Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clock Changes affecting war times?

This is a discussion on Clock Changes affecting war times? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was online this morning and the BDW was supposed to start but it didnt. People told me clocks changed ...
Page: 1

SonOfaGun

I was online this morning and the BDW was supposed to start but it didnt. People told me clocks changed in Europe and i confirmed that by looking the times up for DST. The thing is... Europe is the only place that times are changing today NOT the U.S. where K2 Network is based. It's probably cause all the Turks are in Europe and K2 doesnt want any "inconveniences." I was just wondering if the times for wars are gonna be an hour later or an hour earlier than the "regular" times.

btw i live in the U.S. and our times change on Nov 4th so everything will prob b back to normal by then.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

k2 changed the time already

Banned

wtf? Day light savings hasn't happened yet

why does k2 always change their schedule for everyone else?

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

yes it has happened, just not for usa cos ur fags

OLD1953

K2 may be hosting USKO, but they are hosting it for Turks. That's it in a nutshell, like it or not.

And yes, border war started an hour late, and all wars will be an hour later, and that will be that until the clocks switch in the US.

K2 Corp does not give a ripe shit about US players or what matters to them. They are there for the Turks. Events are timed for the benefit of Turks, if you go in during morning hours when the US is at work, you will find many coin events and XP events and GM and boss events that DO NOT RUN DURING US PLAYING TIME.

Deal with it.

Accept it and play the game as a second class citizen, or leave.

It's your choice.

(PS: I happen to be expert at servers and security etc., and the upsetting part of this is that if K2 is properly patching their servers (and by proper I mean no more than six months behind) the servers would have set themselves to US time automatically. Since they went to Europe/Asian time, they had to either set their servers to be on European time like GMT 0 or they had to manually reset them to keep them on European time. The patches for the new DST change dates in the US were released MONTHS ago for every OS out there, including the free ones. K2 purposely made a decision to inconvienence US players to benefit the Turks and others, despite being a US company based in the US and ostensibly for the purpose of being the US English KO server host.)

wawh

K2 may be hosting USKO, but they are hosting it for Turks. That's it in a nutshell, like it or not.

And yes, border war started an hour late, and all wars will be an hour later, and that will be that until the clocks switch in the US.

K2 Corp does not give a ripe shit about US players or what matters to them. They are there for the Turks. Events are timed for the benefit of Turks, if you go in during morning hours when the US is at work, you will find many coin events and XP events and GM and boss events that DO NOT RUN DURING US PLAYING TIME.

Deal with it.

Accept it and play the game as a second class citizen, or leave.

It's your choice.[/b]
    since most of their income is from european countries and turkey its only common sense they do it like this

OLD1953

since most of their income is from european countries and turkey its only common sense they do it like this[/b]
    No, it is not common sense. Common sense would dictate that the company would try to build up and keep the US players, as they speak English, the language the game uses, that they would try to promote the local users rather than the remote users, and so forth, for reasons that have been beaten to death here over and over again.

They are a non Turkish company promoting a game for Turks. How stable or common sense is that? The winds of international tension have already caused a lot of anti US sentiment in Turkey. There is little doubt that more tension is coming. The pro US faction in Turkey is down in the teens according to polls, that HAS to bleed over into "I ain't playing no damn US based game in English".

Personally, I think K2 intends to take the money and run. Or hopefully sell out to some bigger company before they fall flat on their stupid faces.

No, it is not common sense. Common sense would dictate that the company would try to build up and keep the US players, as they speak English, the language the game uses, that they would try to promote the local users rather than the remote users, and so forth, for reasons that have been beaten to death here over and over again.

They are a non Turkish company promoting a game for Turks. How stable or common sense is that? The winds of international tension have already caused a lot of anti US sentiment in Turkey. There is little doubt that more tension is coming. The pro US faction in Turkey is down in the teens according to polls, that HAS to bleed over into "I ain't playing no damn US based game in English".

Personally, I think K2 intends to take the money and run. Or hopefully sell out to some bigger company before they fall flat on their stupid faces.[/b]
    I have to agree with this. K2 is basically neglecting the US population base more, which might increase the number of foreign players.. but if they wanted to use a market based in foreign countries, then why formulate it IN the USA IN English? Oh well

IllusionS

common sense is for them to make a turkish build of the game and then host TURKISH servers from TURKEY so they dont lag/dc all the time.

Banned

common sense is for them to make a turkish build of the game and then host TURKISH servers from TURKEY so they dont lag/dc all the time.[/b]
    and then USKO would die while TRKO would keep going

IllusionS

no, USKO could then merge servers to the standard ares/diez/xig combo and we'd all live happily ever after?

yes it has happened, just not for usa cos ur fags[/b]

wow.

Ainelover

what><?

and then USKO would die while TRKO would keep going[/b]
    why do they care? theyd make more or the same amount of money. But, hey its not like the server maintenance times are pretty much exactly the times that most people in school/work would play right? wait...

denzil

times changed in canada today to so its not just europe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast