Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What'll happen to older servers when the new one launches?

This is a discussion on What'll happen to older servers when the new one launches? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well guys, I think I am not the only one thinking like this. This new server will be the most ...
Page: 1

Uzu

Well guys, I think I am not the only one thinking like this.
    This new server will be the most populated server in the history of KO because 90% of the english community is waiting for it and even around 70-90% of the turkish community does this, too. It might launch with 5-9 sub servers at least, this server is going to be really funny to play on - no doubt.

But what will happen to the people, who are afraid of a new start and don't want to go to the new server?
    What are we going to do?
    I know for a fact that my server Akara will be emptied out, do you think a server merge might happen? damn, this one is going to be very difficult for me.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

hey bumskopp ^_^
    i hope they merge them...
    and i dont want a fuckin new server aq

kibal

This new server will be the most populated server in the history of KO because 90% of the english community is waiting for it and even around 70-90% of the turkish community does this, too[/b]
    And this information comes from? .....the new server ll be like the rest ...prolly worst cose : rental items + koxp = lvl 80 in 20 days.Btwn thought that english comunity were happy with their non turks server so dont understand why they should move to a server where turks can log.

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

the only question for merging remains is...
    just an example,
    you got an 80 warrior on C-west
    and you got an 80 warrior on akara

if these 2 servers merge then you will end up with 1 character? having to sacrifice a char where you worked on so long?

i think that's a major issue even bigger then the market.

just an example,

if these 2 servers merge then you will end up with 1 character? having to sacrifice a char where you worked on so long?

i think that's a major issue even bigger then the market.[/b]
    who's talking about merge servers? :blink:

the new server its only for those ppl who make money of this game, pretty sure you know who im talking about...
    the english community is happy with cwest =)

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

who's talking about merge servers? :blink:
    the new server its only for those ppl who make money of this game, pretty sure you know who im talking about...
    the english community is happy with cwest =)[/b]
    sames talked about merging ^^

Edminztrator

nah new server for nothing , all people will be lvl 83 - 80 in almost 2 week's pk will sux.. dont forget many cheaters clans from all servers goin too etc . . . + priests tblers and people with not enought item for kill them , so nvm new server ftl :P
    there are many more reasons like chineses farmers + turks farmers will farm nonstop things like bifrost , dungs .. slots exp will be 101% full koxp , fll ks . . . if someone want go for be a loser like in theyr oldest server GL .

_JB_

carnac was facking terrible the first few months, people were having the hardest time getting lvl 20 because of all the cheats going on in moradon...not to mention the attraction to gold farmers

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

It might launch with 5-9 sub servers at least[/b]
    I lol'd :lol:

But what will happen to the people, who are afraid of a new start and don't want to go to the new server?
    What are we going to do?[/b]
    How does that make sense? If I'm playing in Ares, how can I be afraid of a new start if I'm not going to the new server?
    People need to simply find their "home" in this game. So many players tend to move from server to server due to being unstable in the server they're already in for months. People want that hype. Players want to be the best, being jealous of those who are better than them is natural, especially when losing to them in a versus for example. A new server gives these players the thought -- "Man, if I go new server with my friends.. I will fucking own and have Isiloon, Felankor, CSW, be one of the best geared players and have a huge step closer to having dragon symbol, oh my god I can't wait". Stuff like that hypes people, it's what makes a new server, a new server. This hype makes what people call a "baba shopper". Like it or not, it's the sad truth and I personally know because I was once the same.

...Then you have the players who have shit for gear, but are having even more fun than these new server players because they actually have a nice clan who cares for them whom he/she loves playing along with. Look at the clans in the older servers who have lasted for years now, have any of those members gone to new servers? Nope. Maybe one or two, those people who didn't baba shop enough to kill the people with +10 items who are arrogant and only give a fuck about themselves. I have seen so many new server clans go to shit because their leaders were people just like this. Stolen their own clan drops to gear themselves to the max. Once they are done, they go and sell their items to the ko4life public for thousands of dollars as if they've done nothing wrong. How is that supposed to be fun? I don't see it.

As for the whole new server experience, if your thinking of the whole leveling process and the whole gearing up to the max first or getting the best NP symbols compared to everyone else in your clan/friends.. It's not the same anymore. Rentals, 5 million sharers on every account, k0xp still exists widely... Sadly, I know people who are going to this new server to k0xp to level 80 just so they can sell it to corrupt players for thousands of dollars, naked. Then people get jealous that this lvl 80 came out of nowhere, name changed, with the most perfect items, is that what you guys call competition? Oh, let's go to the new server and invest 3 grand into 1 character, share it with 3 or 4 people and end up realizing that it's just not worth it anymore. It used to be, but it just isn't anymore..

Just the thought of this conversation makes me want to bug the hell out on these "unstable players, seeking a new so-called 'home'". Bah, my opinion is a bit on the negative side atm I do admit =/

just an example,

i think that's a major issue even bigger then the market.[/b]
    i think what ppl mean by merging, is that basically the 2 populations get added together, not replaced or halfed or w/e... So all akara people + all carnac west ppl = new server population.

tguedes

I lol'd :lol:
    How does that make sense? If I'm playing in Ares, how can I be afraid of a new start if I'm not going to the new server?
    People need to simply find their "home" in this game. So many players tend to move from server to server due to being unstable in the server they're already in for months. People want that hype. Players want to be the best, being jealous of those who are better than them is natural, especially when losing to them in a versus for example. A new server gives these players the thought -- "Man, if I go new server with my friends.. I will fucking own and have Isiloon, Felankor, CSW, be one of the best geared players and have a huge step closer to having dragon symbol, oh my god I can't wait". Stuff like that hypes people, it's what makes a new server, a new server. This hype makes what people call a "baba shopper". Like it or not, it's the sad truth and I personally know because I was once the same.

...Then you have the players who have shit for gear, but are having even more fun than these new server players because they actually have a nice clan who cares for them whom he/she loves playing along with. Look at the clans in the older servers who have lasted for years now, have any of those members gone to new servers? Nope. Maybe one or two, those people who didn't baba shop enough to kill the people with +10 items who are arrogant and only give a fuck about themselves. I have seen so many new server clans go to shit because their leaders were people just like this. Stolen their own clan drops to gear themselves to the max. Once they are done, they go and sell their items to the ko4life public for thousands of dollars as if they've done nothing wrong. How is that supposed to be fun? I don't see it.

As for the whole new server experience, if your thinking of the whole leveling process and the whole gearing up to the max first or getting the best NP symbols compared to everyone else in your clan/friends.. It's not the same anymore. Rentals, 5 million sharers on every account, k0xp still exists widely... Sadly, I know people who are going to this new server to k0xp to level 80 just so they can sell it to corrupt players for thousands of dollars, naked. Then people get jealous that this lvl 80 came out of nowhere, name changed, with the most perfect items, is that what you guys call competition? Oh, let's go to the new server and invest 3 grand into 1 character, share it with 3 or 4 people and end up realizing that it's just not worth it anymore. It used to be, but it just isn't anymore..

Just the thought of this conversation makes me want to bug the hell out on these "unstable players, seeking a new so-called 'home'". Bah, my opinion is a bit on the negative side atm I do admit =/[/b]
    danny has a point. he's been in ares since day 1. currently the account i share on has been in pathos since day 1 and he has prob the best geared account in pathos simply because hes been there since the beginning and everyone knows him and respects him. i get so many pms frmo people asking if i want to pk because they know they'll get nps if i come. its all about finding a server that you feel comfortable in and make good friends in that server and then ko will turn into a fun expierence and you wont pay attention to the hackers cause of the friends you make and you want to keep them.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

Well guys, I think I am not the only one thinking like this.
    This new server will be the most populated server in the history of KO because 90% of the english community is waiting for it and even around 70-90% of the turkish community does this, too. It might launch with 5-9 sub servers at least, this server is going to be really funny to play on - no doubt.

