Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My attempt at reasoning

This is a discussion on My attempt at reasoning within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=167055 im not sure if it will last tried my best to make it a reasonable topic . incase it ...
Page: 1

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=167055

im not sure if it will last tried my best to make it a reasonable topic .

incase it doesn't it reads this

Before one of you trolls open this thread to simply close it and send it off to the dungeon in which all opinions are kept just read it I'm trying my best to follow your rules.

Forcing this new patch onto users with out a warning of no kind or even an explanation anywhere on the official website or forums is very unfortunate and clearly will affect the majority of players who have worked hard whether it be irl or ingame .

Now the reason for this topic is not to bash or discourage or to cause a negative environment it is to simply point out that though this new patch is a positive action and would be a great improvement to help in fair play , it clearly has been released in the wrong manner . Just take a few minutes to glance over this http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1007 jagex/runescape is a very known and well established mmorpg in which millions of players can be logged in at any time . They made a very controversial change to there game even tho the majority did not like it. However if you read how they released the change it gave players a chance to adjust and prepare which is what i feel is needed with your most recent patch .

Even tho the patch has already been implemented i feel it is important and necessary in order for growth to continue in knight online . Players/true owners must be allowed to make necessary changes in order to continue playing there hard earned accounts . If this patch is left how it is and the only chance charecter owners have to continue playing there accounts is to submit a cs ticket , I feel this will result in many players giving up and the end result will be one less player which will clearly add up when u consider the amount of players being affected . Not only will it result in a loss of players I feel these players will get there items onto an account in which they can login and will result in a huge increase of items being sold for usd which only results in an unstable ingame market and ofc players being scammed .

I know its long I know its an opinion but when i made post concerning exp quest being bugged , gender changes , and countless dupe methods the right people listened and action was taken .[/b]
    hilarious that they filter USD if i could edit my post i'd put AMERICAN DOLLARS lol

B1tesizeThriLL

i dont see why ppl even bother to send a msg to k2[/b]
    If NOTHING is done then we have a 0% chance of changing this. This atleast gives us some chance...

Banned

This topic is being replyed by linus.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...166994&st=0

This topic is being replyed by linus.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...166994&st=0[/b]
    im mostly concerned with there acts leading up to the patch main reason for my post is to show them an example of how it should've been handled with how jagex shaped there trading

i think the changes that runescape made to the game just to prevent babashoppers was WAYY over the edge

i think the changes that runescape made to the game just to prevent babashoppers was WAYY over the edge[/b]
    yes ofc but players were given a chance to deal with the changes made

the dollar amounts in runescape and ko are like comparing donald trump to donald duck rs>ko btw and its an example because in rs they've dealed with charecter sharing from the start and just didn't decide to fuck over an entire community that has been char sharing for ages

Banned

I like how on yatas topic.

Was 3-4 pages.

Now its back down to 1 page with only yatas 2 replys.

I LOVE OFFICAIL FORUM MODS LOL

tommyleonghk

omg... k2 is so fuked up and corrupted....

hope they fix this patch so i can sell and quit this fukin game...

/pissed at retarded k2

Linus answer:
    This thread has been cleaned up. Let's try again in a more civil manner, shall we?

1. I need everyone to stop assuming this patch has anything to do with sharers. It negatively impacts them--I get that--but that's only because we do not support sharing and thus, no decision we make takes sharing into account. If you are a sharer you are operating outside the supported boundaries and must realize that we committed to serving players that follow the TOS. We have not done anything to purposefully stop them, nor will we do anything to help them.

2. The way this patch works is being changed; instead of being the country that you registered from, it will be the country that you last logged in from.

What does this mean?

It means that if somehow your account gets hacked by a guy halfway around the planet from you, he can't log in. This is something players were complaining about and being affected by, and is something we are trying to fix.

It means that gold farmers are going to have a heck of a time reconciling their accounts and getting logged into the game, considering they all have to go through proxies, resulting in more free spawn points for legitimate players and hopefully more ability to kill things like werewolves, so more gems.

IF YOU ARE A K2 customer and you are being adversely affected by this--and you're not a sharer--ABSOLUTELY send a customer support ticket. I have had personal talks with them and made sure that they will take care of you guys.

Other assorted questions:

Gems: This isn't sorted out yet. I don't know how many more Tuesday maintenances will go by before this is changed, or if it is definitively changing at all. But as it is something that affects you guys, I have made it as part of my own crusade to get changed.

Speedhackers: There is a very comprehensive fix being created for this. I don't know when it's being rolled out, but I have seen it, and it is cool, and it's coming.[/b]

Hmmm uber rant, how long till im banned

Linus Warned on Today, 01:12 AM
    Added to warn level negative comments

lulz

Banned

Hmmm uber rant, how long till im banned

Linus Warned on Today, 01:12 AM
    Added to warn level negative comments

lulz[/b]
    you got me banned

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Jan 10 2011, 07:17 PM.

D much fun fest0

“must realize that we committed to serving players that follow the TOS” I’ve been known to like a joke or two but you are pushing the boundaries with that joke of a response. COMMITED TO SERVING players that follow the TOS, that’s utter bollocks. If you think automated responses counts as a committed service then you sir/madam are a moron! K2 installing liaisons that know jack shenanigans about the game and how its run, employing GM’s that do not spend hours upon hours on servers checking [3rd party tool] spots etc. (For your information I’ve been there and done that 2k+ 255 bans on the Ares server when i was in charge of that server). Frankly this game has turned into a joke, biggest mistake K2 made was firing Kenjuro when he was framed by the turk known as Blackwinds, even though evidence was produced to prove his innocence. All K2 thinks about is the capital it can gain from the game!!!! Customers pay to play effectively; you should be giving them adequately support and not out sourced “ME NO SPEAK ENGLISH copy and pasted replies” customer service reps.

I have no doubt this reply will be deleted and i will be warned/banned from here but I’ve been meaning to rant my frustrations out for a while now.

P.S i only wish i released the report to mmorpg.com a year or two back - Showing how bad a company k2 where![/b]

Robokill

I really do think this needs fixing, as I cannot log some of my acc's either.

Sorry to say though that I won't bother posting my support on the official forums - the admin abuse runs rampant there and it pisses me off that they let little kids be admins ( specifically jamesjack - die pls )

Ill reply when i wake up cant be bothered now

I personally feel that that would be admin abuse; this is a great topic and everything is laid out just fine, and nothing will get deleted as long as the tone is maintained throughout. The only way we can ever exchange ideas is if we're all speaking calmly and level-headed to each other.

That said, we are going to make some minor tweaks to how the patch works in order to make sure that nobody that shouldn't be affected by this patch is.[/b]
    well the official response is there on the website so no basically ppl who shared chars whoever logged on last before patch = new owner ...

Banned

well the official response is there on the website so no basically ppl who shared chars whoever logged on last before patch = new owner ...[/b]
    I disagree.

The guy logged off before restart. When restart came he logged. Now someone logged his account after he logged off.. He can't log.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast