Switching hosting

This is a discussion on Switching hosting within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; We are moving the forums to our final host. Our current hosting moved us to a temporary abuse server til ...
Page: 1

Default Switching hosting

We are moving the forums to our final host. Our current hosting moved us to a temporary abuse server til we figure out how to reduce CPU usage. Well, that can't be done cause its simply a traffic issue. I can mess arround phpBB code to optimize SQL queries but still that won't reduce that much the CPU usage of crapy Celeron boxes with 1000 sites on them.

Amount of ppl hitting this site has increased and at certain hours, load is considerable, consuming more resources. No patch can help with that so we have to move.

Hopefully this will be the last move and from there I can readd our previous styles and modifications. Forums will be down for some hours and DNS refresh can take arround 24 hours.

king arthur

gj :lol:

Banned

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

forums are back up...this mean its switched now? :blink:

userbin

slm

Yes, forums are back up on new hosting. Hope this will the last change. I took a bit longer than expected cause mysql import was extremely slow. Had to cancel that and use a different way to upload the DB.

Anyway, big thanks to Tezz again for all the help and support. I just hope this site doesnt crash this server too

I'll start adding the styles and hacks in few days.

PS: ppl who still see the "board disabled" message, need to "ipconfig /flushdns" or just wait til their DNS updates and gets our new IP.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Devile
    Yes, forums are back up on new hosting. Hope this will the last change. I took a bit longer than expected cause mysql import was extremely slow. Had to cancel that and use a different way to upload the DB.

Anyway, big thanks to Tezz again for all the help and support. I just hope this site doesnt crash this server too

PS: ppl who still see the "board disabled" message, need to "ipconfig /flushdns" or just wait til their DNS updates and gets our new IP.
    Good advice, except to those people who see the board disabled message can't see this post, so what good is this? :unsure:

I know but ppl who see this might help friends who can't get in. Anyway, its just a matter of time til they all see the new IP.

Banned

Originally posted by Devile

why everyone spell my name with 2 z's.....is tez.... :P

kk it wont crasah this time and wont be shut down ...not on this server

sexyface

thx devile...
    for everthing that u've done for us since the begining..

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by tez/aja+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tez/aja)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile

kk it wont crasah this time and wont be shut down ...not on this server[/b]
    Well one of your characters is named Tezz

Banned

Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div>
    Originally posted by tez/aja@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile

kk it wont crasah this time and wont be shut down ...not on this server
    Well one of your characters is named Tezz[/b]
    i know baba cause tez was taken at the time of name change should have made it says "t3z" i wasnt thinking so on the fly i added the extra z

i dont mind i was playing around anyway

FiRe

sorry