Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Cheating? not cheating?

This is a discussion on Cheating? not cheating? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Felix if they wanted us to have auto loot it would have been poorly coded in the ...
Page: 6

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Felix
    if they wanted us to have auto loot it would have been poorly coded in the game.
    ROFL Felix

Trii

in my opinion it aint cheating. u still get the drop. its your party's/ own. like come on who doesnt check the box...

mgames should include autoloot, its fuking annoying to click 2-3 times a box so it finally opens and u see coins only

i wont worry at all for a guy using auttoloot in the game
    i care much more for those shower haxors and those annoying warriors hitting trolls from far away while sitingt down... thats shit! :angry:

SillyHo

it is cheating period...the "few seconds ingame" you receive are now multiplied by the endless amount of MOBS you kill and the time then becomes significant. Also you are recieveing "3 glaves an hour" more than my party if we do not use your program so by my math you owe me half of them...i expect 569 glaves to be delivered by next tuesday :P

lvl50rogue

Originally posted by Trii
    in my opinion it aint cheating. u still get the drop. its your party's/ own. like come on who doesnt check the box...
    Me, the one damb mage always in my party. I still dont understand how people let programs "play" the game yet its not consider a cheat.

Lawless

I never liked the looting system in ko anyway, you lose alot of drops to bugged boxes, waste alot of time,and overall annoying. I dont condone any third party tools, but still dont see why Mgames cannot simply implement an automatic looting system in liu of the current one.

someguy

making autoloot ingame will also piss ppl off who dont want crap in inventory. and while in party some ppl will get piss off getting junk while other get good item.

you are arguing about 2 different things. Should autoloot be in KO? yes but it isnt. The problem is that autoloots are relatively hard to develop compared to standard speedhacks and macro's, so usually if someone has autoloot they will also have many other cheats in the same program. For this reason i think playing with autoloot is wrong. If we start saying "only using autoloot is OK" then the main place to get it will be in the commonly distributed hack programs that we all know. I dont think its too smart to encourage people to autoloot.

Auto loot is illegal. End of story. It's a third party program, therefore making it against the ToS you agreed to follow when you registered your account. Now, would auto loot be a great feature? Yes, if it was, as Felix said, "poorly coded in the game" to start with. Unfortunetely, it's not and probably won't ever be, so either stick to looting normally like everyone else or go reskill to archer and go the distance. You can't "half cheat", it doesn't work like that. The phrase, "go big or go home" fits as well.

xxAzraelxx

It's cheating. How far OVER THE LINE between cheating and not cheating is irrelevant if you are indeed over the line. The line is not vague. Don't cheat Don't bypass the software used to detect unauthorized third party software; and don't use unauthorized third party software. One could even argue that using Ventrilo is a kind of cheat, since since it frees the player from having to type all communications to teammates and decreases the need to intuit what your party members are doing, going to do, etc. However, K2 has authorized Ventrilo to be used with K.O. Go figure.

lvl50rogue

vent is a communication tool, if its a cheat, well playing in a cafe.net is considered cheat as well right?

Originally posted by lvl50rogue
    vent is a communication tool, if its a cheat, well playing in a cafe.net is considered cheat as well right?
    Does vent alter gameplay? All it does is make you and your party more coordinated while pking or entertain you while xping. Doesn't alter gameplay whatsoever.

lvl50rogue

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-lvl50rogue
    Does vent alter gameplay? All it does is make you and your party more coordinated while pking or entertain you while xping. Doesn't alter gameplay whatsoever.[/b]
    /sarcasm

Judging by your name, wasn't sure, so I figured I'd take a break from flaming and be nice for once.

OLD1953

Well, apart from the other issues, any of these "add on" programs increase the data flow to the server, which is another way of saying it makes all the players near you lag. This is very well known.

So excuse me, but it does affect the rest of us.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast