Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Catching Cheaters

This is a discussion on Catching Cheaters within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; lol let them cheat in chaos im still top 3 every time u enter, if u cant beat a chaos ...
Page: 2

lol let them cheat in chaos im still top 3 every time u enter, if u cant beat a chaos cheater than ur combo just sucks.... i mean kill blades and that instant death skill are WAY more annoying ^^
    about the hacker spots, GRELLS, its one of the worst places in usko regarding hackers

Grells and Apes best hacker slots to check O and also hais/trons/blades

Don't forget to check golems for IB collectors

in usko, gms normally only banned cheaters in moradon.
    i remember chatting with aleenia every day and we became some sort of closer friends (over the internet ofc ). anyways, once we chatted, i tried to check eslant for bosses in the meantime. however, eslant was FILLED with cheaters at troll warriors, troll captains, paramuns and i told her to tp to me and ban them. so she tped to me, saw them k0xping but then said: im sorry but i cant ban them, my program doesnt report them as k0xping.
    i know they are k0xping but i really cant ban them.

now my question in regards to EUKO, will GMs here still ban people if they OBVIOUSLY k0xp although your program doesnt show them as k0xping?

with obvious i mean, not answering to pms, staying in 1 spot as group, mostly all archers but also some k0xping warriors/priest/mages...and most of all not moving at all

Made a lil how to spot a cheater guide for ya, hope it helps;

Make sure all gm's have 2 accounts. One they visit the servers openly with and talk to people, and a second anonymous non-gm account that they do NOT reveal the name of, and do NOT talk to people on. Most koxp programs have a gm checker, meaning if a gm is on and coming near, it automatically disconnects them. The gm checker works off of the gm's name, so if the gm is on an anonymous unknown gm account, the gm checker won't work. (also forgot about packet checking, edited to say 2nd non-gm account)

A common way to notice cheaters and goldfarmers is by their names. Since cheaters usually make several accounts at once, they rarely use unique names, and usually make names like IlllIlIl, or akddhiuhffc. Thats the 1st clue to spot them. You can also almost always find gold site spammers in moradon merchant area, these in my opinion are the most annoying hackers of all, they should be a main priority to keep out.

There is also a speed hack around lately that allows characters to move as fast as a gm. Really easy to spot. Wall hacking is also common with any koxp, anyone running through walls is most likely hacking.

CLASSES

Rogues -
    The most common class cheaters use, typical signs of rogues cheating;
    -shooting without using arrows
    -running and shooting arrows, someone legally running and shooting will have a minuscule pause while they are running and shooting. Someone illegally running and shooting will not stop at all while attacking
    -using skills such as wolf/safety/evade regularly while sitting in towns
    -parties all standing on the same spot attacking together, these parties also are usually afk
    -looting boxes from far distances, this can be spotted if the 2x coins notice appears above them without them going to the box
    -spamming counterstrike or powershot (hopefully those skills are server side in EUKO, if so they cannot be abused)

Mages -
    Second most abused class, typical signs of mages cheating;
    -Running and attacking with spells, every mage skill except the lvl 42 and lvl 72 staff attacks (which are not ranged attacks, they are melee attacks) have a cast time.
    -parties of mages playing follow the leader, all the mages will follow the exact path of the leader and attack in unison.
    -100% slow/stun rates when using spells

Priests -
    Becoming more and more abused as hacks evolve, typical signs of priests cheating;
    -Running and healing, heal skills have a cast time and if the priest moves it cancels the skill, hacks allow priests to run and heal
    -Extended attack range, some hacks increase the attack range by 5-10x normal range
    -auto buffing/duffing

Warriors -
    Not commonly used for hacking, but there are some, typical signs of a warrior hacking;
    -Extended attack range, same thing as with priests
    -100% scream/legcut success
    -using sprint regularly while standing in towns and not moving

COMMON AREAS/MOBS
    Most common mobs that are koxped
    -ape
    -grell
    -hobgoblin
    -uruk hai/blade/tron
    -hellhound
    -golems (stone/giant)
    -skeleton (at raon/doda camp)
    -paramum
    -apostle
    -apostle of piercing cold (in ronark land)
    -cardinal
    -goblin bouncers

Most common areas that are koxped
    -bifrost
    -krowaz land
    -cursed bosses in ronark land
    -chaos stone in all pvp zones

Hope this will help you, if I think of more, I will edit it in, good luck with EUKO
    Last edited by snipes12123; 10-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12123 View Post

Make sure all gm's have 2 accounts. One they visit the servers openly with and talk to people, and a second anonymous gm account that they do NOT reveal the name of, and do NOT talk to people on. Most koxp programs have a gm checker, meaning if a gm is on and coming near, it automatically disconnects them. The gm checker works off of the gm's name, so if the gm is on an anonymous unknown gm account, the gm checker won't work......
    +1
    plus open section in forum "cheaters report" and players will report cheaters

Make sure all gm's have 2 accounts. One they visit the servers openly with and talk to people, and a second anonymous gm account that they do NOT reveal the name of, and do NOT talk to people on. Most koxp programs have a gm checker, meaning if a gm is on and coming near, it automatically disconnects them. The gm checker works off of the gm's name, so if the gm is on an anonymous unknown gm account, the gm checker won't work.

A common way to notice cheaters and goldfarmers is by their names. Since cheaters usually make several accounts at once, they rarely use unique names, and usually make names like IlllIlIl, or akddhiuhffc. Thats the 1st clue to spot them. You can also almost always find gold site spammers in moradon merchant area, these in my opinion are the most annoying hackers of all, they should be a main priority to keep out.

There is also a speed hack around lately that allows characters to move as fast as a gm. Really easy to spot. Wall hacking is also common with any koxp, anyone running through walls is most likely hacking.

CLASSES

Rogues -
    -running and shooting arrows, someone legally running and shooting will have a minuscule pause while they are running and shooting. Someone illegally running and shooting will not stop at all while attacking
    -parties all standing on the same spot attacking together, these parties also are usually afk
    -looting boxes from far distances, this can be spotted if the 2x coins notice appears above them without them going to the box
    -spamming counterstrike or powershot (hopefully those skills are server side in EUKO, if so they cannot be abused)

Mages -
    -Running and attacking with spells, every mage skill except the lvl 42 and lvl 72 staff attacks (which are not ranged attacks, they are melee attacks) have a cast time.
    -parties of mages playing follow the leader, all the mages will follow the exact path of the leader and attack in unison.

Priests -
    Becoming more and more abused as hacks evolve, typical signs of priests cheating;
    -Running and healing, heal skills have a cast time and if the priest moves it cancels the skill, hacks allow priests to run and heal
    -Extended attack range, some hacks increase the attack range by 5-10x normal range
    -auto buffing/duffing

Warriors -
    Not commonly used for hacking, but there are some, typical signs of a warrior hacking;

COMMON AREAS/MOBS
    -ape
    -grell
    -hobgoblin
    -uruk hai/blade/tron
    -hellhound
    -golems (stone/giant)
    -paramum
    -apostle
    -cardinal
    -goblin bouncers

-bifrost
    -krowaz land

Hope this will help you, if I think of more, I will edit it in, good luck with EUKO
    somethings are true you are saying and some are not running and stopping on a rogue archer is not always a hacker also some guys like me use zand archery skill to save mana or to kill certain easy to kill mobs also some people with weird names are sometimes little kids I have a 3 year old who likes to play around in ko and a nephew whos like 7 thats the same way THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH GOOD WRITE UP JUST NEEDS A LIL MORE TWEAKS XD

Cheating rogues will show the wolf animation even when they are out of wolf (e.g. when they are standing in town afk, and just wolfing over and over). I don't think that is possible without cheats.

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

Make sure all gm's have 2 accounts. One they visit the servers openly with and talk to people, and a second anonymous gm account that they do NOT reveal the name of, and do NOT talk to people on. Most koxp programs have a gm checker, meaning if a gm is on and coming near, it automatically disconnects them. The gm checker works off of the gm's name, so if the gm is on an anonymous unknown gm account, the gm checker won't work.
    You are on it but not quite there yet ^^

The gm checks works like this, if a character enter your visual area ingame, GM or someone else, specific information gets available for your client (not gonna go in too much detail just a brief explonation). If it is a GM character that enters the area, all of that information is not available and you can just send a DC packet and tada u got a simple GM checker.

So, if ur gonna have the ultimate GM setup, you need:

1 x Known GM - For support ingame
    1 x Unknown GM - For banning people on range that can't dc cause they don't know ur name.
    1 x Normal Char - To check spots for cheaters

Banned Member

i wanna know wich spot those(gb farmers) always get there gbs how come they get so many gbs in such a short time

CLASSES

Rogues -

Mages -

Priests -
    -auto buffing/duffing

Warriors -

COMMON AREAS/MOBS
    -ape
    -grell
    -hobgoblin
    -uruk hai/blade/tron
    -hellhound
    -golems (stone/giant)
    -paramum
    -apostle
    -cardinal
    -goblin bouncers

-bifrost
    -krowaz land

also i think you all forget to aim one thing = macro keyboards... dunno how much ppls use it but i know some uses it. dunno if its helpfuel or how they use it but i gues its also way of cheating...

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baruska View Post
    also i think you all forget to aim one thing = macro keyboards... dunno how much ppls use it but i know some uses it. dunno if its helpfuel or how they use it but i gues its also way of cheating...
    You are right, it is a way of cheating. However, macro keyboards/mices can never be detected, thus it's impossible to know if someone use it or not.

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

Quote Originally Posted by sexyswed View Post
    You are on it but not quite there yet ^^

The gm checks works like this, if a character enter your visual area ingame, GM or someone else, specific information gets available for your client (not gonna go in too much detail just a brief explonation). If it is a GM character that enters the area, all of that information is not available and you can just send a DC packet and tada u got a simple GM checker.
    Actually you do get the full data of the GM char, and it has a special flag set that allows the GM to become invisible and use purple chat. Hacks can check for that flag even if the GM name is unknown and, if sophisticated, save the character name for later in case that GM character comes back but not in GM mode or for out-of-sight checking.

I just love the fact that GM's actually makes an effort trying to prevent hackers/cheaters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker4Life View Post
    I just love the fact that GM's actually makes an effort trying to prevent hackers/cheaters in the game.
    indeed .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast