Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curious about how Kingofknight operate

This is a discussion on Curious about how Kingofknight operate within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Curious about how these sites such as Kingofknight / wowarmories operate... If anyone knows, please share....
Page: 1

Default Curious about how Kingofknight operate

Curious about how these sites such as Kingofknight / wowarmories operate...

If anyone knows, please share.

Banned

i heard that someone of the admin team from king of knight logs in every hour,
    runs through moradon, writes down every person he sees and then updates the website

Quote Originally Posted by W33dStyle View Post
    runs through moradon, writes down every person he sees and then updates the website
    /fail
    You should ask it at their forum or pm Cooltang here

then he pms everyone and asks about their lvl

he also turns in billions of chests and frags to find the % of item drops

yep thats how its done

Think it has something to do with the log inside the ko folder. They were given permission (i think from k2) to access these logs, then update them? I could be totally off though.

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

If I am correct, the admin has scripted a program that checks everything and then updates, you guys remember the hackers back in the days that could pm you with your hp / mp and items right?

Banned

All of you are totally off rofl.
    No commonsense on ko4life?
    Everyone here can see exactly the same things ingame kok shows on the website.
    The hp, the items, the symbol, the clan... I can see them, you can see them, all those infos are sent from the ko server to our client in data packages.
    For example: Player Asdf sits in moradon in chitin set +7 which is rebirthed, he has a perm S.
    Now kok displays exactly those infos, now you cant see the hp he has but the data is still send to your client, its just not displayed.
    This is exactly the reason kok cant show uniques, kok can see only the visual items such as armors and weapons.

About wowarmories, now i never played wow myself but from the looks at http://www.wowarmory.com/ its an official website, so ofcourse they get all infos straight from the database (most likely not straight cuz its to dangerous) but you got the point.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    if u were referring to mine or the guy i quoted then that was sarcasm

ur common sense fail a lot too?

Banned

Obviously i was refering to knox and blood_warrior as every other post in here was totally unneccesary, chill wtf.
    Dont be offended so fast.

Seaside? Senior Member Leo_BREMEN's Avatar

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

Obviously i was refering to knox and blood_warrior as every other post in here was totally unneccesary, chill wtf.
    Dont be offended so fast.
    Why do you think that my post was nonsense ?
    By the "admins" I wasnt talking about the KOL admins, but the admins / hosters of the KOK website.
    My post was just an earlier and simplified version of your post...

Banned

I did not say your post was nonsense?

Banned

i dont think they are able to get infos from db with permisson of k2 cuz i saw once tht Anthenrye said tht they have no conenctions with those guyz. Thts why they dont use kok proof to ban people anymore but it can lead an investigation

Everyone here can see exactly the same things ingame kok shows on the website.
    The hp, the items, the symbol, the clan... I can see them, you can see them, all those infos are sent from the ko server to our client in data packages.
    For example: Player Asdf sits in moradon in chitin set +7 which is rebirthed, he has a perm S.
    Now kok displays exactly those infos, now you cant see the hp he has but the data is still send to your client, its just not displayed.
    This is exactly the reason kok cant show uniques, kok can see only the visual items such as armors and weapons.

About wowarmories, now i never played wow myself but from the looks at The World of Warcraft Armory its an official website, so ofcourse they get all infos straight from the database (most likely not straight cuz its to dangerous) but you got the point.
    thank you, your explanation seem to fit the description KoK provided for us -

"Player information is scanned a few times a day. We don't have any access to K2 and the servers that a regular player doesn't have. The player info presented on this site is actually sent to every single player because the client needs to know them in order to display the players on screen. For more information, see Disclaimer."

Validating

he pmed me once and i lied about my nps - got to top 5 zuahahah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast