Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Control Minor heal

This is a discussion on Control Minor heal within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; all other class do one extra click and fag sin with their ctrl + minor get fucked.. i think its ...
Page: 4

all other class do one extra click and fag sin with their ctrl + minor get fucked..

i think its a fair deal? cry more noob

Originally posted by Devile
    I'm against of removing features to fix a bug. That's the most unefficient way of dealing with a problem. They closed Forgotten Temple cause they couldn't fix the bug. They removed the rental guy cause they couldn't stop duping. They removed /save to fix duping.

They keep removing features and more features in order to fix bugs. Control and right click been since I played beta on MYKO. Not that I care much about it since I dont really use it, but still, it was a feature and it's gone to fix a bug with minor heal. I can understand removing the feature for a short term so they stop the abuse, til they find a final fix, but not removing features completely like this.

Whats next? Closing CZ cause they can't fix fucking dead n00b guy and mages doing nova town all day long??? Remove Isiloon cause they can't stop ppl from bugging it?

It's plain stupid and unprofessional to fix something by just removing the whole feature. "Sorry, operating that brain tumor is too hard, we will have to remove your brain to fix u".
    what else can they do?? leave it as it is?

hey i firgure out a way to stop dupe... remove trade(brain) and the dupe tumor would be fixed -_-

Originally posted by Amano
    Only 1 thing: their job

I work with computers. If I deal with problems by just removing features from applications, I'll get fired in no time.

For example this forum. Let say signatures limit is not working and ppl are able to post huge signatures instead of a 255 character limit. What would u think if we say that the fix will be removing completely all signatures? Some wont care, some others will bitch about it. Bottom line is im doing that cause I'm lacking the knowledge and experience of checking the code and fixing the problem. Sure that can be acceptable for few cases, but what if that is the case very often?

What kind of admin is someone who butchers his own application to fix issues in a regular basis? Says a lot about your ability to run that service.

We are not talking about a single issue here, but a policy of constantly fixing problems by removing features. That's what I dont like. All those quickfixes that never end in a real fix.

morax

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Amano

I work with computers. If I deal with problems by just removing features from applications, I'll get fired in no time.

For example this forum. Let say signatures limit is not working and ppl are able to post huge signatures instead of a 255 character limit. What would u think if we say that the fix will be removing completely all signatures? Some wont care, some others will bitch about it. Bottom line is im doing that cause I'm lacking the knowledge and experience of checking the code and fixing the problem. Sure that can be acceptable for few cases, but what if that is the case very often?

What kind of admin is someone who butchers his own application to fix issues in a regular basis? Says a lot about your ability to run that service.

We are not talking about a single issue here, but a policy of constantly fixing problems by removing features. That's what I dont like. All those quickfixes that never end in a real fix.[/b]
    You just suck anyway devile :wub:

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Originally posted by 0000000
    to observers it appears to work only because everyone has such high AC that they can tank more with less healing than they need to on a regular server. Put this patch on ares for example and rogues will drop like flies. Cant wait.

@seby: u can spot the multi-slot rogues because they will just stop comboing to heal back up. Now they got rid of ctrlminor there is no real alternative without making comboing much harder to maintain.
    yay ares is saved O_o hehe i hate those rogues that when they get kinda low run away and minor heal like a bitch til they full health :/ then come back its annoying as hell :P

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Amano

We are not talking about a single issue here, but a policy of constantly fixing problems by removing features. That's what I dont like. All those quickfixes that never end in a real fix.[/b]
    I FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS h43r:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234