Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cash Wipe.. Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Cash Wipe.. Yes or No? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by :OnSlaught: Explain to me how wiping cash would help? Look at edena, that server started out with ...
Page: 3

Originally posted by :OnSlaught:
    Explain to me how wiping cash would help? Look at edena, that server started out with 0 cash and now it has billions and billions on it from duped buses and gems being sold to NPC. Fix the duping problem, then wipe cash. Until then, fuck it and let it go to shit. Wipeing would only effect legit people, dupers would just make it back in a few hours.
    Yep, it's a terrible idea but don't forget K2 will actually end up doing this regardless of what people think, just like they did months ago over and over and they pretended it wasn't intentional and that it won't happen again.

The best was the coin "restore" ^^. People lost 4b+ got 120 million back.

GG

Clerice

Originally posted by :OnSlaught:
    Explain to me how wiping cash would help? Look at edena, that server started out with 0 cash and now it has billions and billions on it from duped buses and gems being sold to NPC. Fix the duping problem, then wipe cash. Until then, fuck it and let it go to shit. Wipeing would only effect legit people, dupers would just make it back in a few hours.

That was Nattefrost's exact point. If duping is 100% fixed, only then would coin wipe be effective.

Skip

Originally posted by Adis+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adis)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-:OnSlaught:
    Yep, it's a terrible idea but don't forget K2 will actually end up doing this regardless of what people think, just like they did months ago over and over and they pretended it wasn't intentional and that it won't happen again.

The best was the coin "restore" ^^. People lost 4b+ got 120 million back.

GG[/b]
    Fix the goddamn icon on my back.

OsirisG

Originally posted by Clerice+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clerice)</div>

That was Nattefrost's exact point. If duping is 100% fixed, only then would coin wipe be effective.[/b]
    6 months after the last "when duping is fixed would you like a coin wipe?" disscussion k2 has stil failed misserablly to fix duping ,so basically this entire discussion goes on and on for over 1 year now and the point we still need to resovle is "fix duping" then we can talk about wiping anyhting . actually if k2 could ever 100% certainlly fix duping and they could assure us that the new patches wont bring back duping i would agreee to a full server wipe , but i think it's going to be long till we get there . -_-

Radashen

<--gets rdy to quit if my coins are gone

Clerice

Originally posted by OsirisG+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OsirisG)</div>
    Originally posted by Clerice@

That was Nattefrost's exact point. If duping is 100% fixed, only then would coin wipe be effective.
    6 months after the last "when duping is fixed would you like a coin wipe?" disscussion k2 has stil failed misserablly to fix duping ,so basically this entire discussion goes on and on for over 1 year now and the point we still need to resovle is "fix duping" then we can talk about wiping anyhting . actually if k2 could ever 100% certainlly fix duping and they could assure us that the new patches wont bring back duping i would agreee to a full server wipe , but i think it's going to be long till we get there . -_-[/b]
    I agree with that too, duping will never stop because people will always find other ways to dupe no matter what. However, i was just clarifying what Nattefrost was trying to say.

they shoulda just did this
    wipe all money (brand new economy)
    or reduce money by like 1/10th of what ppl have (so economy is nicer for farming)
    and delete all stackable items that may be duped (rice cakes, BUS, BES, etc)
    also do a dupe wipe

OsirisG

Originally posted by Aory
    they shoulda just did this
    wipe all money (brand new economy)
    or reduce money by like 1/10th of what ppl have (so economy is nicer for farming)
    and delete all stackable items that may be duped (rice cakes, BUS, BES, etc)
    also do a dupe wipe
    Delete Stackable Items=Good
    Dupe Wipe=Good
    Money =10% of what u have , acceptable

SO yeah this ideea is way better then just raping legit players , but first disable the fucking /save command in the new patch . :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123