Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread

This is a discussion on Closed Thread within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Adi If I was in a position of making decisions here, I can assure you, flaming wouldn't ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    If I was in a position of making decisions here, I can assure you, flaming wouldn't happen, or at least wouldn't go as far as it does nowadays.
    You would actually have a normal forum with actual discussions that would help other users. (k4l yr. 2006~2010/2009)

But we're not talking here about me, in SteamKO I must take actions when it comes to an inappropriate language or false accusations.
    I have to actually moderate the content that you see there, there are rules that I have to follow.

KO4Life was created from first place to allow users to communicate, have discussions regarding game activities, patches etc.
    G4L now have two purposes because no one is ever taking action: 1. Market place, 2. Flame wars

I don't start flame wars, I don't use the market place, only thing I am here for really is to keep an eye on actual discussions that might require an answer from an experienced player.
    There are such topics here and there, true, but not exactly common.

Let's put it this way, if the staff actually did something about the situation in here, we would see a lot more users here.
    Drama keeps the forums alive, like it or not. I personally just skip all the drama, but I have to admit the forums have been very lively lately.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    but I have to admit the forums have been very lively lately.
    We had drama before steamko was released as well, but the forums weren't as active, correct me if I'm wrong. Many players & users here started playing again once SteamKO was officialy announced / released.
    This forum didn't suddenly become more attractive because of the "fascinating" discussions we have here if that's what you're implying.

We had drama before steamko was released as well, but the forums weren't as active, correct me if I'm wrong. Many players & users here started playing again once SteamKO was officialy announced / released.
    This forum didn't suddenly become more attractive because of the "fascinating" discussions we have here if that's what you're implying.
    Nah the SteamKO definitely is the reason the forums are more active, but it's a fact that drama is the key point why people browse these forums. It's one of those things everybody hates but subconsciously love. People like to ask mods to take care of drama and keep the forums in check, but it's completely unnecessary.

I strongly disagree about your statement about the forums being better 2009-2010, at least in regards of drama. 2009-2010 the forums were amazing due to multiple clans causing drama between each other and members lashing out at each other constantly. I still think my favorite KO4Life memory was a super long flame war between camaz0tz and tHeUnBeAtAbLe. The drama these days is absolutely NOTHING compared to the drama back then.

If I was in a position of making decisions here, I can assure you, flaming wouldn't happen, or at least wouldn't go as far as it does nowadays.
    no, the Forum would be empty lol
    Bathory likes this.

I don't start flame wars, I don't use the market place, only thing I am here for really is to keep an eye on actual discussions that might require an answer from an experienced player.
    There are such topics here and there, true, but not exactly common.

Let's put it this way, if the staff actually did something about the situation in here, we would see a lot more users here.
    LOL. The only people you may be trying to fool are the new people to this forum. You and your clan have started so many flame wars and personal attacks on these forums and in game. You are not here to "keep an eye on actual discussions that might require an answer". You jump all over people you don't like when it has nothing to do with you, you like every post that is against people you don't like (passive aggressive behavior) and you love to criticize Razor every chance you get.

On another note: Kallop is right, the flame wars back in the first years on these forums were really good and much more interesting.
    NuclearWinter and andrewo350 like this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Simple , this is the only ENGLISH website for USD trading, is it not? You really think people come here to just talk about the game? people who are on here that dont use it for the market section were using this BEFORE steamko came out. People who came AFTER Steamko came out are almost certainly here for USD trades.

Why would they come here for just talking about the game and waste their time registering when steam has group pages for them to talk to eachother?

USD, ITEMS, GBS.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Nah the SteamKO definitely is the reason the forums are more active, but it's a fact that drama is the key point why people browse these forums. It's one of those things everybody hates but subconsciously love. People like to ask mods to take care of drama and keep the forums in check, but it's completely unnecessary.

I strongly disagree about your statement about the forums being better 2009-2010, at least in regards of drama. 2009-2010 the forums were amazing due to multiple clans causing drama between each other and members lashing out at each other constantly. I still think my favorite KO4Life memory was a super long flame war between camaz0tz and tHeUnBeAtAbLe. The drama these days is absolutely NOTHING compared to the drama back then.
    You misunderstood what I was trying to say, I meant that the staff kept the situation on forums quiet when it came to flame wars between 2006~2009/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    LOL. The only people you may be trying to fool are the new people to this forum. You and your clan have started so many flame wars and personal attacks on these forums and in game. You are not here to "keep an eye on actual discussions that might require an answer". You jump all over people you don't like when it has nothing to do with you, you like every post that is against people you don't like (passive aggressive behavior) and you love to criticize Razor every chance you get.

On another note: Kallop is right, the flame wars back in the first years on these forums were really good and much more interesting.
    Please, post 1, just 1 topic I created against someone personally during the last two years.
    If you find one I'll be truly surprised.

I never said I like every user here, did I? I said I don't bother starting flame wars, if someone (recently, razor) is trying to start one, I might reply.
    As for personal attacks, I don't remember me posting personal information of someone else, I always thought that it's low and unnecessary.

You talk about me criticizing razor, trust me if I wanted to hit him hard I have more than enough cases of corruption he was involved in at my disposal, I didn't post it did I?
    On the other hand, what you said about me "liking" every post against users I don't like is exactly what razor does and not only that, he's usually adding more fuel to the fire.
    Hell, just recently he created the flame topic SkyHunter mentioned above.

You yourself, aren't any better, for the past 4? years both you and your husband. All you do is take any chance you get to continuously like posts & post against me.
    I don't know if you would've mentioned personal information if you could but I know that only reason you're doing it is because you two used to play in Carnac West and most of the time played solo. Now a clan, an entire clan, ruining your game experience is probably far from being entertaining.

So don't pretend to be an angel, you're not any better.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Simple , this is the only ENGLISH website for USD trading, is it not? You really think people come here to just talk about the game? people who are on here that dont use it for the market section were using this BEFORE steamko came out. People who came AFTER Steamko came out are almost certainly here for USD trades.

Why would they come here for just talking about the game and waste their time registering when steam has group pages for them to talk to eachother?

USD, ITEMS, GBS.
    True, as for users talking about game.. as I said during 2004~2009/10 there were many users who used these forums for this reason.
    Users that were active around that time can confirm this. I'm not making this up.
    Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying we didn't have a single flame war then and everyone were friends of each other, I'm saying the staff wouldn't allow it didn't escalate more than it should.
    Of course, almost everyone used it for market place and I never said having market place here was a bad idea, I said it could be a lot better than a forum used just for selling/buying purposes.

I can see you're registered for 1year now, was it the first time you registered to k4l? or you had another account in the past?

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

You misunderstood what I was trying to say, I meant that the staff kept the situation on forums quiet when it came to flame wars between 2006~2009/10.

Please, post 1, just 1 topic I created against someone personally during the last two years.
    If you find one I'll be truly surprised.

I never said I like every user here, did I? I said I don't bother starting flame wars, if someone (recently, razor) is trying to start one, I might reply.
    As for personal attacks, I don't remember me posting personal information of someone else, I always thought that it's low and unnecessary.

You talk about me criticizing razor, trust me if I wanted to hit him hard I have more than enough cases of corruption he was involved in at my disposal, I didn't post it did I?
    On the other hand, what you said about me "liking" every post against users I don't like is exactly what razor does and not only that, he's usually adding more fuel to the fire.
    Hell, just recently he created the flame topic SkyHunter mentioned above.

You yourself, aren't any better, for the past 4? years both you and your husband. All you do is take any chance you get to continuously like posts & post against me.
    I don't know if you would've mentioned personal information if you could but I know that only reason you're doing it is because you two used to play in Carnac West and most of the time played solo. Now a clan, an entire clan, ruining your game experience is probably far from being entertaining.

So don't pretend to be an angel, you're not any better.

True, as for users talking about game.. as I said during 2004~2009/10 there were many users who used these forums for this reason.
    Users that were active around that time can confirm this. I'm not making this up.
    Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying we didn't have a single flame war then and everyone were friends of each other, I'm saying the staff wouldn't allow it didn't escalate more than it should.
    Of course, almost everyone used it for market place and I never said having market place here was a bad idea, I said it could be a lot better than a forum used just for selling/buying purposes.

I can see you're registered for 1year now, was it the first time you registered to k4l? or you had another account in the past?
    Oh believe me i was around then, and there was just as much flaming. The forums died when cwest died. We both know its true. As that was the server the majority of players that used this played on. ( barring the guys who started before c-west came out of course. ) ( im not saying gordion is dead, im saying the english community is a shell of its former self, i.e same with this forum dying in parallel witht hat server dying )

Another account that I had a mod close because i got tired of arguing with certain people

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

GOD THAT FLAME WAR! i came back recently and jsut started going through all the old hall of shame threads lol.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12