Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ko4Life server status page

This is a discussion on ko4Life server status page within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If he needs the ip's for the login servers and leefs I can supply them....
Page: 1

Dr4g0n

If he needs the ip's for the login servers and leefs I can supply them.

Aba

Why did you make another post :|

and yes pm them to him or post them here and he'll see them. Awesome of you

Aba

wtf O_o why was that topic closed

Can you please go outside and play in traffic?

The reason is not working is cause I dont have time to fix it. Right now I'm working on making this site run smooth. After that I'll get that page fixed.

ty, been needing this. btw chemical your period was supposed to end yesterday -.-

something wrong with it, ares1 is up right now, site says its down

maybe its cuz theres so much lag in a1?

so much lag on all ares servers, Tuesday maintenance screwed over ares.

Ayman4u

my friends loged in but i can't and the page says all servers down and its true for me but others can log in

Sh11t

Its not working. It says Ares is down but it is not ..

The only way we can tell if the servers are up/down is to make a query on the TCP port the game server works. If it doesnt answer fast enough and the response time is higher than our timeout (we wait 2 secs for an answer), then it will show up as down. The higher the timeout, the less often we can update the page since its 2 secs x server ... u do the math.

Now, it updates ALL the servers every 60 seconds. Is not like everytime u go to that page u will see real time information. Worst case scenario is that 60 seconds ago, it was up or at least the TCP port where the game server runs was answering.

Also, if u see a server Online in this page, doesnt necesary mean that u can connect and play. It just shows u that the game started and the port is answering. If for example, the database is down, it wont matter cause u wont be able to play anyway.

A status page like this, based only on port monitoring will never be 100% accurate but thats the best u can get, unless K2 decides to code their own with realtime info based on service status and not port status.

Hope this helps u understand how this works so next time u dont post another "is not working" post.

SLeePMoDe

The only way we can tell if the servers are up/down is to make a query on the TCP port the game server works. If it doesnt answer fast enough and the response time is higher than our timeout (we wait 2 secs for an answer), then it will show up as down. The higher the timeout, the less often we can update the page since its 2 secs x server ... u do the math.

Now, it updates ALL the servers every 60 seconds. Is not like everytime u go to that page u will see real time information. Worst case scenario is that 60 seconds ago, it was up or at least the TCP port where the game server runs was answering.

Also, if u see a server Online in this page, doesnt necesary mean that u can connect and play. It just shows u that the game started and the port is answering. If for example, the database is down, it wont matter cause u wont be able to play anyway.

A status page like this, based only on port monitoring will never be 100% accurate but thats the best u can get, unless K2 decides to code their own with realtime info based on service status and not port status.

Hope this helps u understand how this works so next time u dont post another "is not working" post.[/b]
    i dont understand i just click links

Cool, ill add a "insert your credit card" box in that page then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast