Check your Java for 0-day exploit. (easy way to get your account hacked)

This is a discussion on Check your Java for 0-day exploit. (easy way to get your account hacked) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So lately you all have seen that many accounts are being hacked like mine was. Yesterday i was hacked in ...
Page: 1

Default Check your Java for 0-day exploit. (easy way to get your account hacked)

So lately you all have seen that many accounts are being hacked like mine was. Yesterday i was hacked in another game and today they announced the java problem and how it can be the reason of hacked accounts. (The first link has free and simply security check that are you vulnerable to the latest 0-day exploit (Are you vulnerable to the latest 0-day exploit: under the java check box. check this text). Remember that this is not the only reason why ppl are getting hacked, but it is the most simplest explanation since there is no proof of database leak even that we have tryed to find it.Those hackers can implant keylogger type of viruses and collect data from pc's if you have this hole in security.

Next text is from Runes Of Magic forum:

Dear RoMmunity,

Lately we noticed an increase in illegitimate access attempts on game accounts. Should you experience anything strange, please contact our Support immediately. While we were not able to verify this with 100% certainty as to the reason, the issue seems to be connected to a recently verified security vulnerability with Java.

We would therefore like to notify you about this security vulnerability within some versions of the Java Application, and there are several websites using said vulnerability to gather your data.

If you would like to check if you have Java installed and are vulnerable, please visit this link:
    Zscaler Cloud Security : SaaS Web Security, Web Security, URL Filtering, Internet Security

There you can also find a link with instructions on how to deactivate the application:
    http://research.zscaler.com/2012/08/...ava-0-day.html

The most recent Java-Update unfortunately did not fix this issue:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...t-java-update/

I deleted the last part since it says just "contact cs etc."

thanks, good security tip

also, if your main browser is firefox or chrome, you will probably need to check the java on IE as that is what KO seems to be using when you access the powerup store.

I heard rumours about fucked up java as well, that's why I haven't had it lately and haven't got hacked in any games.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

I'd better uninstall that java b/s as it seems practically useless just making your pc slower, or now as we hear even vulnerable.

question is is it needed to run ko? if not im getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I'd better uninstall that java b/s as it seems practically useless just making your pc slower, or now as we hear even vulnerable.

question is is it needed to run ko? if not im getting rid of it
    You need Java to run certain websites / scripts and other things. You don't need Java to run KO but you may need it for the PUS not sure. I'd keep it just make sure its updated