Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Darkfall

This is a discussion on Darkfall within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the game looks awesome especially the pk...
Page: 12

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

the game looks awesome especially the pk

What's the pvp like? What do you have to do yourself that you don't do in wow / KO? Is it more like mount&blade / age of conan then with combo systems and attack directions etc? Might try this later on in the summer or something when it's not that bugged anymore... Sounds pretty good [/b]
    M&B ... at least fight is like 80% similar to that (melee + archery) and furthermore you got some magic, which is not discovered so far yet, it requires ALOT of time to get to best spells... (not like wow 7 days griding to 70 or what)

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

few questions

rating this game compared to ko. and i mean teh FUN SIDE OF KO (pvp and sometime bosshunting and wars)
    wat does it score from 1-100

i really dont have to exp?

can the USA people play it yet?

how is the pvp?

can u combo?

how is the clan system?

how are the mosnters?

how big is it?

is there merchant?

if all is good.

where do i sign h34r:

few questions

rating this game compared to ko. and i mean teh FUN SIDE OF KO (pvp and sometime bosshunting and wars)
    wat does it score from 1-100

ko: 25
    DF: 80
    No such thing as bosshunting tho.

i really dont have to exp?
    No, there's no levels but you do have to grind to get your weaponskills/magic/archery. You also need to farm for reagents(requirements for greater magic and better spells), resources if you want to craft and enchanters will also have to kill mobs and skin them for the enchantment materials.
    The first few days you will probably spend getting your weapon skills up. The cool thing about df is that a good player that's been playing for a week can, theoratically, take out an average gamer that's been playing for over a month.

can the USA people play it yet?
    Yes, anyone can play from anywhere, they plan on releasing an american server but no date is set yet, a lot of Americans don't want to start as they will be moving toe the american server anyhow. AV stated a long time ago that people from the current server would be able to xfer their char to the american server when it comes out, but I don't see that happening.

how is the pvp?
    The pvp is not phenomenal but it is really fun. You need to aim all your spells, bowshots and melee hits yourself, you don't select an enemy and click on a skill in ur skillbar but you actually need to face him and aim. You can also use the environment to sneak up on someone or use it as cover. Also, full loot makes the game a lot more exciting, I will probably never play an mmo without full loot anymore. I've gotten used to it.

can u combo?
    No, it doesn't work like that, it may sound a bit dull but with melee weapons you either swing horizontally or vertically, the strafing and the chaos all around you in a large battle makes up for it.

how is the clan system?
    What exactly do you mean?
    You have clan ranks: Supreme general, general, colonel, major, captain, lieutenant, sergeant, corporal, private and recruit. Each rank you gain will open up more options. Like recruits won't be able to see anything in the clan bank or look at the clan window. They only wear the tag but are unable to do anything clanrelated except using the clanchat.
    Captains and up can access the clanbank, lotsa clans consider people with cptn rank or higher officers. Majors can promote and demote up to captain etc etc..
    Clans can form an alliance and use the ally chat to talk to eachother. Alliances are needed to hold cities and sieges. There's a lot of benefits from beeing in an alliance. Large alliances will eventually lead to internal conflicts so it works fine.

how are the mosnters?
    Nothing special imo, mobs are bound to an area and usually spawn 4 a time, because they don't leave a certain area it's easy for anyone to bug them out, most mobs are easy to average but there's also some really hard mobs out there, there's red dragons that actually attack you from above which are impossible to kill, am yet to see a clan take it down, there's also named mobs which are like bosses, really hard as well. The AI is okay, something interesting I started noticing this past week is that they added monsters reacting to sounds. If they can't see or hear you they will not know you're there but if you like jump they will go check the spot where you jumped at.

how big is it?
    The world is pretty big, on foot it will take you hours to get from one side of the world to the other. Mounts make a big difference.

is there merchant?
    no, you want to sell something, you will have to travel to the buyer or the other way around.

if all is good.
    The game is not for everyone, some people love it, others hate it.

where do i sign
    https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/d...?pname=Homepage
    The shop isn't open much, make sure you keep checking the news posts here

Compared to when the game first came out, how stable is it now?

Server Issues, Game Bugs and Glitches, Buying an Account

FUCK YOU JONA COME BACK TO KO

Compared to when the game first came out, how stable is it now?

Server Issues, Game Bugs and Glitches, Buying an Account[/b]
    the first few days were pretty much horrible: lotsa lag, desync issues and the server beeing down most of the time. Luckily we don't see none of that anymore now.
    There's close to no server issues anymore, at peak times you might get some slight delay and when that happens they close the launcher so people can't get in until the delay is gone. This has happened twice as far as I know.
    A lot of bugs have been fixed but there's still some out there that need fixing, it's people exploiting mobspawns that are actually a problem, not the bugs. They just find a spot where they can attack the mobs from but the mobs are unable to hit them, almost every major guild abused in this case and I'm not gonna lie, we were one of them . I think there's close to no guilds out there that haven't yet, AV is gradually fixing the spawns tho so that's a good thing. Same for glitches, there's a few but they're getting fixed.
    Account availability is still limited, what's going on is the following; AV went nearly bankrupt, so they launched the game about a month too early so the first wave was still beta/stresstesting even tho we had to pay xD. As they made money they were able to increase the amount of clusters, stabilizing lag issues and opening up more spots for others to start, the first 2 weeks it was nearly impossible to get an account because tens of thousands of people were trying to buy one when the shop opened at the same time and it caused delay on the acc management page. This is also a thing of the past, you just need to keep an eye on the new section(link is in my previous post at the end) and be ready to validate. Normally, AV puts a message up about a day be4 the shop opens.

Edit: no fishy

Nah dont, just kidding, Crowded with more cheaters then ever before, not even funny tbh. Dunno why im even playing it. Guess
    im bored

hey Oblivion, what alliance / guild are you in?
    I'm in Death /Deceit Alliance in guild The Black Company, cya ingame maybe

Btw peeps, i really love the game, and i'm glad i left KO.

The only thing I don't think is good atm is the trade/merchant system.
    if you want to sell something you have to spam trade channel, and weapons ( i'm weaponsmith) are VERY hard to sell.
    Now they have lowered the durability on looted weapons, maybe i'll be able to sell /craft some more :P

at Metalkon: You'r still not in omg?

(servers down for patch, thats why i'm here :lol: )

Nah dont, just kidding, Crowded with more cheaters then ever before, not even funny tbh. Dunno why im even playing it. Guess
    im bored[/b]
    seriously, i havent seen any cheaters

I'm in Sovereignty right now but ever since our leader decided to go down to Cairn, it split our clan in half and things went downhill, I'm expecting to be c-less in a few days and I plan on staying it for a while.

and btw, fishy's talking about the new ko server lol

and btw, fishy's talking about the new ko server lol[/b]
    ah, lol, oeps :lol:

Best mmorpg I have ever played, they do alot of work to improve it every patch they make! Devs actually listen to players there.
    I had to quit because of my job. And I actually made some nice money for 2 months hard work.

I heard and read that the inc. expansion patch is gonna be as awesome as barney stinson is.

Is it true you can run across this map for hours and hours and hours before you reach the other side? If so, does this mean that there are areas of the map still unoccupied and open to settlement, at least for smaller guilds? Especially regarding the NA server? Also are there any extensive sections of the map nearly barren, that a new guild could just sort of those islands near the bottom left or right of the gamemap?

I know there are only a limited number of specifically placed large city spots, and that cities cannot be built just anywhere. But is it still possible to have a decent smaller guild in a more desolate location, in line with my questions above? I take it there are spawn points, and little town settlements possible all over the place?

Also how much faster is a mount then running on foot approx? 2x, 3x, 5x?

I really want to play this game, but I probably won't be able to for another month or 2 :/ Because I need to invest in a couple new compies, my currents are old as heck. Is it possible there will still be open spots to plop down on in the NA server you think? Or should I expect the map to be filled in, and to have to join an existing guild more then likely to have even a minor a spot of our own?

I'd love to just go into the middle of nowhere with a few rl friends, and slowly build a little clan where we can build ourselves up over time and aggravate the heck out of some distant clans with random raids xD on guilds who don't even have a clear idea where we came from, and maybe ally with one of two guilds that eventually build closer to us, with promise to support them in times of need, in exchange for leaving us in peace on our own territory. I have no idea if this is possible or not, but man if it is I'd be totally psyched. I'm not really one of those join up with an uber clans and overrun the game types.

Answers plx!!!

it took me 2 hours to run across 1 /8th of the map. but mortal online has 6 darkfall maps in it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast