Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Darkfall

This is a discussion on Darkfall within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; That's because it was only ment for betatesters, they were given a chance to preorder be4 anyone else but the ...
Page: 9

That's because it was only ment for betatesters, they were given a chance to preorder be4 anyone else but the link got leaked and flooded so they took it down.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

With each passing day, the more of a epic epic phail this game seems. Sry to say that.

With each passing day, the more of a epic epic phail this game seems. Sry to say that.[/b]
    It still looks good, just wait for the game to come out for all of the information to be out.

I heard that WoW was a piece of shit during beta.

Servers have been down for 2 days now, and the game got alot of lag atm.

I hope theres a try out for this game, cuz the first day is gonna be a mess for sure.

Any news guys? h34r:

Heya Blaster

Here's something to read ^^

Server is up and running(down atm tho, sync issues) and I'm enjoying it so far, I've been exploring and the world looks really nice.

I made an elf, was gonna maharim at first but like half the people went that and there's 6 races so.. yeah f that ^^
    elves have a higher DEX attribute than other races so they're good for dagger combat and bows(daggers blow tho, any kind of weapon with low range is hard to use, 2H weapons are much better and easier to use).
    Right now I'm using my sword most of the time, I've fired like 20 arrows total and I only use the self heal spell.
    There's a lot of magic school and SHITLOADS of spells.
    I like how you start with the rezz skill(I call it skill because you don't need a staff to use it) already available. No, I don't kill everyone that got downed on sight just for the loot, I tend to rezz people with a good alignment(outlaws and reds die on sight tho ) and most people are grateful for it, I tend to chat for a minute with them so they remember who you are. What you do for them, they might do for you later on.
    I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go mage or archer, probably archer because I've played archer in earlier mmorpgs and always enjoyed it. Melee is always a Must tho, no matter your class. I haven't used my bow much yet, arrows are hard to come by at the start and creating your own is costly, I will eventually tho!

The game feels like it's still in beta tho, lotsa floating rocks and I jumped off a cliff into water and drowned because i didn't float back up. (you float up when not moving) There's also some lag issues but nothing really bad and AV is doing a really bad job keeping players up2date. They took down the server twice without any notification, they add newsposts saying when the server will be back up and then postpone it for hours.

I've found a few hamlets and cities claimable by players and the cities are huge. I also ran into a dungeon(avoiding mobs and dodging attacks) and looted a chest that had a staff in it that tripled my healing spell(you cast a heal and it has triple effect so it's like you normally heal yourself like 5 hp, this staff made me heal 5HP 5HP 5HP. I died be4 getting safely outside tho, invis monster killed me . Rly sux that I lost it.

I've tried out crafting and the system works nicely, they should add better descriptions tho, when you cook food it only shows what it does in the recipe but not on the acual item created, Must be annoying when selling them. I've been focussing on getting my craft skills up most of the time because of the sync issues(invisible monsters). Right now I'm trying all kinds of crafts and later on I'll see what I want to keep.

So far I like the UI, you can drag all windows where you want and resize some of them.

I haven't really tried PVP yet, I've only killed people when they were rogue but didn't actually pk yet, while exploring I got close to the orc starting town but avoided it. Ganging doesn't work properly either unless the gang success is based on your gang skill, I'm not sure. I've only managed a few gangs because for some reason they don't get through all the time.
    People don't tend to gang you when you meet them unless there's a lot together or you're at the starter area.

Graphics are really nice, I'm playing at a pretty high setup even tho my pc is from early 2007 and I'm not experiencing any pclag, not even when there's a lot of players in 1 place, there's server side lag tho.

One thing I really hate tho is how people blatantly steal your loot, Imo loot should be lootable only by the player that killed the target or did the most damage the first 10 seconds or so and then become available for others, Oh well.. Guess I'm just slow.

Skill decaying. I'm not sure if this is implemented yet but if it was, it would be an awesome feature. I'll use gathering as an
    exemple:
    woodcutting is 20
    Fishing is 40
    Herb gathering is 60
    Mining 80

Let's say I ignore all of these and start focussing on um, skinning. I do this for hours and hours, ignoring all my other skills. Well, the less you use other skills and the higher those skills are, the faster they degrade. !! I don't know how fast they degrade, this is an exemple !!. The lower your skilllevel, the slower it degrades so after a day they might look like this:
    woodcutting is 19
    Fishing is 38
    Herb gathering is 56
    Mining 72

You can have several skills at a high level but gathering/crafting is slow and time consuming so it's probably wise not to focus on more than 2, maybe 3. Again I don't know this for sure. Ofc it doesn't matter if this isn't implemented.

The next days/weeks will still be buggy and annoying but I think the game will turn out to be awesome.

Wink

Thx for sharing Obli xD
    I hope the game won't fail like AoC..

Downloading the game atm at a slow download rate. sux

Good to see another belgian playing Darkfall :P
    I've downloaded the game already and am set to go :lol: but i wasn't able to get a pre-order yet so i'm waiting for them to open pre-orders again
    Hopefully today and not tomorrow, cause tomorrow it's carnaval in town

Good to see another belgian playing Darkfall :P
    I've downloaded the game already and am set to go :lol: but i wasn't able to get a pre-order yet so i'm waiting for them to open pre-orders again
    Hopefully today and not tomorrow, cause tomorrow it's carnaval in town [/b]
    Your gonna be my info bitch untill i'm ready to play. h34r:

if i ever get it... :lol:

when I get it... :lol:[/b]
    Yep!

I wanna play.
    I think I have to register a forum account first tho.
    But it keeps saying this bulletin message instead of registration page.

Thank you for sharing obli! I am not sure if I play the game, I saw many movies and other media stuff, I believe that the game system is looking cool, but I dont like the visual side of game. Moving looks terrible and the sounds are really bad.

Anyway if I decide to play the game, I will let you know.

Where do I go to download this?

Today our clan was in a huge battle with over 40 people, we entered the fight with a party of 9 and we've been raiding/farming all night together so we were packed and well equipped, there was no bank anywhere nearby so we had all our stuff of the entire night with us, the fight lasted over half an hour, very intense, in the end almost everyone was dead/running and the only survivors on the actual field of battle were a clannie and myself.
    We looted mounts(very rare right atm), rare weapons and armors, shitloads of resources and a lot of other stuff, on the way to a vault to store everything we got attacked by a clan and I died, clannie got away so it was still worth it.

We started farming for cityconstruction today(yes we have 1 and the city we have has room for a wonder, there's 9 cities total that can build that, a wonder gives extra global stats to all guildies), been raiding to make sure items are always available for clannies(clanbank is a shared vault, i put an item in it and a clannie can take it). Today was a very fun a good day.

The PK in this game beats KO's pvp anyday btw. You do everything yourself, it's very exhausting if you pvp for hours.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast