Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server Maintenance for no reason?

This is a discussion on Server Maintenance for no reason? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was waiting as I am unaccustommed to as my tuesday late-night class ended last week, so I went to ...
Page: 1

HotAsIce

I was waiting as I am unaccustommed to as my tuesday late-night class ended last week, so I went to K2's FTP site, and low and behold, there was patch 1481 zip file there. So I downlaod it, update my options file, and load in to KO after the servers went back up, but I got an outdated version error? So I removed the 1481 zip folder, re-installed the 1480 patch zip file, extracted it, and I got in fine without patching. So I went to the FTP site a couple minutes after the servers went up to see if the file was still there, and it was gone! Looked on the bar on the upper-right hand corner of the game where it shows allt he updates, and there was nothing new there! And literally minutes after the servers went back, I saw someone using arrowshower with daggers. So my question is, what made this 9 hour maintenance so long, especially if nothing was fucking released?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I was waiting as I am unaccustommed to as my tuesday late-night class ended last week, so I went to K2's FTP site, and low and behold, there was patch 1481 zip file there. So I downlaod it, update my options file, and load in to KO after the servers went back up, but I got an outdated version error? So I removed the 1481 zip folder, re-installed the 1480 patch zip file, extracted it, and I got in fine without patching. So I went to the FTP site a couple minutes after the servers went up to see if the file was still there, and it was gone! Looked on the bar on the upper-right hand corner of the game where it shows allt he updates, and there was nothing new there! And literally minutes after the servers went back, I saw someone using arrowshower with daggers. So my question is, what made this 9 hour maintenance so long, especially if nothing was fucking released?[/b]
    there are such things as server side updates, not everything is about patches

HotAsIce

there are such things as server side updates, not everything is about patches[/b]
    I understand that, and that is why I put the bit in about the FTP site having a downloadable patch. Why would they make a 1481 patch in zip format available to the public on their FTP site if it wasn't a botched attempt at a client-side update? Let me look in my recycle bin and see what that patch replaced.

It contained one file, KnightOnline.exe, so it was a client patch. I think that would mean they just failed at releasing a new patch that would give third party programs trouble. K2 Developers FTL?

RiseAgainst_

First please answers us 1 question...

How can we know?

HotAsIce

Erm, how can you know what? :P

So my question is, what made this 9 hour maintenance so long, especially if nothing was fucking released?[/b]
    First please answers us 1 question...
    How can we know?[/b]
    Erm, how can you know what? :P[/b]

:mellow:

maybe they upgraded the hardware?

Ehh, we've been having weekly maintenances for like what 7 months now?

And because we've gotten 2 patches the past 2 maintenances you think that from now on every maintenance gets to have a new patch installed? :s

Maintenance is just to upgrade hardware/restart everything/clean up whatever is necessary to keep the servers run smoothly.

4que

I think they do a dupe wipe every week now as well.

HotAsIce

Come now people, read the post. Why would there be a new knightonline.exe file released in a public FTP site, then removed if it was HARDWARE?! This means they did something wrong, and removed in, and wasted 9 hours of our playing time. I don't understand why people are failing to grasp this idea. I didn't say anything about previous restarts, I said that THIS restart had a patch in it that was removed, and was significantly longer than normal server maintenances, yet they have absolutely nothing to show for it. When a new knightonline.exe file is released with the patches, it is a client patch, which means it stops koxp and the other versions of it. For the most part, it appears that every maintenance has stopped third party programs for a short amount of time, I'm trying to show you that they tried to keep third party programs from working again apparently, and they couldn't. So now we are either going to get an "emergency maintenance" in the middle of the week, or have to deal with koxpers for a whole week again before we get any sort of break. Lets hope they don't use the free time to develop something like the CZ arrowshower again eh?

Who cares ?They spent 9 hours released a patch and EVEN if there was something wrong and they removed it,so what ?Thats good if they found it out by themselves and we didnt have any problems with servers/client...
    About the koxp and other programs,even if they patch it, that wont help,in a few hours another version will come out,when there was only 1 program koxp after they released new patch we could enjoy a few days w/o koxp and now there is tons of these programs,so even if they patch it you'll see koxp in 2-3 hours...

Coronius

Come now people, read the post. Why would there be a new knightonline.exe file released in a public FTP site, then removed if it was HARDWARE?! This means they did something wrong, and removed in, and wasted 9 hours of our playing time. I don't understand why people are failing to grasp this idea. I didn't say anything about previous restarts, I said that THIS restart had a patch in it that was removed, and was significantly longer than normal server maintenances, yet they have absolutely nothing to show for it. When a new knightonline.exe file is released with the patches, it is a client patch, which means it stops koxp and the other versions of it. For the most part, it appears that every maintenance has stopped third party programs for a short amount of time, I'm trying to show you that they tried to keep third party programs from working again apparently, and they couldn't. So now we are either going to get an "emergency maintenance" in the middle of the week, or have to deal with koxpers for a whole week again before we get any sort of break. Lets hope they don't use the free time to develop something like the CZ arrowshower again eh?[/b]

im personaly happy because they took off a possible buggy patch ! coz ppl like u would cry more coz of a possible dupe-bug version ! as about 9 hours extented maintenance seems that took so long coz of the tests they did to find out that new patch was bugged / tryed to fix it / saw they cant in a so sort period / took it off / relaunch !

all the above are a theory but im happy if this theory is true ! and tbh i dont really care if we got 9 or 20 hours maintenance as long as we got a non-bugged version ...

Banned

server mainatnce was to give us more xtrap problems >.<

Madness

guys thats 9 hours helping nolifers get some time to wash theyr body..talking with family members..sleep..eat etc..
    be patient plz

HotAsIce

I almost posted a big post again, but I give up, people just don&#39;t get it obviously. Not everyone is concerned with the length of time the servers are down, some people actually care about the stability of the game, and the effectiveness of it&#39;s developers, but I see I can&#39;t get you to get that now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast