Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

best shields

This is a discussion on best shields within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; It depends on the situation and your other equipment. For example: If you wear DD helmet and/or other DD accessories, ...
Page: 3

TPriest

It depends on the situation and your other equipment.

For example: If you wear DD helmet and/or other DD accessories, you wont necessarily need a dol. Or if you have high resists, you wont necessarily need a scorpion shield.

The best is to buy a dol/dread/chitin/scorp and use the right shield in the right situation lol. Syphioric is only meant for lvl70- who cant afford chitin/dread (poor ppl like me, i have a Syphioric XD )

hitman5

i think ss is not so useful cuz u have lot of rougues and warriors with high ap and ss has low defense and no spear nor dagger denfense, BTW i play on ares

WhoompThereitis

cs+7 ftw

what about 40dd shield? >_<

Glader

what you need is a warrior/bp shield, a mage shield, and a rogue shield to swap around depending on the situation. As someone said: there is no "best" shield in all situations.

Warrior/BP shields:

Chitin Shield
    Personal Shield
    Dread Shield ~ Sword/Ax/Club 40 Shield

Mage shields:

Scorpion Shield
    Chitin Shield
    Personal Shield

Sin Shields:

Dagger Defense 40 Shield
    Dread Shield
    Defender of the Lord

Of course, you see that the Chitin Shield could be covering melee attacks the best (apart from sins), as well as taking a second place against mages, making it a candidate for an all-round shield. The Scorpion Shield is obviously the best against mages, but lacking the extra defense/weapon-defenses to protect against any melee attack, and the dread shield would provide decent defense towards all melee attacks.
    I see the personal shield as a sub-chitin shield, with a slight tendency to be good against mages thanks to it&#39;s small health bonus and resistances.

That&#39;s how I would rank them for a priest. Feel free to bash my ranking

Banned Senior Member

in +0 CS is the best so far (if u upgrade it higher than +3 u have mental problems), Dread shield is good in +8... have dd defanse very useful. personal shield is good in +3 too for tank meles, scorpion shield good for mages or undy set[/b]
    correction, if you upgrade it higher then +0 ( if it is a +0 ) then you have mental problems. Hell, upgrading one of those at any + shouldn&#39;t be done

hitman5

why u say that phantom? +0 is good for mage, sins but not for priest

correction, if you upgrade it higher then +0 ( if it is a +0 ) then you have mental problems. Hell, upgrading one of those at any + shouldn&#39;t be done[/b]
    lol your right +1

Why syphioric is so low rated! it can be good for a warrior with tota +8 and no cash

the syphio have great defense and strenght bonus and 20 AP bonus (lol)

ymca

1. personal
    2. cs
    3. ds
    4. ss
    5. dotl
    6. syphoric

at +8
    when a priest is using it

not sure about warrior

Banned Senior Member

why u say that phantom? +0 is good for mage, sins but not for priest[/b]
    a +0 is good for anybody. If the weapon defence changed at each + then sure it would make sense to upgrade it. But a +0 CS has the same defence as a +10. All you get in the upgrades is some more AC and some hp. Since they are slowly becoming rarer and rarer they are too valuable to risk burning for some extra stat points.

Also because +0 can be worth as much as a +6, +1,2,3,4,5 CS&#39;s are a waste of a CS unless you are able to get your hands on one and have enough str points to use it ( if your a sin or mage ) then keep it at whatever level it&#39;s at

Itachisama

lol your right +1

Why syphioric is so low rated! it can be good for a warrior with tota +8 and no cash

the syphio have great defense and strenght bonus and 20 AP bonus (lol)[/b]
    Thats what i thought about syphioric too, i was surprised to see it was rated the worst h34r:

jordan900

i think dread shield is the best........... only thing making CS better is because it can b worn by everyone at +0

NeronDomitius

i think dread shield is the best........... only thing making CS better is because it can b worn by everyone at +0[/b]
    let&#39;s say cs and dread are on +7

dread has 350 (+/-) ac
    cs has around 170 ac

torment -> decrease 30% of ur ac --> that means that u loose much more ac if u have dread shield -> free np&#39;s

weapon def can&#39;t be decreased so every time u use cs u have 50 weapon def, that&#39;s what make&#39;s cs best shield..

btw, i said tormented cuz if u pk, u have to expect to be duffed most of the time (that&#39;s how thing&#39;s r on ares), and believe me, u cant cure yourself when theres gangbang crew behind u.

and as it was allways -> WEAPON DEF>>>> ac,hp,ressist

Strike

It would be a good idea to have 2 shields on you at all times and my choices would be:

for a priest lvl 60-69: Dread+7 and SS+7
    for a priest lvl 70+: personal+7 and SS+7

For under lvl 70 the dread gives great defense and some decent weapon defense against melee attacks. It also offers a little fire/light resist which comes in handy against 1 or 2 mages and a small hp bonus. The SS is great for an undy buff and is the best shield to use against mages.

For 70+ the personal shield is even usefull at +3 so a +7 is just way better. It offers good defense and great weapon defense against melees and some resists making it a good all around shield. And again the SS for the mages and undy buff.

the chitin sheild is by far the best shield for any class but i&#39;m realistic in knowing the vast majority of the people can&#39;t afford it so thats why i didn&#39;t consider it. If i DID have one though i would take that as my primary shield in a heartbeat.

warriors don&#39;t usually use a shield except for the undy buff/ tanking towers and running for thier life in which case it would be the SS+7 for undy, dread+7 for 60-69 and ps+7 for 70+ for tanking and running.

ArminVanBuuren

I just think hitman sux -_- He should have used Search button -_-

j/k :P

My personal opinion is kinda similar, but I think SS is not good for its AC but for its resistance...has almost 50 to everything at +7, so could be taken for an Anti-Magic Shield, which is good since now mages seem to hit harder (some novas)...besides, ANY extra ICE Res is useful now since icing is almost 100%...for me this would be the order:

1. Chitin Shield
    2. Personal Shield (if 70-, Dread Shield and viceversa)
    3. Defender of the Lord
    4. Scorpion Shield
    5. Syphioric

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast