Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bugs, Cheaters and Fantasyscapes

This is a discussion on Bugs, Cheaters and Fantasyscapes within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; let the game makers decide the rules , play a game as a game ..... ^_^ hackers/crackers are not robin ...
Page: 2

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

let the game makers decide the rules , play a game as a game ..... ^_^
    hackers/crackers are not robin hood, they have their personal gains ( when they hack accounts , use their tools to load key loggers etc)[/b]
    +1

hacks are noob

. So, when u say 3rd party tools are part of the original desing, you are DEATH WRONG.[/b]
    I actually never said ventrilo is part of the original game design ; infact a third party tool is by definition deviated from original game design.

I did say "it is part of original game design"... but obviously this is cognitive dissonance... it is meant to read

"it is not part of original game design"

Btw the colloquial term you are going for is "dead wrong", your using an adjective instead of a verb.

My argument for ventrilo being a third party tool of relavance is that it does boost game "performance" i.e. cohesion and communication. It is obvious this presents advantages over text communication, most significantly convenience.

The point is its not part of original game design to communicate orally, only textually. This has effects on gameplay.

Besides this its a free2play game, ventrilo servers cost money, there are sometimes limited acess and headsets cost money...so it is not equally accecable in regards to oppurtunity.

The whole reason one argues for the virtue of original game design, is because it offers equal opportunity to all players of the game... a third party tool goes against this grain and it includes ventrilo- dispite your approval or dissaproval.

I think you are operating with a flawed definition of 'cheating' and it makes the rest of your reasoning in your post equally flawed. If me and my friends are practicing our combos in the arena, thus "using some means to advance [ourselves] over other players", I would not say that we are cheating, although on your definition we are. (A kind of reductio argument.)

Also, if you reach a conclusion where the only 'legit' people are those who who do not pay for premium (or for things in the PUS, or other items sanctioned by K2), I think you should question, rather than accepting, that conclusion.

What is or is not cheating (i.e., the practice of it and not the meaning of the concept) is in the first instance defined by K2 in the TOS/EULA. Then there is the community's say on various other aspects of this. Most people would say, I believe, that using Heavenfire is cheating but not all would say that 'babashopping' is cheating, although both are against the TOS/EULA.[/b]
    Come on dude, i thought you were smart. The law is not synonamous with ethical conduct and moral viewpoint.

Do you really want to be k2's batty boy and adhere to the TOS/EULA simply because K2 says it is rightous?

Why dont you become a christian because the bible is said to be the holy word of God? Use your brain bro.

The quote is meant to read "not part of the original game design", sorry about the typo. Technically speaking combois not part of original game design.

If you guys might have noticed i put "cheating" in brackets to imply my sarcastic use of the term... because it is simply an unreal social construction.

"Cheating" is simply anything that goes against what k2 wants... and we can see k2's intention are not really worthy of revere.

if my attention span was long enough to read all these postst this would probally stil be really pointless.[/b]
    Not my fualt your illiterate and have ADHD.

Lets say that "cheating" is defined as using some means to advance yourself over other players; you could also include that it is part of the original game design.[/b]
    So, if I skip work 1 or 2 days for exp in a new server while most cant, its cheating? My friends lives in mexico, due to the pig plague they have he had to stay 2 weeks or so in quarintine the same time ionia started. Is he cheating?

FOR INSTANCE= Ventrilo.

This is a third party tool, there is no in game voice chat within the original game design... so users have taken their own intiative and modified the experience using a 3rd party tool... ya dig?[/b]
    No its not a 3rd party tool, you could duo pk with your phones or in the same house with 2+ computers, it improves the comunication, an indirect factor to the game who does not alter the rules of it. Saying its a 3rd party TOOL its like saying that somebody has an unfair advantage at chess because he is smarter than other ppl, or that he had more practice than other ppl.

So, when u say 3rd party tools are part of the original desing, you are DEATH WRONG.[/b]
    I actually never said ventrilo is part of the original game design ; infact a third party tool is by definition deviated from original game design.[/b]
    YOU say ventrilo is a 3rd party tool = cheat, YOU say cheating is include as a part of the original desing... 1 + 1 = ?

So, if I skip work 1 or 2 days for exp in a new server while most cant, its cheating? My friends lives in mexico, due to the pig plague they have he had to stay 2 weeks or so in quarintine the same time ionia started. Is he cheating?
    No its not a 3rd party tool, you could duo pk with your phones or in the same house with 2+ computers, it improves the comunication, an indirect factor to the game who does not alter the rules of it. Saying its a 3rd party TOOL its like saying that somebody has an unfair advantage at chess because he is smarter than other ppl, or that he had more practice than other ppl.
    YOU say ventrilo is a 3rd party tool = cheat, YOU say cheating is include as a part of the original desing... 1 + 1 = ?[/b]
    Thats a typo - its actualy the opposite of what i intended. I repeat it should read

"NOT part of original design"

This would include ventrilo, phones, minor pedals... EVERYTHING that is not either a) knight online or b) enabled by human consciousness that is enabled within game design.

EVERYTHING that is not the FIRST PARTY TOOL (Knight online) IS a THIRD PARTY TOOL

If somebody is "smarter" than someone else (smart is an ambigous word) then it is enabled by human consciousness which is enabled within the game of chess.

It might be unfair, but it is not a third party quality- it is enbaled by the original game design of chess.. and indeed it is the ability to become good at chess using cognition or "becoming smart at it" that makes the game enjoyable.

animakuz

Thats a typo - its actualy the opposite of what i intended. I repeat it should read

"NOT part of original design"

This would include ventrilo, phones, minor pedals... EVERYTHING that is not either a) knight online or b) enabled by human consciousness that is enabled within game design.

EVERYTHING that is not the FIRST PARTY TOOL (Knight online) IS a THIRD PARTY TOOL

If somebody is "smarter" than someone else (smart is an ambigous word) then it is enabled by human consciousness which is enabled within the game of chess.

It might be unfair, but it is not a third party quality- it is enbaled by the original game design of chess.. and indeed it is the ability to become good at chess using cognition or "becoming smart at it" that makes the game enjoyable.[/b]
    Exactly. I think people are confusing ability and tools. The chess reference would be better if he had compared it to a) someone who practises combo all day to be good or just has faster fingers and/or is really ambidextrous or b) someone who uses a computer program to analyze the chess board to find the best plays. Then you would be comparing similar entities ie tool vs tool or ability(gained or innate) vs ability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12