K2's XTRAP Sends SPYWARE upon loading *pics*

This is a discussion on K2's XTRAP Sends SPYWARE upon loading *pics* within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So i decide to fire up KO and check my account just to see if everything is still there. (I ...
Page: 1

shujinko21

So i decide to fire up KO and check my account just to see if everything is still there. (I havent logged in about 4 or 5 months) after xcrap starts loading I get this popup from my v-scanner

GG k2

Also for some reason when I try to log into my real forum account "Shujinko" im unable to log in, even after resetting the password. weird.

lol @ ur desktop
    anyway i use Kaspersky anti virus and i added KnightOnlune to trusted zone so it wont bother me every time i load KO

shujinko21

lol @ ur desktop
    anyway i use Kaspersky anti virus and i added KnightOnlune to trusted zone so it wont bother me every time i load KO[/b]
    thats not my desktop, its the screen after xtrap loads. I got this popup from my vscan while xtrap was downloading files.

Banned

I get it all the time the launcher has viruses, the xtrap has viruses, dunno why and what but I dont like it.. anyways i just setup my anti virus to ignore those errors from KO's folder

virus scanner detecting a trojan doesn't mean it's necessary a trojan...

virus scanner detecting a trojan doesn't mean it's necessary a trojan...[/b]
    Just mean your virus scanner is detecting false positives and the vendor needs to update their SW

Banned

already been topics on it and k2 themselves have explained it

OLD1953

It's pretty common for scanners (like xtrap) to be identified as viruses or trojans. Often, they use the same code. Fact is, there are only so many ways to scan for running processes and so forth, and virus writers have already used most of them.

If they compiled xtrap using obfuscation options, this probably wouldn't happen. But then it would be a little slower, and it's slow enough already.

Banned

k2 can do what they want to you...why do you fight it? THEY OWN YOU

they ram u in the ass every month....u dont complain about that but a little pic virus is what u make a post for :lol:

thats not my desktop, its the screen after xtrap loads. I got this popup from my vscan while xtrap was downloading files.[/b]
    he means on how oldschool it looks lol :lol: