Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cash Wipe.. Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Cash Wipe.. Yes or No? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Phemt wipe dupers not hard earned money :angry: A smart duper has 5-or more characters filled with ...
Page: 2

Nattefrost

Originally posted by Phemt
    wipe dupers not hard earned money :angry:
    A smart duper has 5-or more characters filled with cash and maybe money... erase all that money and fix the dupe method and server is clean.... even when you erase all cash now that would cripple a duper, cause he cannot buy anything worth dupig...

We are all legit ppl here... but IMO, desperate times call for desperate measures

Lawless

everything hurts the legit player....why do you think those of us who are fully legit are so sensitive to this. Getting owned by unskilled and fully unworthy cheats, not being able to gear out your toon just to compete? sound familiar?

iwanttopk

THAT WOULD BE THE STUPIDEST IDEA EVER. THINK ABOUT THE DUPERS BEFORE YOU SAY THAT, THE DUPERS ARE JUST GOING TO DUPE MONEY RIGHT AFTER THE MONEY WIPE IF THERE WAS ONE....

yanfoo

no!!!
    Any idea how long it took to gather all thoses my gbs...
    Not my fault tho, nobody sells RocS/diamond rings and IronNeck, i keep on storing more & more.

The_Good_Doctor__

Originally posted by Nattefrost+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nattefrost)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Phemt
    A smart duper has 5-or more characters filled with cash and maybe money... erase all that money and fix the dupe method and server is clean.... even when you erase all cash now that would cripple a duper, cause he cannot buy anything worth dupig...

We are all legit ppl here... but IMO, desperate times call for desperate measures[/b]

It's easy to scrape up a million, to buy a coin with, and to begin duping those, so on and so forth.

Look at it this way, normal people make money along these lines........

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

For dupers

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 258 512.

Duping hasn't stopped, it's just not as easy on the updated game, and with their code, it will never completely go away.
    When the game is dupe/cheat proof, then you can talk about leveling all players, but the first isn't going to happen, so stop talking about "what if's" that aren't possible.

SaltyTaco

On Edana I hope they do something, and I really hope a LOT of people get banned for this shit.

If K2 had any fucking brains they would add a filter to their database that checked the ammount of coins on every character at every time they logout of the game, and flagged every huge gain of coins with a timestamp and the ammount of coins they gained. If you see the same character flagged with 2 huge gains within a short time its pretty obvious that you should investigate the character.

But K2 is fucking dumber than they jerry's kid at your local McDonalds that they lot mop the floors and clean toilets.

Nattefrost

Originally posted by Lawless
    everything hurts the legit player....why do you think those of us who are fully legit are so sensitive to this. *Getting owned by unskilled and fully unworthy cheats, not being able to gear out your toon just to compete? sound familiar?
    Im just raising a question and want to know the opinion of others.

I would fully support this if its 100% confirmed that dupe methods are fixed.. but not if the dupers continue to dupe, then its pointless.
    Suppose the do fix all dupe methods forever.. and the server has billions of coins perhaps trillions , shit will still sell for 30gbs..

Skip

Guess who will recover first? The cheaters. No.

Doc

Wipe FTW

Lawless

Well also true, a lot of ingame cash in circulation is automatic inflation.....but doing a cash wipe again only cripples legit players, dupers will simply dupe more cash the min or so after wipe, where as legit players will take months to recover same amount, if they can recover at all. Not with the bar being so high on the older servers now

Radashen

no money wipe pls....i finally got money to buy stuff ;p

wipe coins will be so stupid..think about u killed a bach and get a rol,sold it thenn..servers closed for emergency and your money wiped.. =/

btw,they must do smth about new server,as ppl duped on other servers they did dupe on edana too i think..rofl think about a warrior or a rogue with full shell set +8 on Edana..pwning server :PThey can rollback edana to 1323 patch day. just an idea

Mental_Anguish

The fact of the matter is, if they chose to look through the code and actually trace this shit, before it gets around a million times, they could stop the dupers in their tracks. But K2 doesn't do that, they wait until its out of control, and then put the hooks to the rest of us. The dupers continue duping, and we pay for it again later. I would like to keep my cash thanks.

:OnSlaught:

Explain to me how wiping cash would help? Look at edena, that server started out with 0 cash and now it has billions and billions on it from duped buses and gems being sold to NPC. Fix the duping problem, then wipe cash. Until then, fuck it and let it go to shit. Wipeing would only effect legit people, dupers would just make it back in a few hours.

OsirisG

Originally posted by Nattefrost+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nattefrost)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Phemt

We are all legit ppl here... but IMO, desperate times call for desperate measures[/b]
    Yeah , how about IP banning dupers for a change instead of wiping the 600m that i managed to save in over 12 months ?

Desperate measures should eb taken at the extent of cheaters not legit players , i am tired of k2 's baning chars insted of IPs or IP blocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast