Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Best duo not including a priest.

This is a discussion on Best duo not including a priest. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by razor So basically, you gotta rely on the stupidity of the enemy for that strat to work? ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So basically, you gotta rely on the stupidity of the enemy for that strat to work? Too much c-west hmm?

Lol, get out of here. against non retarded people, a duo mage + sin will never work. No one will chase anyone, no one will overextend, and if they keep running away they will just ignore them and move on.

Not saying it can't work, but it's unfair to assume that the duo is wicked skilled while everyone else they face are not (their enemies don't even have to be godlike pros, they just need a little bit of intelligence which is hard to find in nowadays KO players, but still).
    Lol, believe me, alot of fucking people over-extend. If you want to play the whole C-west < every other server, turkish servers are alot easier to pull off decent lures do to the shear number of players. Intelligence is always a key factor when fighting outnumbered, what do you think the "pro-ness" of your combo means sweet fuck all vs 8 people as a duo, c'mon now. If we're talking 2v5/6/7 of exactly the same intelligence/skill then the outcome is obvious. Please refrain from this whole "C-west" thing when addressing me, it does not interest me. Have you actually played any other server on a level/skillcap even worth mentioning, other than EUKO, which is like everyone? Back the fuck up.

That's exactly the point nathan, the mage doesn't have light feet, if he did then both him and the sins would be running at equal distance from each other the whole time now, wouldn't they. There will always be people further away from the bulk of their part in almost every scenario, let's not talk like every KO player is the smartest/skilled gamer to ever have graced the internet.

Occasionally be hit (being hit by only 1 player at a time, aka not having the whole team rim you), there is a difference, i don't believe i said the mage should never be hit? View does not = melee range. Mages are casters with like what, 25 yard range or smth? You want sins to catch the mage, hence over-extending/being out of position/whatever you want to call it, makes them prime for a pretty textbook kill. I thought this was duo, mages have tp with like a 1 sec cast time?

Am i the only one that thinks all your replys are fucking stupid? Have you never, ever ran sin/mage before or smth? I personally thought it was like, the most common duo by a long shot, guess not.

A duo without duffs is nothing.. duo Sin is the only one that can take down people fast without duffs and if they fail they can run. Better get a priest in there..

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Lol, believe me, alot of fucking people over-extend. If you want to play the whole C-west < every other server, turkish servers are alot easier to pull off decent lures do to the shear number of players. Intelligence is always a key factor when fighting outnumbered, what do you think the "pro-ness" of your combo means sweet fuck all vs 8 people as a duo, c'mon now. If we're talking 2v5/6/7 of exactly the same intelligence/skill then the outcome is obvious. Please refrain from this whole "C-west" thing when addressing me, it does not interest me. Have you actually played any other server on a level/skillcap even worth mentioning, other than EUKO, which is like everyone? Back the fuck up.

That's exactly the point nathan, the mage doesn't have light feet, if he did then both him and the sins would be running at equal distance from each other the whole time now, wouldn't they. There will always be people further away from the bulk of their part in almost every scenario, let's not talk like every KO player is the smartest/skilled gamer to ever have graced the internet.

Occasionally be hit (being hit by only 1 player at a time, aka not having the whole team rim you), there is a difference, i don't believe i said the mage should never be hit? View does not = melee range. Mages are casters with like what, 25 yard range or smth? You want sins to catch the mage, hence over-extending/being out of position/whatever you want to call it, makes them prime for a pretty textbook kill. I thought this was duo, mages have tp with like a 1 sec cast time?

Am i the only one that thinks all your replys are fucking stupid? Have you never, ever ran sin/mage before or smth? I personally thought it was like, the most common duo by a long shot, guess not.
    My personal experience with turkish servers is that they chase and chase coz noone wanna leave those 50 nps to the others.. Which means your mage will have a ton of people chasing him/her and you aren't playing LoL with the terms u r using.. different rules apply. Btw not ALL razzys replys are fucking stupid..