What are we going to do?
    I know for a fact that my server Akara will be emptied out, do you think a server merge might happen? damn, this one is going to be very difficult for me.[/b]

danny has a point. he's been in ares since day 1. currently the account i share on has been in pathos since day 1 and he has prob the best geared account in pathos simply because hes been there since the beginning and everyone knows him and respects him. i get so many pms frmo people asking if i want to pk because they know they'll get nps if i come. its all about finding a server that you feel comfortable in and make good friends in that server and then ko will turn into a fun expierence and you wont pay attention to the hackers cause of the friends you make and you want to keep them.[/b]
    yup i agree with that...ihope all ppl stay on pathos.....
    <<<<<<<<<<<
    +++++++++++

tguedes

yup i agree with that...ihope all ppl stay on pathos.....
    <<<<<<<<<<<
    +++++++++++
    [/b]

do you know who im talking about?>

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I lol&#39;d :lol:
    How does that make sense? If I&#39;m playing in Ares, how can I be afraid of a new start if I&#39;m not going to the new server?
    People need to simply find their "home" in this game. So many players tend to move from server to server due to being unstable in the server they&#39;re already in for months. People want that hype. Players want to be the best, being jealous of those who are better than them is natural, especially when losing to them in a versus for example. A new server gives these players the thought -- "Man, if I go new server with my friends.. I will fucking own and have Isiloon, Felankor, CSW, be one of the best geared players and have a huge step closer to having dragon symbol, oh my god I can&#39;t wait". Stuff like that hypes people, it&#39;s what makes a new server, a new server. This hype makes what people call a "baba shopper". Like it or not, it&#39;s the sad truth and I personally know because I was once the same.

...Then you have the players who have shit for gear, but are having even more fun than these new server players because they actually have a nice clan who cares for them whom he/she loves playing along with. Look at the clans in the older servers who have lasted for years now, have any of those members gone to new servers? Nope. Maybe one or two, those people who didn&#39;t baba shop enough to kill the people with +10 items who are arrogant and only give a fuck about themselves. I have seen so many new server clans go to shit because their leaders were people just like this. Stolen their own clan drops to gear themselves to the max. Once they are done, they go and sell their items to the ko4life public for thousands of dollars as if they&#39;ve done nothing wrong. How is that supposed to be fun? I don&#39;t see it.

As for the whole new server experience, if your thinking of the whole leveling process and the whole gearing up to the max first or getting the best NP symbols compared to everyone else in your clan/friends.. It&#39;s not the same anymore. Rentals, 5 million sharers on every account, k0xp still exists widely... Sadly, I know people who are going to this new server to k0xp to level 80 just so they can sell it to corrupt players for thousands of dollars, naked. Then people get jealous that this lvl 80 came out of nowhere, name changed, with the most perfect items, is that what you guys call competition? Oh, let&#39;s go to the new server and invest 3 grand into 1 character, share it with 3 or 4 people and end up realizing that it&#39;s just not worth it anymore. It used to be, but it just isn&#39;t anymore..

Just the thought of this conversation makes me want to bug the hell out on these "unstable players, seeking a new so-called &#39;home&#39;". Bah, my opinion is a bit on the negative side atm I do admit =/[/b]
    I totally agree with this, it&#39;s not the same as before... but such as myself, I try to imagine it being like the old times, and are hoping for a legit competition on the new server

Richie

New servers are made up of 5 types of people...
    1) Hack victims
    2) Server hoppers
    3) New players
    4) people who have a server but like the occasional break
    5) Cheaters.

Older servers have no threat, simply because there is already an establish loyal player base.
    70+ players will never see any difference in reduction of players. If a 70+ player "quits" to go to a new server, i could safely say 95% of them will return back to their 70+ char.

On a side note, why does K2 always release a server when Hacks are rampant?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast