The Combo...

This is a discussion on The Combo... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok, I have question about comboing… I watch PK videos all day while at work and I see when people ...
Page: 1

Killgannon

Default The Combo...

Ok, I have question about comboing… I watch PK videos all day while at work and I see when people are combing sometime the Spike ability will seem to be used but cool down almost instantly, does that mean that it’s not actually hitting or its hitting, being cancelled and be used again? I’m new to the game so I’m not really into the comboing yet… I mean I can run up to a mob and use all my skills hella fast but I still have to wait for the cooldown times… what’s the deal with this?

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

its not hitting, u just see the animation

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by TempesT
    its not hitting, u just see the animation
    yup...most cases means they pressed r too soon so it fails using the skill but still shows the animation

Cava

i used to do that while using sin combo, no problem with warrior/priest combo.

Killgannon

So how do they do these ultimate 20 hits per second stuff? I mean I can use all the skills rapidly but are they counting normal damage as well? Do good sins miss like that often? I mean if you cant immediatly skill after R then you cant really combo any faster then the game will allow you... how are some faster then others?

Thanks

Cava

Originally posted by Killgannon
    So how do they do these ultimate 20 hits per second stuff? I mean I can use all the skills rapidly but are they counting normal damage as well? Do good sins miss like that often? I mean if you cant immediatly skill after R then you cant really combo any faster then the game will allow you... how are some faster then others? *

Thanks
    i guess when they meant how "fast" u can combo they meant how well your timing is... is not relli spamming the button as fast as possible also if u can combo well thats the first step. u need to somehow be able to control your potting + combo well, thats the advanced point.

Killgannon

Sweet, well I have the combo down pat (It sounded SOOO hard, but in reality it's simple...) Well on to POT/HP management - I guess i'll practice vs some hard hitting mobs and wast some money... I'm only lvl 44 so I'm far off from PvP, I might try out a DLW for fun though who knows... thanks for your help man!

get spike first :P

dlw rogues dont have enough skills (for me, lvl 48 dlw assassin) once there all used u gotta sit and wait for another to cool down

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

only lvl 44.....u dont have combo down pat yet u dont even have a full bar of skills yet :P....giga try this combo for ur dlw(when i say r that means r+r to use then cancel ) skill, r, r, skill....with 2 r attacks between skills ur dlw char will rarely if ever have to wait for a cooldown

Killgannon

This is how I combo - Press Z to target mob - hit R to initiate attack - when I get there I use Thrust then hit R twice and use another skill and the R twice and another skill and R twice, so if I were to check the damage logs would it look like:

Using Thrust
    800 Damage
    Mob X received 300 damage - normal attack damage
    Using Skill
    500 Damage
    Using Skill
    450 Damage

I've tried to do it faster but then my skills wont work, so it's not actually possible to hit someone 8 times a second right? Also, I’m lvl 48 so there is still a gap in my combo where I have to wait for a skill to cool after using them all... I guess that’s a good thing as I'm waiting on the skills and they're not waiting on me. Any comments welcome!

A good combo is not exactly fast typing "skills>RR>skill", but perfect timing. U must not press skills too fast after RR, or else it will fail.

Theres a limits how fast u can use ur skills between R, u just have to reach the fastest without fails and then ur combo is perfect. For a start try do it slowly, and then faster and faster till ur skills begin to fail, that way u can learn to "feel" the time between skills.

The next step is healing urself AND combo, but first master ur combo/timing first =)

GL

Killgannon

Just trying to confirm I was doing it properly... good to know I am Yeah, I'll work on the healing part soon enough, but my MP isn’t high enough yet to utilize minor heal plus I don't even have spike yet I'll get back to you! Thanks for the help.

Killgannon

Ok, one last thing... Just to clarify about animation cancelling do you cancel the skil animation spike, etc so that your normal (R attack) hits or are you cancelling your normal R attack animation to use a skill?