Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

ctrl + minor

This is a discussion on ctrl + minor within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Foretold So wait, you're saying that if i programmed one of the keys on my keyboard to ...
Page: 12

Originally posted by Foretold
    So wait, you're saying that if i programmed one of the keys on my keyboard to be set as the number that i want it to be, make like F1 a shortcut to press 2 (my minor heal) 10-15 times, just by pressing once, is that legit? Wait... it's in the game, everybody can do it.. omg. h4x.

thats basically what CTR does, it's like a macro that doubles your clicking speed. So if you're gonna double it, why not make it go 10 times as fast.
    I mean comon, use your head.
    EXACTLY it is automation, similar to using a macro. There is no other bug like it, in this respect it is unique. It is not like comboing, it is like using a combo macro.

If K2 consider this to be ok then they are setting a precedent, that using hotkeys to simplify attacks is OK.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

So wait, you're saying that if i programmed one of the keys on my keyboard to be set as the number that i want it to be, make like F1 a shortcut to press 2 (my minor heal) 10-15 times, just by pressing once, is that legit? Wait... it's in the game, everybody can do it.. omg. h4x.

thats basically what CTR does, it's like a macro that doubles your clicking speed. So if you're gonna double it, why not make it go 10 times as fast.
    hackshield blocked macros like that hence its not allowed...ctrl still there :P

hackshield blocks nothing, i can use my logitech mouse drivers to configure a button to do exactly the same thing, a perfectly legitimate use of my computer and it would get past hackshield. I could configure my keyboard to do tons more things with a bit more work, and yes it would all be through official drivers.

Just because it is in the game, and hackshield doesnt stop it, doesnt make it less of a bug or less of a blight on class-balance.

Optic4l

as it says above LIKE A COMBO MACRO
    never does it say its a macro program says SIMILAR

i bolded the key words incase u cant read very well

necroboy your an idiot cause when im in pk i dont use mouse to heal considering i have both of my hands on the keyboard second of all sure you can say control minor is a bug but so is comboing its just accepted so end of story

Shylah

So true. :rollseyes:

IMO minor + ctrl is a bug, since ok, minor heal has no cooldown, but if they would have wanted to be like that, wouldn't they have set also some other skills also, not only minor heal? I see setting it on right click, ok, that was meant to be ingame...u can also set any other skill, even items or pots on right click, but u cannot set ctrl + right click to other skills...if was meant to be that way, then there wouldn't be any kind of cooldown for any skill ingame.

Let's get serious...K2 hasn't fixed yet, but doesn't mean is not a bug...their staff is pretty reduced atm, so they are working in some other issues that are more important.

BTW...if it's ingame u say it's legit? no way...if u can see, there are lots of bugs, not meant to be in there...K2 wanted those to be in there? no...are bugs in there? yes...just some programming errors and corrupted files, anything can cause a single element to be ingame without a single reason to be in there.

Banned

But this isnt from your mouse or computer, its from Knight Online Feature, not bug.

Wow, I cant even bother explaining it to you because your so conceded in saying its a BUG..

Anyways, good luck but Its not a MACRO, AUTOMATED my fucking ass. You hold down a button to do it, NOT AUTOAMTED.
    You want the control button to be removed, its not a bug, its just a BAD FEATURE, in your opinion.
    BUG, NO, Bad Feature, Possibly.

Shylah

Originally posted by SinFiery
    But this isnt from your mouse or computer, its from Knight Online Feature, not bug.

Wow, I cant even bother explaining it to you because your so conceded in saying its a BUG..

Anyways, good luck but Its not a MACRO, AUTOMATED my fucking ass. You hold down a button to do it, NOT AUTOAMTED. *
    You want the control button to be removed, its not a bug, its just a BAD FEATURE, in your opinion.
    BUG, NO, Bad Feature, Possibly.
    I still say it is a bug...but, c'mon!!! there are major bugs ingame and we got used to them...I got used to this one too, I don't use it, but I can recognice rogues which use it and those are main targets since they run out of mana pretty quick :P

I'll keep saying is a bug till K2 says something different...but it's in game, same as duping, hacking, glitching and we'll have to learn to live with it.

nfw

you know i had to go and test this i had 2 lvl 65 warrior hiting my noob lvl 61 sin spaming minor heal and poting and i got owned 2 sec flat i used this bug and thay couldnt do shit so its a bug if u use it you suck at game and a fat homo in life live with it
    your just as bad as any duper turk in ko

Optic4l

i like how you try to bold the features now go back and just read the bolded features. says MACRO and AUTOMATED and NOT AUTOMATED (make up ur mind) i agree and says its not a bug bad feature yes indeed

well to all skills control is used if right clicked it makes it 1 click on mouse to use so that statement is wrong control has an effect on anything u bind to the mouse

Shylah

Originally posted by NYchris
    well to all skills control is used if right clicked it makes it 1 click on mouse to use so that statement is wrong control has an effect on anything u bind to the mouse
    OK...I didn't know that. :P

Optic4l

but can you spam all the other skills?

the only spammable skill that i can think of is minor but control has an effect with the mouse with every skill in the game for example put hp pot one click on mouse is hp pot not 2. Put another spammable skill and im sure it will do the same its a feature that works with all.

Necroboy

Whether its a bug, a bannable offence or a intented feature is totally irrelevant. The community has spoken, and the conclusion is that people think it unbalances the game. Those that have respect for others will not use ctrl-minor heal. Any one who does use it will be looked down on and rediculed. Now comes the choice, do you want to be considered a good pker and have the respect of others, or be known as the one ctrl-minor healing noob who only goes after np? Sinfiery and nychris have made their choice.

There is a pvp etiquette in every single mmorpg I have played. Breaking it may not get you banned, but you lose respect from other pvpers. There are lots of examples in KO other than ctrl-minor heal. Rice cakes, 1920 pots, kill stealing, illusion in rogue 1v1s. In WoW, its using pots in 1v1s, killing lowbies, killing rep grinders etc. In UO it was using pots in 1v1s.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    03-01-2017, 06:48 AM
  2. Hits: 6
    03-01-2017, 05:46 AM