Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warden

This is a discussion on Warden within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Instead of relying completly on gm's to ban people why not put efforts towards a warden system. Simply scans your ...
Page: 1

SOJ

Instead of relying completly on gm's to ban people why not put efforts towards a warden system.

Simply scans your account as it logs in and extracts files to see if any 3rd party prog are running then effectivly bans for it.

Most other games have one, wouldnt be hard to put one into effect. It could be updated every so often to keep the game clean.

Thoughts?

Instead of relying completly on gm's to ban people why not put efforts towards a warden system.

Simply scans your account as it logs in and extracts files to see if any 3rd party prog are running then effectivly bans for it.
    Most other games have one, wouldnt be hard to put one into effect. It could be updated every so often to keep the game clean.

Thoughts?[/b]

it would cost money for k2 to implement such a system, and probably hire more staff.

Use more money = less profit = less whores = "no ty" from k2

xanarchistx

It's been tried before, it ends up conflicting with normal files from MSN and other linked programs, and banning unreasonably.

Banned Senior Member

Warden is used by Blizzard, not sure if any other company has access to it

wraith86

Warden is used by Blizzard, not sure if any other company has access to it[/b]
    blizzard should offer K2 to use the warden system at the cost of all of K2s profit since K2 doesnt deserve any profit what so ever. if K2 declined the offer of making their game clean and fun for the players that have paid so much and deserve it than blizzard should offer KO members a free 3 month WOW trial account or something along those lines and eventually bankrupt K2. sorry im a dreamer

SOJ

blizzard should offer K2 to use the warden system at the cost of all of K2s profit since K2 doesnt deserve any profit what so ever. if K2 declined the offer of making their game clean and fun for the players that have paid so much and deserve it than blizzard should offer KO members a free 3 month WOW trial account or something along those lines and eventually bankrupt K2. sorry im a dreamer[/b]
    All online games have issues

Its the fact that everyone bitches about them and expects the result right away. Things take time... if you can update and get a few extra gm's hired ect... then be our guest.

Be patient and let things fall into place. It doesnt happen over night :P

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=230531

xtrap does the same thing k2 doesn't have the balls to auto ban people

sexyrexy

werent they going to use punkbuster for a while i believe that hardware bans

while it is possible to get rid a hardware ban its atleast more time consuming for the dam cheating noob to fix to get back ingame

Its the fact that everyone bitches about them and expects the result right away. Things take time... if you can update and get a few extra gm's hired ect... then be our guest.

Be patient and let things fall into place. It doesnt happen over night :P[/b]
    It hasnt been over night its been maybe 3 years? Im sorry but you really sound like an idiot defending a company that makes an assload of money and could care less about you. Maybe you havent been k2'd yet, dont worry your time will come. I remember my first k2'd it was maybe 5 months after I made my acc, and my friend just got his k2'd last week when they triple charged platinum and didnt refund .

Xtrap detects all 3rd Party Tools and programs. K2 Just doesn't check the little box where it says " Ban on connect " Reason why? K2 Used to use Punkbuster as an anti-cheat to their game and it banned all of their little turk koxpers on connect. So they couldn't have that now could they? So they switched to XTrash

SOJ

It hasnt been over night its been maybe 3 years? Im sorry but you really sound like an idiot defending a company that makes an assload of money and could care less about you. Maybe you havent been k2'd yet, dont worry your time will come. I remember my first k2'd it was maybe 5 months after I made my acc, and my friend just got his k2'd last week when they triple charged platinum and didnt refund .[/b]
    Nah im just not impatient and learn to deal with shit. If you hate this game os much, why do you still play it?

Hacks and programs used by hackers change over time.

There is always a new hack or prog out that k2 doesnt know about. It will just take time to get things worked out.

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

Be patient and let things fall into place. It doesnt happen over night :P[/b]
    i have played ko for 5 yrs and recently switched to WoW.. you couldnt get me to go back to ko unless u told me they were running a warden system or one similiar to WoW never once seen a hacker on here.. saying things dont change over night is BS. ive waited 5 years for something good to happen here and although its the best pvp system i have ever played. it doesnt compete with the hackers.

Ko is a great game if they could work their shit out and not look solely on gettin a profit. there is a reason why everyone in Rdream speed hacks. G1 doesnt ban them because if they are in server they r spending money for prem and banning them means losing money. G1 looks after itself and not the ppl that play its games

Banned

they would just find a way to bypass it xD

Problem #1
    What if they're running MSN and it detects it as 3rd party? or lets say AIM, or IE, or Anti-Virus. Then you get banned for msn

Problem #2
    Some people edit the game files, that can't really be detected by anti-hacking software as far as i'm aware.

Problem #3
    This system would cause A LOT of lagging

well theres been koxp for 3+ years zzzz they never going to fix it quit the topics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast