Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Database has been hacked again

This is a discussion on Database has been hacked again within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Did they replace items for people who got hacked coz of DB? Sry if I ask too many questions. Just ...
Page: 2

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Did they replace items for people who got hacked coz of DB? Sry if I ask too many questions. Just curious. And when did this happen last?

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Wow, you need to put the peace pipe down, your paranoia is showing.

Banned

I am sorry if I feel the need to protect this games users from a potentially devastating issue. How are you going to feel after that post if this turns out to be true? This happened a few years back, I want to say 2007 or 2008? Not sure what happened to those who got ripped off back then, I was IP banned on officials before I could see if they had any kind of resolution.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Lets think about it from the DB hackers point of view. Ok, you just hack the database for usko which is known for making money by selling ingame items. Are you going to sit there and log into an account with the best item being a raptor +7? Or are you going to insert items, sell them under the table, and not let people know your there?

If he's smart enough to hack into the database, he's not dumb enough to take such little amounts off random characters. I think your accusations are just completely off base.

Banned

From the post on officials, this is a gold farmer that is going through as fast as he can and taking nothing but gold and fast-selling items like gems/chests to sell on his website.

Banned

For a reference, here are 2 of the topics that are explaining what is happening: Merchant hack? - GamersFirst Forums

why there is an increase amount of players they have lost items and money?, help pl. - GamersFirst Forums

As you can see, there are quite a few accounts that this has happened to. G1 is not elaborating on HOW this person got access to these ID's and passwords.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Ok, I can confirm, some shit is going on. I was hacked at Tuesday night right before usual maintenance. First time after 6 years in KO.Only One my account Has been accessed. I changed pws of everything meanwhile and suggest everyone on doing so too.

I couldnt understand how was that possibly when I keep my PC uber safe, to my best knowledge, and never had any bigger problems with any viruses spyware or nothing. This topic explains what most likely happened.

Also I know of other guy being hacked at same date / time as me.

Btw: Gotta love sarcasms of people from ko4life ^^
    Change your passwords, our shitty developers got our database hacked. We do not perform item restorations. Happy hunting!"
    I hope they do Damn restore everyone compromised! Otherwise FuK you k2 and your fuking security.
    Last edited by Darken; 04-02-2011 at 05:17 PM.

sry to tell u guys but Painful_Truth is right maybe not about db hack but there is smthg going on cause many many players lost their gbs in weird ways, I lost like 20gbs 2 months ago no1 exept me and my brother knew the pass and about why its weird I had tons of high value items all were still there non was taken. I checked official forum and there were several people in same situation. I asked Allenia and she told me when they did rollback some gbs gone missing but thats bullshit nothing else^^

P.S. : After players gbs started to disappear gb prices went up, what about that ? xD
    Last edited by hoDoo; 04-02-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo14k View Post

Edit:
    This could proof that the database was trully ha.cked
    KnightOnline (KnightOnline) on Twitter ( Revised restoration packages for compromised accounts will be released next week. More information coming in a few days! )

For some reason they bring that up all of the sudden, so it could be possible that they know ever1's getting their items stolen + alot of people getting fck up already.
    Or k2 is stripping some items from people and hope some fools will buy these packages when they release... K2 is always looking to make some money :d

I also believe that something strange is going on. Lots of people now missing items and hacked just in the last week. Also, those 2 strange merchants that were selling items for 10 gbs each. They are showing up about every night and merchanting items for 10 gbs or less that are well over that price.. the other night they had RE+2's, EP+1's, Raptor+8's, etc. for 10 gbs and other items for really cheap too.

Read this guys, another reason why u need to change ur pass
    Merchant hack? - GamersFirst Forums

Well there is enough reason to simply change your PW, lots of people have been losing items and coins. Regardless if you have a concrete reason why, it is just good policy to change your PW regularly for security purposes. It's one thing if you had no warning and you get hit, but if you have warning but refuse to change your pw, and get hit, then you are going to feel like crap.

Validating

There sure is something weird going on, one of my clannies also got stripped recently

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hoDoo View Post
    Read this guys, another reason why u need to change ur pass
    Merchant hack? - GamersFirst Forums
    Thats the first link in my last post

The king. Senior Member

this game sucks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast