is done for the day. Either 1)they ks you alone, or create a ks party, 2) they call orcs to come raid you non stop and then they camp the spot for 3-4 hours, 3) they call all of their clan and make melee ks parties to keep you from xping, 4) they bring a low lvl debuffer and sleep the lure non stop for hours on end, 5) they tart luring the evil wizards away from the spot and strand them at random places all throughout the cz map. Only way to solve 1-4 is to let them back in the party but you have to leave as punishment for kicking them, as for 5, either you spend a couple hours to hunt down every last EW and kill it so it respawns back, or wait for server restart to put them back...however if you choose to hunt them down, you have to pray that they don't lure more away while you're searching.

So long story short, if you kick a random to add a clannie, there very well could be repercussions for your decision.

side2side125

clan and friend first

SillyHo

We recently discussed this issue in our own clan forums. I mean its a really hard thing to deal with but hypothetically the non-clan guy has been in DS with you for 2 hours and has been a model party member fulfilling his duties to the letter with minimal chat. I prefer my clan mates not put me in the position to kick every single time, but if it needs to be done, show a bit of class and it goes a long way. I simply PM the guy and ask how long he plans on being here, if he says long time I explain I have a clanmate coming and I will need to kick him in 30 minutes or so. A simple bit of respect and an extra 30 minutes in a kick ass DS party goes a long way. 9 times outta 10 the guy will tell us TY for party when the clan mate arrives and disband on his own without the need for a kick.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

We recently discussed this issue in our own clan forums. I mean its a really hard thing to deal with but hypothetically the non-clan guy has been in DS with you for 2 hours and has been a model party member fulfilling his duties to the letter with minimal chat. I prefer my clan mates not put me in the position to kick every single time, but if it needs to be done, show a bit of class and it goes a long way. I simply PM the guy and ask how long he plans on being here, if he says long time I explain I have a clanmate coming and I will need to kick him in 30 minutes or so. A simple bit of respect and an extra 30 minutes in a kick ass DS party goes a long way. 9 times outta 10 the guy will tell us TY for party when the clan mate arrives and disband on his own without the need for a kick.[/b]
    I like this guys idea. No need for being a dick D:

cama

id prefer to level with people that make the time go by faster than random turks who just end up pissing me off

ooo

I think that banning a clan member for a random party member is ALMOST always exceptable/should be done.

For example, I was partying with some CN clan, the party leader spoke english and it was exp so other then ++++ and >>>>>> I didn't understand what they said. After like 45-1h in the party the leader messaged me and said that a clan member coming in a little. I understood what he or she meant so I said okay, message me when clan member here and I'll quit party.

And if someone that is just randomly in party because no one else was around flips out when you say clan member coming, then fuk 'em. Clans are like a family helping each other but if you kick out a party member that was constantly fighting and your clan member comes and is constantly going afk, and not fighting I suggest talking to him and telling him straight up that if he's just going to sit there and slow down the exp then it would be best if he "left" the party.[/b]
    agree, not in all case where kicking someone just to invite a clan member is always good. sometime the party endup dying cuz u eliminate the good one jsut to make place for your noobie friends. on the side note, i have rarely seen the turks i party with kick someone just to invite their clannies. tell me if u guys notice that nice quality that they have too..

side2side125

i play this game to have fun and when i play with turk i hate this maybe why i will stop soon :S

It can be annoying if you exp with the same people everyday that arnt from your clan, and a clanny decides he wants to join.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast