Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Comment on Gold Farmers...

This is a discussion on Comment on Gold Farmers... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The last few weeks e1 has seen the massive numbers of Gold Farmers on. If you want to see just ...
Page: 1

The last few weeks e1 has seen the massive numbers of Gold Farmers on. If you want to see just how prevalent Gold Farming is in all MMO's just youtube gold farmers and watch the CNN News Stories, Gold Farming on WOW, etc. Today alone on our server there were at least 8-12 ROL's for sale on farming character merch not to mention the countless Ultima Necks, etc.

Originally these farmers were having a hard time farming KO Gold because there were no hacks that worked and whatever security K2 was using (xTrap etc) seemed to be keeping the macro to a min. No matter what anyone says, this is fact.

But now it's been weeks and weeks and they have not patched it and thus all of our markets are getting completely screwed with a glut of what are supposed to be "rare" items.

We all know this, but now to my current point. We go to BF almost every night US time and sometimes 2x a day. When orcs take BF we wait and go in when they allow humans in. When this happens we run through and search out the Gold Farmers (usually at Greed after they kill Ultima). A lot of the time we will just sit and play cat and mouse pwning the Gold Farmers and messing up their farming. However, the last couple of nights they have gotten tougher and tougher. We used to one hit them and they were dead, now they actually "fight" and go after us, many have IN IB's for sure. So, now as they are getting higher and higher level with better and better gear, soon they will not even need macro to kill their mobs. At this point they will also be able to fend off even the best clans (they are organized and have more people than one can easily get together at one time) and what I find to be the worst potential problem, when they do get to the highest levels/gear K2 will truly be unable to stop them. It's not like they are being caught now by xCrap but once they don't need macro, they will be impossible to differentiate between "legit" and "Farmer" on and objective view.

WTF is K2 doing or going to do about this...it's gone on too long. /rant

Supposedly the "security" patch ruined the farmers but it's blatantly obvious it's done fuck all. And trying not to sound racist or anything but the only way were going to get rid of 99% of them is to IP ban China, it's worked for other KO's, i don't understand why USKO implement a shitty patch that ruins the exactly opposite of who they were targeting.

Supposedly the "security" patch ruined the farmers but it's blatantly obvious it's done fuck all. And trying not to sound racist or anything but the only way were going to get rid of 99% of them is to IP ban China, it's worked for other KO's, i don't understand why USKO implement a shitty patch that ruins the exactly opposite of who they were targeting.[/b]

I know there has to be something done, but wouldn't using a proxy just get around the ip ban anyway? Same as many of the guys who play JPKO who aren't from Japan...

If you guys really want to get rid of them, stop buying gold from their services. It is a simple as that. You can also take it a step further and buy ingame items from people who you know are legit and not some random person named "akdafinesf2".

lil_mageskillz

Supposedly the "security" patch ruined the farmers but it's blatantly obvious it's done fuck all. And trying not to sound racist or anything but the only way were going to get rid of 99% of them is to IP ban China, it's worked for other KO's, i don't understand why USKO implement a shitty patch that ruins the exactly opposite of who they were targeting.[/b]
    I think china is ip banned but they find proxys to still play

sexy Owa

the ip block is just a step in making the gold farmers have more difficulty in making and maintaining their characters on a server. more action is going to be taken, a combination of these things will make their profits heavilly decline as with their numbers.

Banned

If you guys really want to get rid of them, stop buying gold from their services. It is a simple as that. You can also take it a step further and buy ingame items from people who you know are legit and not some random person named "akdafinesf2".[/b]

gold farmers = koxp
    ban every fucking account who buys gold = stop gold farmers

Banned

If you guys really want to get rid of them, stop buying gold from their services. It is a simple as that. You can also take it a step further and buy ingame items from people who you know are legit and not some random person named "akdafinesf2".[/b]

my ingame is akdafinesf2

Banned

my ingame is akdafinesf2 [/b]
    lol :lol:

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

I think china is ip banned but they find proxys to still play[/b]
    Why would K2 allow you to get a Chinese flag if China was IP banned?

its like 3-4 months and same ppl still killing felankor-isiloon ultima etc. in ronark , anything done by k2 ? no , even their GM's act like AFK when we pm them at bifrost time , as long as we pay for premium - cash etc. they will not fix any shit ever useless to talk here , rofl just another ultima killed by chinese koxpers few minutes ago in town =D

I agree with the IP banning and banning the accounts for sure, those are good ideas.

The "stop buying gold" is a problem but obviously not a solution since k2 cannot control it. Why don't u just tell everyone "Don't violate TOS" or "Don't cheat." That's unrealistic.

But as a co K2 needs solutions to the actual problems and to say "it's useless to talk about the problems" is defeatist, there are solutions and they should be discussed and continually discussed until they are resolved, much like many of the problems of the past like cz hack, dupe, exp bug, etc. those were all fixed so don't act like a jackass and say "nothing ever gets fixed ever, no one cares blah blah blah.." that's just retarded.

Why would K2 allow you to get a Chinese flag if China was IP banned?[/b]
    Good point.

I think that in the future, if the problems arent resolved soon, K2 will consider banning proxies & ips and the whole bit. Im sure they are tired of hearing a mouthful.
    I've no clue how Linus can even go to sleep every night, what a shitty job he has.

iiason

gm just have to be more active. ban more. simple.

Banned

gm just have to be more active. ban more. simple.[/b]
    im sure felix or any of the other ko4life mods "forum ko gm's" could jump in and give you some kinda relization on just how much time and effort that would take

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast