View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's a good idea

31 67.39%
  • I think it's a bad idea

8 17.39%
  • I don't know if it would work, but sounds good.

5 10.87%
  • Neutral

2 4.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Community Teamspeak server?

This is a discussion on Community Teamspeak server? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; to be honest renting a teamspeak server is like few euros a year so no need make clan admins to ...
Page: 2

to be honest renting a teamspeak server is like few euros a year so no need make clan admins to pay for a channel. I provide it for free, and at least at start we can begin with normal 100 slot server and if it start have more interest we do a sub-server and I do it for no cost

I'd just want to see people using the teamspeak rather than it staying empty as it has past these years.

No need to. I can provide a 500 slots TS server. I'll try to set it up this weekend. Modding and shit doesn't need to be "forum related". Active ppl there could be given mod rights so mods here dont have to be there as well to take care of stuff. I just need to find the damn license
    snipes, Kallop, Smooth and 3 others like this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    In theory you could do this by yourself without the need of this thread. Just post the address here and invite people to join and take care of the administration. Just by glancing this thread it kind of seemed like a request to call it a community team speak.

If done correctly, it would require massive amounts of attention from the moderators and Devile and I really don't see that happening. So I suggest you try do this on your own instead. Ask money for clan rooms and give channel admin to clan leaders or something like that. It doesn't require any work from the K4L moderators if you people really want this thing to happen. In other words, if you really want it then make it happen.
    Well, wasn't planning on asking for mods here to be involved, although it could be nice and a lot easier to have more people in charge of things, especially ones I know that won't abuse their powers.

Yes, I could do it by myself but since I'm not just planning to see G4L users using this TS, I thought that'd be nice to get the first opinion here.
    Look at the Steam group we created, we have over 240 members there atm and all of them can speak English, we can both assume over half of them aren't actively using G4L which is a bit sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    No need to. I can provide a 500 slots TS server. I'll try to set it up this weekend. Modding and shit doesn't need to be "forum related". Active ppl there could be given mod rights so mods here dont have to be there as well to take care of stuff. I just need to find the damn license
    That'd be nice, keep us posted.

If it turns out that you can't do such a thing, I am sure I can get something sorted.

I'll get all the permissions/channels sorted tomorrow probably if I see that Devile can't provide a Teamspeak by the time Cypher (Steam's server name btw..) releases, I'll post the server infos so we can start having our community there. Using it.
    Will create clan sections (pk,farm etc.. as sub channels) as well, based on user's requests.

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

I am so EXCITED.

btw y'all need to promote this forum in-game so it doesn't feel like it's crowded with old men.

Not safe! think bigger, they could blow up the ts. Not everyone likes each other.

Hello Guys i would like to invite to the English clanines, to come into Steam server, and play Ronark land base (69), specially for the people that don't have enough time to LVL, we are like 3 clanines of Spanish user that will come to RLB, te main idea is to populatee, Ronark land base and make fun, we usually play at (GMT-5) whole night. Hope see you guys on RLb greetings

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

PayPal varmy kanka? I'm willing to chip in a bit!

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

@Devile, any news? the release date of Cypher is near, should be released on 19:00 EST.. less than 48hours from now.
    I guess there are many clan leaders that might be interested in having their own channel for their clan before the release and not at the last moment.

how about we get some moderators that aren't bias and we know aren't bias(active ones of course).
    it isn't that hard weave out the bias people(since this forum has been up for a long time).

Banned Senior Member

I would gladly be a moderator on a community Teamspeak. If one is needed feel free to PM me. I'm usually online 24/7, however, I am not home 24/7 but I am a very active computer geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    @Devile, any news? the release date of Cypher is near, should be released on 19:00 EST.. less than 48hours from now.
    I guess there are many clan leaders that might be interested in having their own channel for their clan before the release and not at the last moment.
    Working on it. MySQL is not supported anymore. Checking how to make it work.

Update: its up. I'll post the details once I'm done with a few things.
    Update: My license is not working with the current version. Need to request a new one.
    Update: Working with 32 slots for now until I get the new license: ts.gamers4life.com
    Kallop, Jonko, DoomBringer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    The only issue would be how would you handle trolls that log into the teamspeak? People that intentionally go around and ruin the experience, spamming music etc? Would you require people to pay for moderator? Would you assign moderators yourself and deal with all that drama of "corrupt mods" etc?

You can't give the KO4Life mods power there either (or at least not certain ones) because of their own bias.

Funny, i only know one immature group who has been doing this. And i have played for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Funny, i only know one immature group who has been doing this. And i have played for quite some time.
    I've met a few. It usually happens when you have rivalry against another clan and they find out what TS server you're using. There was once a clan we destroyed PvP that started pming my clan members and calling them dogs after getting killed 10+ times in 8v8 and losing a couple 16v8. After some time they also found out the TS server we were using and "raided" our TS for about 3 seconds before they were IP banned.

As for the administration of the TS. I suggest we have a topic where clans can request for a room and that's that. Every clan leader or clan representative will have channel admin and they can take care of their own channels. The only reason why there possibly would have to be one or two active moderators would be when someone would join outside of those clan channels and misbehave in the other channels. But even then you can simply mute people so it wouldn't even matter. Literally the only thing that would require surveillance is the chat, which can also be disabled and online users hidden so that people cannot use the TS as a trading platform or harrass people through private messages.

The other option would be assigning moderators, but I kind of imagine it being a lot of work for anybody. There would also have to be rather strict rules about the TS to keep the moderators themselves in check. I kind of find it easier to just limit user activity quite a lot to minimize the negative effect the TS could possibly have.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Working on it. MySQL is not supported anymore. Checking how to make it work.

Update: its up. I'll post the details once I'm done with a few things.
    Update: My license is not working with the current version. Need to request a new one.
    Update: Working with 32 slots for now until I get the new license: ts.gamers4life.com
    B..bu..but 180ping :|

No much I can do about that. I believe it's located in Chicago, so whatever your routing is to get there, that's your latency. The license renewal could take a while. Already opened a ticket but they go manually on this. We just need to wait.

I could try to install an old server version but not sure if that's gonna work with the new client.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast