Elemental Damage and Elemental Resistance

This is a discussion on Elemental Damage and Elemental Resistance within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was wondering about this. If you have more ice resistance, for example, will you take in less ice elemental ...
Page: 1

BillClinton

I was wondering about this. If you have more ice resistance, for example, will you take in less ice elemental damage from your opponent's weapon?

I was wondering about this. If you have more ice resistance, for example, will you take in less ice elemental damage from your opponent's weapon?[/b]
    yep.

with a hb, you'll hit less on a person with 1000 ac and 250 FR, compared to 1000 ac and 0 fr...

BillClinton

So how much less elemental damage will I deal with 90 elemental damage to a person with 90 elemental resistance compared to a person with 30 elemental resistance, for example?

Does anyone know the forumula?

Banned Senior Member

yep.

with a hb, you'll hit less on a person with 1000 ac and 250 FR, compared to 1000 ac and 0 fr...[/b]
    Thanks. This was something I was not sure about
    This means that a chitin bow for example with poison resist reduces damage from daggers :P

Yea, once i was testing in arena fresh mind buff it give like 15-20 lower dmg poison attack (daggers, bow etc.)

Thanks. This was something I was not sure about
    This means that a chitin bow for example with poison resist reduces damage from daggers :P[/b]
    im not sure about the poison tho xD some people say fresh mind helps against daggers/spears, but i never noticed any big difference when i was a buffer :P

BillClinton

So does 50 fire resistance, for example, cancel out 50 fire damage, or is there a different forumula?

im not sure about the poison tho xD some people say fresh mind helps against daggers/spears, but i never noticed any big difference when i was a buffer :P[/b]

I think the damage is to small to really test, but it probually does.

angelsdream

ya and does the curse resist affect the debuf rate ? I mean more curse resist = chance to not be affected by the debuf ?

ya and does the curse resist affect the debuf rate ? I mean more curse resist = chance to not be affected by the debuf ?[/b]

Ya it doesnt matter how much CR you have, you will still get debuffed.

zabjaka

ya and does the curse resist affect the debuf rate ? I mean more curse resist = chance to not be affected by the debuf ?[/b]
    curse refraction only lol

The king. Senior Member

no

BillClinton

Screw curese resist and back on topic

Does 40 fire resistance, for example, cancel out 40 fire damage, or is it different?

-

sexyrexy

i think it works in a %.. not quite sure how but it would seem to me 80 fr would take off a % of damage and not actually 80 dmg itself

cause think of VR its nova does what normally 3.5 or so?
    but people with lots of fr get hit for like 2.8k