Can't Type

This is a discussion on Can't Type within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated! I can't type more than 5 characters in private message ...
Page: 1

Banned Member

Default Can't Type

Hi any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I can't type more than 5 characters in private message ingame, once i hit the 6th letter it will go back to the beginning of the sentence or copy whatever was previously typed. This also affects anything i try to buy or anything i put into the inn over 5 digits worth.

I first had this issue when my account got hacked and i couldn't enter the 6th digit on OTP. I've ran a malware scan and antivirus scan with no threats found.

I have no issues typing in any other programs other then steamko and usko.

Thanks!

Banned Senior Member

That's a new one on me.

Try simply unplugging your keyboard and plugging it back in while in game maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by KingJake View Post
    Hi any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I can't type more than 5 characters in private message ingame, once i hit the 6th letter it will go back to the beginning of the sentence or copy whatever was previously typed. This also affects anything i try to buy or anything i put into the inn over 5 digits worth.

I first had this issue when my account got hacked and i couldn't enter the 6th digit on OTP. I've ran a malware scan and antivirus scan with no threats found.

I have no issues typing in any other programs other then steamko and usko.

Thanks!
    To think a ~15 year old game would have a bug I have never heard of. I recall some server disabling your keyboard for some reason, but that was most likely an anti-cheat measure that only required a restart to fix it. Eye4Eye's suggestion might work surprisingly. It could also have something to do with the type of keyboard/letter setup you're using, for example is you're using letters that are not commonly used.

Banned Member

I'm on a laptop and have reinstalled ko twice now.

Make a support ticket for it.

It's a long shot but maybe they can advise something worth while.

Banned Member

I've googled and youtubed the issue I'm having and nothing comes up. I believe it is something to do with my computer.

Going to wipe it and start over.

Thanks for the input everyone.