Can he still get banned?

This is a discussion on Can he still get banned? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This guy was using arrow shower hack in Ronark the other day and I saw him in town later in ...
Page: 1

sniper_eye

This guy was using arrow shower hack in Ronark the other day and I saw him in town later in the day. And I pmed him telling him I have SS of him and his dmg. He told me oh well he is changing his name. Can they still ban him with a new name by his ip or will get away with it by changing his name?

Boyce

They wont ban him at all.
    Showing 5 shot dmg isnt proof enough.
    K2 dont give a shit and wouldnt ban him with proper evidence.
    They just character ban so i doubt they would bother to search his ip ( refer to the line above).

Shane1911

They wont ban him at all.
    Showing 5 shot dmg isnt proof enough.[/b]
    Wrong. People are finally getting banned on Ares, at least.

Linus stated before that they can still trace a player even when they name change even when they are cypher ringed. So, assuming Linus isn't a lier, I guess he can still get banned yea.

Boyce

Wrong. People are finally getting banned on Ares, at least.[/b]
    Hes not on ares.
    That is rare.

Linus stated before that they can still trace a player even when they name change even when they are cypher ringed. So, assuming Linus isn't a lier, I guess he can still get banned yea.[/b]
    what u mean by Chypher Ringed

Strike

what u mean by Chypher Ringed[/b]
    he means if the char is sold/traded on a ring and a new person plays it, they can ban that char even though there may be a new user and even if that new person name changes it. its f'd up ya but that's why you don't buy chars from noob players with really weird names.

in the database, every char has their own row
    for example

player1, level 32, exp 827367, coins 21000000000, nation=elmo , banned=no
    player2, level 72, exp 13333, coins 333337, nation=karus , banned=no
    player 3, level 64, exp8273674, coins 283747, nationkarus , banned = yes

when u put a char in a cypher ring, the character data is still in their db, so they can easily change the character to banned, and when you go to unseal the char onyour account, your account gets banned (they have it set to if 1 of the chars on your account is banned, you cant login to that account (the account is banned))