Darkfall or Aion? -- Or another?

This is a discussion on Darkfall or Aion? -- Or another? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Help me decide please, I'm interested in Darkfall and Aion, not sure about other games, if there are any coming ...
Page: 1

Ziellos

Default Darkfall or Aion? -- Or another?

Help me decide please, I'm interested in Darkfall and Aion, not sure about other games, if there are any coming out soon or are already out that are decent please give me a heads up.

I'm pretty much looking for a new game, I've played WoW, Warhammer, KO, RS, and many other F2PMMORPG's, among other games, however, I'm looking for a good pay2play game.. Or a game you have to purchase, no shitty free game, which most free mmorpg's are.

So, to go more in-depth, I'd like the games leveling to max proficiency to be perhaps less or equal to that of WoW, which is severaly lower than that of KO. That is, unless the game is actually fun to level in.. I'm tired of boring, bullshit games -- nothing full of hackers or requires $500 or over 3 years to become decent in either, like KO -- which is either pure luck or the above stated. Compared to WoW though, it simply requires a decent amount of time, hell, perhaps a month would do.

I just want a fun mmo, if you know a good fps/rts that's coming out soon, then let me know about that too, I've played CS, L4D, Halo, Dota (and the varients), COD, and many many things along those lines, so please don't list them. Now, as I previously said, I really just want some information from people that've played the game, or know about a good game. I want to know about the PvP, the PvE -- including leveling, time required, gear aspects, and the cheating/baba scence, I'd prefer it to be almost non-existent or that of comparison to WoW, unlike WoW though, I want good PVP!!! So that's why I'm asking about Darkfall and Aion, please, anyone whose played these games give me your opinions, along with the information I requested.

Mortal online its another sandbox game just like darkfall, I think Aion is just overrated

Ziellos

I knew about Mortal, but didn't look much into it. Is it strictly third-person view? It seems just like Oblivion. Oh, not to mention the fighting animation seems shitty, it's sorta' like oblivion in that aspect, but who knows.. It's still in Beta right?

yep still in beta, look into mount n blade then, its an awesome game, and its going to be multiplayer soon, hopefully.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

AoC, WAR and darkfall have all been total failures in last years. Mortal online will be the same.

Aion was chosen for game of the year in KR.

/thread

really magyk? i can say aion will be exactly the same and have the exact same amount of credibility as your comment. mortals beta has been running extremely smooth except for server stability. Mortal online is stricktly first person not 3rd. go check some videos of it on youtube and there won't be a doubt in your mind which game to play. all the fighting animations have been improved the videos im pretty sure the video you saw was before the community was invited to beta. it all depends on what you want to play if your into the anime asian stuff and you don't like the first person view then go with aion. if your into a more realistic and historical aspect for a game and liked obvilion then theres no question that Mortal is the game for you.

Ziellos

I love the idea of Mortal, however I hate first person views - would prefer the option to go third and I'm pretty sure Mortal has that, watched another vid and it showed it.

theres no 3rd person in mo lol if there is a video let me see it please cause shit i haven't figured it out in beta yet.

also remember that you have to have a decent computer to play MO you won't be able to play smoothly without haveing like 2 gigs of ram and atleast an 8800. im pretty sure aion requires alot less.

Pick Aion.