Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daily Dupe Wipes?

This is a discussion on Daily Dupe Wipes? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was thinking...it seems like at the moment, theres a dupe wipe, most dupes get deleted, all the legit players ...
Page: 1

JudgmentDay

Default Daily Dupe Wipes?

I was thinking...it seems like at the moment, theres a dupe wipe, most dupes get deleted, all the legit players get raped, and all the dupers don't even care. Because in a few days time they will have all there duped items back again, where as it takes legit players weeks/months to replace there deleted items, and then they lose it all again in the next wipe.

So...we all know K2 won't do anything right to help this game if it means they will lose money, but duping, this is the only thing they want to fix, but can't seem to keep up with the dupers, and can't find a way to stop it. My suggestion is daily dupe wipes. Yes, yes, yes, for the first 1-2weeks lots of legit people are gonna get absolutly fuxord, but just think, duping is pretty damn hard now (well if they bring save command back or fix server stability) and it probably takes about a day to dupe an item worth having. Dupers won't stay in this game if they lost everything they made before they got to sell/use the items.

Eventually, in my opinion, dupers would give up, servers would be dupe free, K2 would get more money from trina's, because people would be upgrading more because they wouldn't be scared of buying high lvl items. And alot of people would probably start buying prem/pus items, because the game would be worth buying for.

Red

And they lived happily ever after

there was a dupe wipe? does that mean i can buy things? i didnt lose anything ftw

at Daz: learn read, kthx

anyway, duping is easier than you think h43r:

Originally posted by KaZaM

anyway, duping is easier than you think *h43r:
    duper h43r: h43r:

nah <3

Originally posted by KaZaM

anyway, duping is easier than you think *h43r:
    That unfortunatelly true. I don't dare relloging or quitting game after trade/merchant. Twice i had to relog fast for boss or something and ended up rollbacking the item i just sold. Luckily it only happened with shitty items (FP+1 or something). Anyway if someone wants to dupe good item he just needs a friend/other pc and a little time...

priestish

I think if daily dupe wipes the in deep wipes every day, then there might be enough deterent to remove the dupers to try because they will lose everyday.

Cava

k2 = too lazy to do a daily dupe wipe. end of story.

dah

Could you really deal with KO being down for 1hour aday? i mean its kinda funny the only time it goes down is when i'm home which is around 12am K2 time.. It would just be fucking rediculous. Weekly or every 3 days or just find a way to stop duping all togethor would be good.

Not to mention every single time it goes down we have people making more and more posts bitching "Oh fuk K2 they are so gay why servers go down" When it is clearly stated on the website rofl.

SaltyTaco

Item ID filter on the item database ftw. Just need a program that searches all item ID's constantly in the database, the minute it finds 2 items with the same ID it should then delete both items.

If K2 did this they could bring back the save command and legit players wouldn't get screwed.

It will never ever happen though. The main reason it will never happen is because K2 makes a fortune every time a major dupe comes out. First you have all the people who buy pissloads of PuS items and sell them in moradon for 140m+. Secondly you have all the people who lose items after the wipe who also buy tons of scrolls to sell in moradon to get some items back.

If you think about it, I bet some of the big dupes that come out are created by k2 on purpose to make money.

Originally posted by SaltyTaco
    Item ID filter on the item database ftw. Just need a program that searches all item ID's constantly in the database, the minute it finds 2 items with the same ID it should then delete both items.
    That would take too much CPU usage

kirky

I rather a laggy server then dupes Lolz

I thinks the ID finder would be fucking great also take the whole /merchant out trading feature fuck the anvil make a PUS anvil and increase the percentage of success by 10% and just make all ur items

Originally posted by kirky
    I rather a laggy server then dupes Lolz
    No u dont.. -_- Even if they did that ppl would start complaining server lags!!!111 bla bla bla

And the whole dupe wipe process is big, which cant be done constantly

Daily dupe wipes wont help... cause dupers can still dupe between days and innocent legit ppl will still buy what they have duped...
    And then some1 will go and say "hmmm, how bout putting a dupewipe every 2 hrs?"...
    Scanning the whole DB cant b done.... takes alot of time to scan the whole db, increases access time for the users, and if u do find out 2 items with the same ID, well ull have to dc the guy just to delete the items.
    Also, there are some legit players who dont mean to dupe, but rollback alot of items. that wud fuk em as well....
    I belive that the easiest thing to do is just fix all the godam rollbacks.... it didnt use to be like this... and it makes dupes/legit item losses alot easier...

Bout dupers, K2 doesnt seem to take action against them as much as they shud... hell, they seem to be doing NOTHING bout the issue.
    if you think bout it, somehow k2 always creates someway for dupers to dupe easily...
    and everytime one is gone, a patch later another one comes out.
    plus... think bout all the times they banned macroers, cheaters, TOS abusers... when have they EVER took action against dupers? and im sure theres some way to find out bout dupers... it cant b that hard... some1 selling 12 glaves, and keeps merching more everytime 1 is gone.... well, that doesnt look good.

Now, think bout it... why wouldent K2 treat their customers like that? when their customers dont give a dam bout everytime K2 fuks em, why shud K2 give a dam?
    for instance, ppl here dont give a dam that they lose items to dupewipes... they either say "SHIT i lost my items" and start over, or they say "Shit lost my items,gonna quit", and the ppl on the side just say "Dam, thats fuked up... wont happen to me tho"... AND THEN THEY GO INTO KE AND BUY PuS ITEMS FOR 50 BUCKS!
    how bout instead of complaining and doin nothing, we do something bout it?
    think how k2 will feel, for instance, when they look at their next months revenue report and see that they got half the sales?
    what im saying here is we should organize a consumer boycott...
    no1 buys anything from k2 (prem/PuS items)...
    maybe thatll be their wake up call.

Sanchez

Default Re: Daily Dupe Wipes?

Originally posted by JudgmentDay
    I was thinking...it seems like at the moment, theres a dupe wipe, most dupes get deleted, all the legit players get raped, and all the dupers don't even care. *Because in a few days time they will have all there duped items back again, where as it takes legit players weeks/months to replace there deleted items, and then they lose it all again in the next wipe.

So...we all know K2 won't do anything right to help this game if it means they will lose money, but duping, this is the only thing they want to fix, but can't seem to keep up with the dupers, and can't find a way to stop it. *My suggestion is daily dupe wipes. *Yes, yes, yes, for the first 1-2weeks lots of legit people are gonna get absolutly fuxord, but just think, duping is pretty damn hard now (well if they bring save command back or fix server stability) and it probably takes about a day to dupe an item worth having. *Dupers won't stay in this game if they lost everything they made before they got to sell/use the items.

Eventually, in my opinion, dupers would give up, servers would be dupe free, K2 would get more money from trina's, because people would be upgrading more because they wouldn't be scared of buying high lvl items. *And alot of people would probably start buying prem/pus items, because the game would be worth buying for.

+1 totally agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast