Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Could server mergers fix KO?

This is a discussion on Could server mergers fix KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I think K2 has some choices to make regarding KO in 09, there is wide spread cheating and bug abuse ...
Page: 1

draviste

I think K2 has some choices to make regarding KO in 09, there is wide spread cheating and bug abuse going on from cutbacks in expenses ie; non renewal of xtrap license no real gm precense on servers. A new low in population was achieved today 17,011 people logged in across all 31 servers today 12pm pst 10 pm eest (turkey time or prime time) down form 40k in November and down from 120k in 2006. I think its time for server mergers! Merge the existing 31 servers into 10 - 12, with 10 - 12 servers they would be able to reduce expenses boost gm prescence and possibly renew an anti cheat program again xtrap punk buster, they would gain player confidence and possibly turn the sinking ship around. If the numbers keep dropping this game will close its just a matter of that annoucement on the news section showing up one day.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

this could fix it, but USKO feels that more servers = more money ~~

Banned

i dont know about merging. But minorcooldown is definitely a reason for the loss of players

Just a question about your numbers, where did you get them from? And, is this at any given time, or total log-ins within the day/hour/etc? Because I dont think that the servers we had in 06 could have held 120k people

Banned

Merging servers could be a big help to regain activity in leveling and PK.

One problem I see with server merges. All the illegit items that will come into this game

Cypher being the one with the most +9/10 ever

On the + side least PK should be more active same for XP.

draviste

Just a question about your numbers, where did you get them from? And, is this at any given time, or total log-ins within the day/hour/etc? Because I dont think that the servers we had in 06 could have held 120k people[/b]
    Numbers are from KingofKnight.com and are just from the numbers online at any given time, 4 samples from november 40 - 42k each at between 12 pm pst and 1 pm pst and todays 17,011,( yes research will not hold up under scrunity but it is for represenitive purposes to show a trending down of numbers) the numbers from 2006 are an estimate and remember back in 06 they had 3 servers on each and the server cap was much higher than it is today.

Banned

OH SURE FAIR! Lets merge Ares players that have now been playing for 5 years with C-West players, which is a server that is not even a year old.

How fair

Ok lets say "Merge Akara with C-East/West"....HMMMM NO? Akara still had more time to get more nps so Akara clans would go to the top while "Big" C-West/East clans would fall apart..

No, definitly bad idea according to me.

Uzu

I remember the Producer said once to this question:

"Never!"

seems like that gay hasn't a choice now.

Banned

c-west can't be merged with any other server ^^

check crazy item list... like 5 items :P

c-east has like 20 lvl 83s and a bigger crazy item list :P

merging any server with anothere server will ruin the younger server. ares will pwn any server if merged. cwest will be pwnd by anyserver. by sheer number of + on armor and weapon and lvl of players

I remember the Producer said once to this question:
    "Never!"

seems like that gay hasn't a choice now.[/b]
    NO chance? Your on drugs, they dont have to do Anything and the money will keep coming in, get over it.

They dont care about the english speakers aka the minority.
    Time to leave the game or accept the situations.

Banned

OH SURE FAIR! Lets merge Ares players that have now been playing for 5 years with C-West players, which is a server that is not even a year old.

How fair

Ok lets say "Merge Akara with C-East/West"....HMMMM NO? Akara still had more time to get more nps so Akara clans would go to the top while "Big" C-West/East clans would fall apart..

No, definitly bad idea according to me.[/b]
    You don't really understand the ideal do you?

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

its a good idea i think, i dont know much about the other servers but pathos cz is very empty
    1 gg party vs 1 gg party werı borıng

btw draviste are u back ?

You don't really understand the ideal do you?[/b]
    I guess he does not.

How on earth would K2 merge C-West with Ares, don't be retarded.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast