Comp. Help

This is a discussion on Comp. Help within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; for those computer geniuses out there i need some help for some reason randomly when i restarted my comp. and ...
Page: 1

420_69

for those computer geniuses out there i need some help

for some reason randomly when i restarted my comp. and tried bringing up the task manager (ctrl,alt,delete) it says "Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator" i find this very odd since it is my computer and i am the administrator and im sure i didnt disable it so any help greatley appreciated

wrong section :P

If u are the only user on this pc aka the admin you can remove your rights and give them back, I dunno how u can remove acsess to task manager but if you know how just go there and give yourself the acsess back.

420_69

haha ya i know wrong sect. was comin up but this is really puzzling me cuz idn how i disabled my access to task manager either i wasnt messign with controls earlier

urbanphoenix

i know its wrong section man but this prob is happening to alot of people. I get restarted but not the task manager thing i think u just gota see it out

Dr4g0n

Alot of times the problem is a virus. Alot of root kits from irc disable the task mgr from being started. Thus unable to kill the program. No, you cant tell you have been rooted untill after your pc has restarted. This is normaly done remotely, although some machines cant be restarted and will have to wait for the kit to take affect after the user restarts.
    There are many scanners out there that will detect "root kits" I suggest you find one and use it.

MillionVoices

login safe mode, and change user feautes i tihnk

420_69

oh ok do u know any virus scanners that would look for it?

would norton find it?