Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Contest

This is a discussion on Contest within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I through my change at old ppl that walk the street at night and tell them they smell funny :lol: ...
Page: 3

XtheFox Senior Member microsmurf's Avatar

I through my change at old ppl that walk the street at night and tell them they smell funny :lol: it's like giving to a charity
    I win gyft item aga

ooo

back in highschool, i met this girl she was suicidal. after learning of how unfortunate she was, living with her sick mother who couldn't work at the time, she was working full time and going to school but then finally had to drop out of school just to make money and save up enough to help her mother have a surgery. During this time we became good friends, we talk alot, mostly on the phone at night after she gets off work. sometime we fell as sleep talking, sometime we talk until morning. Anways i didnt do much but gave her advice and emotional support during the hard times. She got through it after couple of months and became well again.. in the mean time she started to have feelings for me and i did too. we became more than just friends but things didnt work out too well after cuz of the amount of problems im getting. and at 17, that was too much.

thats pretty much one thing im proud of doing. It gives me a nice feeling inside when i do something nice for someone especially it can impact their life.

you have one life to live, most people dont know what is their purpose.

i dont celebrate thanksgiving.

im not From this Server, but it is a nice idea to see what ppl contest. GL all, by the way whos judging this?[/b]

I am judging this. This isn't a democracy, it's about who I think should get it based on the contest. How will I figure it out, I am not sure. Maybe someone will come up with an ingenious way to show what they do, again I am not exactly sure how. Much like anything humanitarian (like what I am hoping people here have done) the point of this is to show that there aren't just scammers in this world and on these forums.

The advancement of all great societies and this world has been on the backs of the decent. We all choose our paths. If you have the chance to be a scammer, do you sell urself for a couple of beans in a computer game or do you hold your integrity, pride, friendship and honor, doing the right thing. If everyone were to just scam and steal from eachother we would reverse instead of advance in evolution. When you are out in the world do you try to get "urs" or do you think of your fellow man? Greatness is in actions, unselfishness, kindness...those are the qualities that separate real men and women in the world. Nobody is perfect, people can change, and great actions deserve recognition but isn't necessarily needed/wanted.

To all you jokesters and wisecrackers, what will you be remembered for?

This is about those who follow the path that makes the world go round and I'd like to give this to a person like that.

FisherySociety

back in highschool, i met this girl she was suicidal. after learning of how unfortunate she was, living with her sick mother who couldn't work at the time, she was working full time and going to school but then finally had to drop out of school just to make money and save up enough to help her mother have a surgery. During this time we became good friends, we talk alot, mostly on the phone at night after she gets off work. sometime we fell as sleep talking, sometime we talk until morning. Anways i didnt do much but gave her advice and emotional support during the hard times. She got through it after couple of months and became well again.. in the mean time she started to have feelings for me and i did too. we became more than just friends but things didnt work out too well after cuz of the amount of problems im getting. and at 17, that was too much.

thats pretty much one thing im proud of doing. It gives me a nice feeling inside when i do something nice for someone especially it can impact their life.

you have one life to live, most people dont know what is their purpose.

i dont celebrate thanksgiving.[/b]
    Nice story, and I commend you for what you have done. possibly saved her life.

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

I am judging this. This isn't a democracy, it's about who I think should get it based on the contest. How will I figure it out, I am not sure. Maybe someone will come up with an ingenious way to show what they do, again I am not exactly sure how. Much like anything humanitarian (like what I am hoping people here have done) the point of this is to show that there aren't just scammers in this world and on these forums.

The advancement of all great societies and this world has been on the backs of the decent. We all choose our paths. If you have the chance to be a scammer, do you sell urself for a couple of beans in a computer game or do you hold your integrity, pride, friendship and honor, doing the right thing. If everyone were to just scam and steal from eachother we would reverse instead of advance in evolution. When you are out in the world do you try to get "urs" or do you think of your fellow man? Greatness is in actions, unselfishness, kindness...those are the qualities that separate real men and women in the world. Nobody is perfect, people can change, and great actions deserve recognition but isn't necessarily needed/wanted.

To all you jokesters and wisecrackers, what will you be remembered for?

This is about those who follow the path that makes the world go round and I'd like to give this to a person like that.[/b]
    +1 I understand you 110%. Heck I've been getting a bunch of donations which make me feel happy ever since I've been diagnosed with A.L.L. (cancer).

but we all know half the things people are saying is a lie so judge em carefully :P

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

I through my change at old ppl that walk the street at night and tell them they smell funny :lol: it's like giving to a charity
    I win gyft item aga[/b]
    isnt LBD ur freind, and u come in here and make a usless post and disrespect his topic..ur a joke

as for me, im in the enviromental club at me school :lol: every wednesday we go around the school and take out the recycleing from the garbage gather it all together and use the money to buy environmentally safe machinery for the school. i also volenteer at a soup kitchen on mondays and tuesdays.

i dont do much but imagine if every1 stepped their game up just a bit. Think about it. while ur here reading this forum there is som1 out there that needs hlp and you could be the one that helps them.

Im not posting this for the cypher ring, I dont need it but I hope some RL gg gets it.
    The father of one of my dear friends suddenly died because of a heart ''stop''. I supported mostly him in the most hardest time of his life, but even his mother cried in my arms a few times. I came there every day just to give keep their minds of it, or actually talk about it and try to make them feel just a little better. It was even hard for me, but I knew it was 10 times harder for them during christmas or new year. When I come there now. Even when it is 2 years ago. I still feel that they really appreciated it and that I helped them alot. It makes me feel so much better now that I really ment something to them, and that I know it. Almost makes me cry when I think back to their pain. His dad ment so much to them, he was at every football match they went to and did everything for them. Stop writing now, need a break.

Stronger

isnt LBD ur freind, and u come in here and make a usless post and disrespect his topic..ur a joke
    as for me, im in the enviromental club at me school :lol: every wednesday we go around the school and take out the recycleing from the garbage gather it all together and use the money to buy environmentally safe machinery for the school. i also volenteer at a soup kitchen on mondays and tuesdays.

i dont do much but imagine if every1 stepped their game up just a bit. Think about it. while ur here reading this forum there is som1 out there that needs hlp and you could be the one that helps them.[/b]
    Sorry for spamming this topic Rad, but i have to agree.. even in a post of this nature, you still get all the regular idiots who think that their posts are in some way funny.. well, to those of you who posted in here who had a genuine story, i commend you, and to those who refrained from posting a joke, or a sarcastic reply out of respect for this, I commend you too.

It's hard to say what impact your actions have on someone else's life, especially when you only know them for the moment and don't get to see what big changes a small act of kindness might work on their lives in the long-term.

So, out of all the results I know so far, the best thing I've done has been talking someone out of suicide. It was a fellow I knew from a group of bulletin board friends. She was prone to depression and apparently had some serious issues, although I didn't know her well enough to know the details. One day I got a "goodbye, you were the only person who was nice to me" email, and immediately logged onto chat.

She wasn't online, so I was alarmed. Then, after a few minutes, she logged on and said she had got his grandfather's shotgun and was going to do it. I know they say the ones who talk about it are the ones who don't end up doing it, but I think she was serious. I think she was a girl who had up and down moods, and when she was in the down moods she'd do anything. I think she'd just logged on hoping to find a reason to stick with life.

I didn't have anything clever to say. I mostly told him that God didn't hate her (she had some issues about that) and that his life was valuable. I think the most important thing was being there, showing some sympathy, and displaying a rather marked objection to his death. I tried not to emphasize my personal caring about him on account of not giving him mixed signals, which can be tricky with a emotionally unstable person of the opposite sex.

Anyway, he didn't kill himself. But then she did develop a bit of an obsession with me afterwards. Which was bad, and made me wonder if that was such a good thing after all. But now I think it was, because she got over it, and she's young, and she can learn from those mistakes and have a better future, which she couldn't if she was dead.

Maybe that's too ambivalent, but in general, what comes to mind are those times when I've just tossed out my schedule and given some precious hours to a friend with depression or cancer or any other deep need for cheer and company and human voices.

I sleep with low self esteem girls

PriestOfShadows

I sleep with low self esteem girls[/b]
    and they all committed suicide. , you lowered thier self-esteem considerably

I sleep with low self esteem girls[/b]
    I'm sure that's the only girls you get, if in fact you get any. Low self esteem in many people can be seen through lies, esp ones of bragging or joking when neither or funny nor worthwhile...

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

i push old people over in the streets[/b]
    i thought mine was funny

I'm sure that's the only girls you get, if in fact you get any. Low self esteem in many people can be seen through lies, esp ones of bragging or joking when neither or funny nor worthwhile...[/b]
    Really?

+1 I understand you 110%. Heck I've been getting a bunch of donations which make me feel happy ever since I've been diagnosed with A.L.L. (cancer).

but we all know half the things people are saying is a lie so judge em carefully :P[/b]
    thats sucks man, you going to need a bone marrow transplant?

even without the contest..this seems like a good topic to just post good deeds.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast