Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

CooLTanG - Hacked (failed), SillyHo - Hacked

This is a discussion on CooLTanG - Hacked (failed), SillyHo - Hacked within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I would go so far as to make a different email account for each function. 1 for some sort of ...
Page: 2

SillyHo

I would go so far as to make a different email account for each function. 1 for some sort of chat like MSN, 1 for gamersfirst, and 1 for KOL. Also make sure and do a thorough cleaning of all old mail. They tried to change the password on my PAYPAL account, but I had already changed the Email linked to it. This is how I got the IP address. Called paypal, explained I did not try and change the pass, and requested the IP from who did. Looks like there is a decent lead brewing from some of my turkish friends. Maybe this prick will be getting a visit to his home soon.

Background: This email was fine for well over 7 years. I scan my PC at least twice a month, and as much as once a week. I used AVG, Spybot, and Ad-Aware each time. I did not randomly surf the net, (only have a 40GB hard drive :P ), I have not played a private server in a long long time, and I did not add random names to my MSN. While I cant say I was the safest guy, since I was using hotmail after all, I imagine I was safer than 50% of the people out there. Please all take cooltangs advice and find a new email host, then take my advice and split them up.

Don't you get bored on playing at the same character over 4 years ?

ING

aww =S

aPon

Don't you get bored on playing at the same character over 4 years ?[/b]
    dont you get bored having to restart from scratch?

:P

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

that suks especially since guys have played for such a long time

Yeah, a lot of work in your/sillys char, lucky fully, you made it, silly however, was less fortunate.

Chalk up another one, Duo has had his email stolen and inturn probably his KO details.

Trust me people this is not a joke or something to be taken lightly, its a simple process to take your email, as simple as filling out a short form and giving a few contacts on your msn or possibly just make up some excuse on the form saying u moved to whatever country and lost your password and your secret password/alternate email. And bam they send an email to the hacker giving him a way to directly change your password. Once there he can change all details to what he likes.

changed my emails, think im safe...

bb 1m nps... BC looks so noob right now :P

they're not gunna be able to hack your email if they don't know what it is so its best to use an email that your not associating with any forum or messenger . Thats assuming ko doesn't have some hole that lets them know your address :/

gmail has always been the most secure i've known

emails like yahoo , hotmail , and aol have always been vulnerable to exploits . its more common tho that its someone who knows an employee at the company and will just have them access the email .

TheRealPimp

use Caramail

sad to hear

and thnks for the head up

TopCat

weird.. i thought hotmail wud have a good security system!!

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

weird.. i thought hotmail wud have a good security system!![/b]
    They have but the customer support is "too" good. Pretty much anyone who knows your name and address and some personal info about you can "hack" your email :unsure:

What if I only use my hotmail for KO?
    Using my gmail for messenger, and important e-mails.
    I only open my hotmail when I sign up for some some useless websites that need confirmation e-mails.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast