The Psychology of MMORPGs

This is a discussion on The Psychology of MMORPGs within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Pretty interesting and in-depth site looking at the psychology of MMORPG players. MMORPGs are addictive for many reasons. Virtual achievement, ...
Page: 1

Kleos

Pretty interesting and in-depth site looking at the psychology of MMORPG players. MMORPGs are addictive for many reasons. Virtual achievement, friendships, romance, noticeable improvement & rewards, relaxing, etc...just to name a few. Have a look at the site the next time K2 servers are down, or while you waiting for ressers :P

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/

Ensan

2 much 2 read xD

Started reading, there's some very interesting points there but it's simply too much to read in one time so I'll continue later. xD
    It's worth reading because you can place your own behaviour ingame/RL somewhere.

Pretty interesting and in-depth site looking at the psychology of MMORPG players. MMORPGs are addictive for many reasons. Virtual achievement, friendships, romance, noticeable improvement & rewards, relaxing, etc...just to name a few. Have a look at the site the next time K2 servers are down, or while you waiting for ressers :P

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/[/b]

good find

horemor

ım father shut down net cafe so lıttle bother no can play knıgt onnlife,

ım nopp

tl;dr

2 much 2 read xD[/b]
    +1

Banned

a lot to read. here we go ;d

freakyangel

maybe when im bored ^^

nathan16

to lazy to read

stormsworder

omg!!! GO real life

Ripper_of_romania

ım father shut down net cafe so lıttle bother no can play knıgt onnlife,

ım nopp[/b]
    lmfao

Impact

I am very bored xD, and i read most of that article.
    Sadly i will admit that most of those topics hit home in my times of playing Knight Online. Although i hate how my family gives me shit about how I play online games, I love them and will always remember them. I can&#39;t really relate to some of those topics like "finding an initmate relationship" because I can get a girl w/o a computer, and cyber sex is wierd xD. Although most of those topics i can relate to if I think about it. For instance, one topic was about finding friendship, although I will never meet these friends in real life, I played KO because it was fun at first, but I kept playing KO because of the friends I had made and played with for a couple years. Another topic they were talking about was people leaving the games for real life issues etc, some of the people were talking about how they misses certain people once they quit and the game just wasn&#39;t the same. I think that almost everyone can relate to that, whether it be a clan leader or friend. I look at Girakon and how electrik quit and fierce disbanded most of those players were sad when he left. <--- (my opinion of what i thought). It make me think if MMORPG&#39;s are good for a person and I think it can help develop a person just by playing an online game. You can learn certain things like loyalty from KO where you might not learn it from real life. For me i scammed people in my clan when i was 16 years old, I regret this now and am hated by most Edana players. Now I am turning 19 and i have learned that KO was fun for me because of those people i scammed, and once i had their items KO sucked for me. I learned loyalty all from a PC game. I know this sounds dumb, but please no flames, this is just my opinion.

chimera2888

2 much 2 read xD[/b]
    i think im speaking for all of us when i say +1