My point was the specific classes which i find best for a duo, not whether duo's work atall. Lets stay on track. Sorry bro, didn't realise submitting posts on a KO board required certain grammar, apologies. I didn't multiquote unfortunately, my post was directed at multiple people, not just Razor. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by N4v4rr0 View Post
    My personal experience with turkish servers is that they chase and chase coz noone wanna leave those 50 nps to the others.. Which means your mage will have a ton of people chasing him/her and you aren't playing LoL with the terms u r using.. different rules apply. Btw not ALL razzys replys are fucking stupid..
    a town button is also useful if your getting chased if you were a mage and as you say that these people chase all day long for those nps it'll be the same for duo sins they won't be able to out run other sins and other peeps would defz catch up
    if you were a mage get the sin to lure a few nabs one way mage start tping and stuff its all about coordination and skill with duos thats what i love about being a mage...the run and support and kill thats always fun that incorporates alot of skill to not just gear so its a fun challenge when playing

Quote Originally Posted by sinful View Post
    a town button is also useful if your getting chased if you were a mage and as you say that these people chase all day long for those nps it'll be the same for duo sins they won't be able to out run other sins and other peeps would defz catch up
    if you were a mage get the sin to lure a few nabs one way mage start tping and stuff its all about coordination and skill with duos thats what i love about being a mage...the run and support and kill thats always fun that incorporates alot of skill to not just gear so its a fun challenge when playing
    Ofcourse, but towning all day long isn't my idea of a good scroll run.. which is usually very nice when duoing.. And you can outrun other sins if you have the edge they won't come any closer unless you do stupid shit usually the splittactic does work with 2 sins..

@lavie LOL i wasn't talking about your grammar.. More that the term overextending might not be the right word for the situation you are referring to. If you disagree so be it.

Anyways I personally think 2 Bp's or 1 BP and 1 Sin would be the best duo since they attract soloing enemys like flies and pack a punch so the solo sins cant run.. Best use of scrolls and I know u said no priests, but idc.

I once knew a mage that could make any duo a deadly affair. But for this question, while duo sins have their advantage of surprise and the initial power punch, I'd much prefer a strong light mage + a top flight sin who is equally skilled in dealing death as well as sustaining life in a support capacity (of which I've known a few). With the exception of an instantaneous full heal, I'd prefer the aforementioned sin to a priest in regards to picking a duo partner as a mage. It all comes down to personal preference, but for my money, light mage and assassin are the better duo combo if played by the proper people.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Overall it boils down to personal preference. I just love how people (yes Lavie, I'm talking about you =P) seem to think they know the most and are always right and if someone doesn't agree then they are morons.

I respect your opinion that a mage and sin will form a good combo, I just find it outrageous. And nothing you have said to me has since changed my opinion. Not just you, but actually anyone who has stated a mage/sin combo works.

You can't assume that the mage and sin are super skilled and loads better than everyone else. You can't assume the other party is full of morons. How often do you really see a party which runs in all directions if they have any ounce of unity and skill? You're telling me if you saw a clan party of 8 people your sin and mage would have a chance? You think you'd lure a couple and kill them? No. You're forgetting that A) the other party is likely to have priests. B) they may well have a mage who will TP when people get close to dying. C) that there are gonna be morons ina party who will run. I agree, you're strategy would work if you're fighting a bunch of idiots. Having said that, most strategies would work if you're fighting idiots. But a mage and sin will not be able to lure people if the opposition party is any good.

And anyway, where is the fun? See a party and just run away until you get a single person to kill? Honestly that doesn't sound like fun. What I'm saying is with a SIN/SIN combo, you don't need to rely on luring noobs. Of course you can't run up against a full 8 man party and take them straight up - that goes without saying for any duo. But you can target someone, kill them quickly and efficiently, then move away and regroup and go again.

I genuinely fail to see why you think a mage would survive easily if there were sins running after him/her. Hypothetically it sounds great. But this is reality, and it just doesn't work as you say in CZ.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Overall it boils down to personal preference. I just love how people (yes Lavie, I'm talking about you =P) seem to think they know the most and are always right and if someone doesn't agree then they are morons.

I respect your opinion that a mage and sin will form a good combo, I just find it outrageous. And nothing you have said to me has since changed my opinion. Not just you, but actually anyone who has stated a mage/sin combo works.

You can't assume that the mage and sin are super skilled and loads better than everyone else. You can't assume the other party is full of morons. How often do you really see a party which runs in all directions if they have any ounce of unity and skill? You're telling me if you saw a clan party of 8 people your sin and mage would have a chance? You think you'd lure a couple and kill them? No. You're forgetting that A) the other party is likely to have priests. B) they may well have a mage who will TP when people get close to dying. C) that there are gonna be morons ina party who will run. I agree, you're strategy would work if you're fighting a bunch of idiots. Having said that, most strategies would work if you're fighting idiots. But a mage and sin will not be able to lure people if the opposition party is any good.

And anyway, where is the fun? See a party and just run away until you get a single person to kill? Honestly that doesn't sound like fun. What I'm saying is with a SIN/SIN combo, you don't need to rely on luring noobs. Of course you can't run up against a full 8 man party and take them straight up - that goes without saying for any duo. But you can target someone, kill them quickly and efficiently, then move away and regroup and go again.

I genuinely fail to see why you think a mage would survive easily if there were sins running after him/her. Hypothetically it sounds great. But this is reality, and it just doesn't work as you say in CZ.
    The kid is a sad McD worker who's only been playing KO for about a year and has literally no idea about anything KO-related.
    His best KO experience is C-west's DCZ where he was a self-proclaimed god, yet when he played EUKO he was laughed at for being a complete noob as a CZ priest.
    So... give him a break, it's like bullying a retarded child.

Sin + archer.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    The kid is a sad McD worker who's only been playing KO for about a year and has literally no idea about anything KO-related.
    His best KO experience is C-west's DCZ where he was a self-proclaimed god, yet when he played EUKO he was laughed at for being a complete noob as a CZ priest.
    So... give him a break, it's like bullying a retarded child.
    Coolboy, i seriously don't even know why you bother. General trend seems to be, you flame me with a couple personal attacks and a couple made up statements, i post back, you stop posting. I don't work at Macdonalds, i'm almost certain i'm not a kid and i'm damn sure i've been playing KO for well over a year, almost to the point where its slightly embarrassing.

I'm no self proclaimed God, although i do admit, and i'm pretty sure i speak for all the fellas i played with we had some mad funny times in C-west DCZ. I'm not going to give you a list of all the servers i've played cause i feel no need to explain to you how sadly experienced i am when it comes to KO but i can assure you C-west was not the only.

I never played with you in EUKO nor any of your clannies, your opinion is your own though, that's cool. The only thing i did find funny when playing EUKO was the pure bitchiness of you and all the little fuckwad friends. You guys act all tough and mighty on the forums flaming people all day, when it comes down to it your all quiet as church mice in vent and frequently get bitched at by your own mates. Remember logging into vent and you sat there all shushed up farming UNDEZ exp cakes on your level 10 whilst you got bitched at and taken the piss out of. Even remember your silly arse having *Jeffs Bitch* or something as your vent tag.

So don't come at me with all this shit, you aren't fooling anyone. You're a fucking nobody, nothing but some slave trying to cling onto the ego's of other players, under the belief that the more shit you take from established players the more your own shit dont stink on the forums. Long post i know, but i'm sure you'll get through it with some "TLDR" shit. If you ever want to actually have a laugh whilst playing some games, i can pm you vent infos.

@ Resser, i cba explaining further how the comp works extremely well, each to their own. Try it sometime though, you might be surprised.

Peace.
    deeh and ExclusiveBastard like this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by N4v4rr0 View Post
    Btw not ALL razzys replys are fucking stupid..
    ...Thanks man, I appreaciate it -_-
    ExclusiveBastard likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

lavie you're never wrong, are you? I guess your personal experience must overwhelmingly surpass common sense in that specific case.

Or you're probably "trolling".
    Last edited by razor; 10-17-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo
    N4v4rr0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    lavie you're never wrong, are you? I guess your personal experience must overwhelming surpass common sense in that specific case.

Or you're probably "trolling".
    Alright razor, I know you were a decent guy in ko. You said yourself that you like pissing ppl off, and you dont even play ko anymore, like 90% of all the other trolls on forums. you have over 4k troll posts, Lavie was just giving another class combo. You both "know" you are all right its preference and skill. Any combo could do good.... COULD...

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    @ Resser, i cba explaining further how the comp works extremely well, each to their own. Try it sometime though, you might be surprised.

Peace.
    I have tried it actually, all be it a while ago, and I didn't find it very successful.

I also find it highly ironic how you're extremly judgemental for someone who is flaming, yet you're able to write a 15 line reply to said person by basically counter-flaming yet when it comes to the actual discussion you apparently can't be assed. So you have time to flame but not to actually discuss?

I think you and coolboy both are behaving like idiots; no need to get involved with personal insults and the like. It's virtually impossible to have a civilised adult discussion on these forums anymore lol, really frustrating.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast