Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cross bow/bow fireing speeds

This is a discussion on cross bow/bow fireing speeds within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well me and a friend went to inside arena and he stood in 1 spot and i stood in another ...
Page: 2

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Red face

well me and a friend went to inside arena and he stood in 1 spot and i stood in another we timed with a helenid and iron bow the speed of each, what we did is i fired 5 times with each bow and as soon as the first arrow hit him he started his stop watch we did this with each bow and we never moved are spots because the 5 arrows didnt kill him and he just potted up when i switced to the next bow so he was in the same spot each time

Time:
    helenid in 5 shoots took 6.7seconds
    iron bow in 5 shoots took 6.7 seconds

so im posting this so theres not any more speculation about which fires faster or slower they fire the excat same speed

no flames i searched to see if there was a topic similar to this but i didnt find nothin only ppl saying stuff without test/results[/b]
    this depends on how you tested...the reason people say a ib is faster is because it locks on a target faster....so if u was shooting multiple targets, such as skeliton champs in raon camp....you will notice that the heleand bow targets a monster.05 seconds slower then an ib...and can kill monsters faster..i also tested...when you have a heland bow...it turns around slower...then if u was to use an ib...you are right ,,,,about them shooting the same speed...but to target then shoot...then its slower...when you turn around it is .05 seconds slower...
    ';-]

alldamdayboy

this depends on how you tested...the reason people say a ib is faster is because it locks on a target faster....so if u was shooting multiple targets, such as skeliton champs in raon camp....you will notice that the heleand bow targets a monster.05 seconds slower then an ib...and can kill monsters faster..i also tested...when you have a heland bow...it turns around slower...then if u was to use an ib...you are right ,,,,about them shooting the same speed...but to target then shoot...then its slower...when you turn around it is .05 seconds slower...
    ';-][/b]
    lol.. no wonder i was feeling like something was missing from the equation

its not the time betwewen shots thats supposed to be the differnce between the 2 bows but the time from beginning the attack animation to the time the attack actaully starts

so yeh.. if u wanna test teh differnce need to start from non attack position

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Red face

lol.. no wonder i was feelong like something was missing from the equation

its not the time betwewen shots thats supposed to be the differnce between the 2 bows but the time from beginning the attack animation to the time the attack actaully starts

so yeh.. if u wanna test teh differnce need to start from non attack position[/b]
    yeah, i like to be specific ';-]

alldamdayboy

z3sz3sz3 on both bows (3=dark purser)

thats the way needs be tested.. or however as long as u are retarget every shot

i actually did a comparison similar to yours
    i fired 9,999 shots
    the crossbow took 13398.66 seconds
    and the normal bow took 13398.68 seconds

so now you know... if you want speed, choose iron bow
    if you want to shoot slow, choose crossbows

sirkill

i actually did a comparison similar to yours
    i fired 9,999 shots
    the crossbow took 13398.66 seconds
    and the normal bow took 13398.68 seconds

so now you know... if you want speed, choose iron bow
    if you want to shoot slow, choose crossbows[/b]
    u have it backwards u have the crossbow .02 seconds faster ^^

Sorry I didn't know I needed to qualify myself. I've posted archer info on all KO forums for the last 3 years and have played every bow in the game from IB+8, Exc IB 8, CB 8, EB 8, HB 8, +9 IB and +10 HXB.

Hence the conclusion of almost 4 years as an archer of:

All Bows are same speed.

Hope that helps the guy who wanted to know the answer to the question and the guy who flame/spammed me for being short and to the point (fuck nut),
    Here's a post showing archer dmg, any archer is welcome to post their dmg as DLW or 60+:

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=229022[/b]
    and i dont care how long youve played archer if u dont have actuall test/results then ur word means nothing and im not sure who your calling fuck nut but u need to grow up

lol.. no wonder i was feeling like something was missing from the equation

so yeh.. if u wanna test teh differnce need to start from non attack position[/b]
    and i did start from non attack positon, i zr then skilled him 5 times with each bow and that made no difference the time was as i posted 6.7 seconds

u have it backwards u have the crossbow .02 seconds faster ^^
    and i dont care how long youve played archer if u dont have actuall test/results then ur word means nothing and im not sure who your calling fuck nut but u need to grow up
    and i did start from non attack positon, i zr then skilled him 5 times with each bow and that made no difference the time was as i posted 6.7 seconds[/b]

You should care and it actually appears you do but about the wrong things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12