Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Database has been hacked again

This is a discussion on Database has been hacked again within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just logged in and all my money is gone. There is nothing on this machine but knight online, no private ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Database has been hacked again

Just logged in and all my money is gone. There is nothing on this machine but knight online, no private servers, all passwords, AND e-mails are seperate, no viruses, no malware on this machine. You see on officials of all the people who are missing items? The database has been hacked again. Please change your passwords.

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

can you change your passwords? i thought you couldn't atm cus of something with their CS.

Banned

Yes, password has already been changed. A database hack is the only explanation for mass account compromises. Just make sure you don't mention it on official forums if you are trying to get your stuff back because they will promptly delete all mention of database hacks and swiftly ban you. This happened last time K2's database was hacked as well. Several hundred accounts were logged and stripped. i went to officials to warn the players, and got myself IP banned. Shortly after, guess what was on the official announcement board? "Change your passwords, our shitty developers got our database hacked. We do not perform item restorations. Happy hunting!"

Was your stuff sealed?

Banned

No, and oddly enough, none of it was taken. The only thing of "real value" was a raptor +1 reverse anyway. This topic isn't about me though, I just want to try to spread the word again to make sure everyone changes their password. Because if this turns out to be a database hack, the hacker already has everyone's info, it's just a matter of time before he gets to your account. Better safe than sorry, especially with the amount of money floating around on the chars of the users of this forum

man dont post bulshit unless u got proove..
    u scare the shit out of the ppls here by saying someone hass al info

i know last weeks alot of ppls have been hacked but thats not because database had been hacked..

Banned

And how do you suppose anyone can get this "proof" you are seeking? It's simple to protect your ass in situations like this: change your password. Why would you try to convince others NOT to do something this simple to avoid losing everything they have worked for? Despite what you think and what others may swear by, I work pretty hard at helping others. This is just another one of those cases. If you don't' act like an asshat and don't post stupid shit, I'm here to lend a helping hand.

And again I have to say................................... READ THE ORIGINAL POST!!!

There are reasons I've posted this. I have 3 different antiviruses, haven't shared my account info with anyone since 2008, just finished scanning all 400,000 some odd files on my comp with all three antiviruses I have, and they all turned up nothing. If there is nothing on my machine, noone knows my password, I have several antiviruses that show nothing, and there is a LARGE list of players that have been hacked, what would this suggest to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaan View Post
    man dont post bulshit unless u got proove..
    u scare the shit out of the ppls here by saying someone hass al info

i know last weeks alot of ppls have been hacked but thats not because database had been hacked..
    First of all dont be an idiot^ hes only trying to help
    And like he said Better safe than sorry So change ur password or not is all up 2 u

My password changed 2 be safe and Thanks.

Btw on side note. If is hard to change ur password then u must be 1 of those guys that use same password for everything+ why would he give u proof for ur own security? Seriosly man

Edit:
    This could proof that the database was trully ha.cked
    http://twitter.com/knightonline ( Revised restoration packages for compromised accounts will be released next week. More information coming in a few days! )

For some reason they bring that up all of the sudden, so it could be possible that they know ever1's getting their items stolen + alot of people getting fck up already.

thx for letting every1 know and yeah its not a biggy even if it wasnt true lol.. its just changing ur password (which is protecting ur account even tho it wasnt true)

Banned

Spread the word as quick as you can to your clannies and friends. I am spending the rest of the money left on my account teleporting between moradon, cz, luferson, and folk letting people know they should change their passwords. Don't let these scumbags get your items you've worked hard for.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

If DB had been hacked K2 would for sure request everyone to change their password. It would be simply stupid for them not to do so coz sooner or later everyone would be hacked and they would have to deal with so many compromised accounts.

Just a question here...... If u were to change ur password, whoever it is hacked the database, wouldnt that mean he could see ur password change? That would only make sense

Banned

This is true, and most likely if it DID happen, they will tell you to change your password, but for those of us who have been playing long enough to know what happened last time the database was hacked, K2 denied all claims for a VERY long time and continued putting their customers at risk while denying it until they made an official announcement. I don't plan on standing idley by and watching people have this happen to them again. if you don't believe me, fine, change your password simply because it's the smart thing to do to keep your account secure. if you do believe me... change your password so you don't get your items stolen by a database hacker. it is very simple to do and won't take you but 2 minutes to do.

A database hack isn't like a keylogger, they cannot see you typing in info as you do it. If this indeed happened, they have the info already, and if you change it now, they will be unable to access your account when they come to it. And with k2 now on the lookout and investigating this issue as stated on the official forums, it will be very unlikely they can get away with it a second time.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    This is true, and most likely if it DID happen, they will tell you to change your password, but for those of us who have been playing long enough to know what happened last time the database was hacked, K2 denied all claims for a VERY long time and continued putting their customers at risk while denying it until they made an official announcement. I don't plan on standing idley by and watching people have this happen to them again. if you don't believe me, fine, change your password simply because it's the smart thing to do to keep your account secure. if you do believe me... change your password so you don't get your items stolen by a database hacker. it is very simple to do and won't take you but 2 minutes to do.

A database hack isn't like a keylogger, they cannot see you typing in info as you do it. If this indeed happened, they have the info already, and if you change it now, they will be unable to access your account when they come to it. And with k2 now on the lookout and investigating this issue as stated on the official forums, it will be very unlikely they can get away with it a second time.
    o.O. So Db did get hacked once and K2 admitted to it?

Banned

Yes. blah blah had to put more here so I could make a reply, 10 char limit ftl.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast