Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Database has been hacked again

This is a discussion on Database has been hacked again within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The passwords are protected by MD5 encryption, but can be searched for in a MD5 database. It's more likely the ...
Page: 4

The passwords are protected by MD5 encryption, but can be searched for in a MD5 database. It's more likely the GoldSeller has the ability to log in to any character he wants to passing the password verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    The passwords are protected by MD5 encryption, but can be searched for in a MD5 database. It's more likely the GoldSeller has the ability to log in to any character he wants to passing the password verification.
    As long as the password is common such as a dictionary word or if people type their passwords on the md5 hash sites that store their hashes, then your exactly right, they can gain access or brute force to find the hash.

But don't forget, there's technically two levels of "security." One being the password and the other is the username. As far as I know, nobody can see what someone's username is unless it's the same as their character name, they have access to the database, or a cheat program can somehow extract it from game.

For the hell of it, I change my password, but I noticed all the accounts tied to my gamersfirst account now utilize that one password that I just changed. When did they make this change? Now they are forcing us to use the same password for all accounts? lol

If they hacked the Database Id think they would rather inject items then Steal them off peoples accounts.

In every game when you connect with a person your information also connects say as a trade
    ive known people in many games thats coded programs like this so whynot ko?

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    For the hell of it, I change my password, but I noticed all the accounts tied to my gamersfirst account now utilize that one password that I just changed. When did they make this change? Now they are forcing us to use the same password for all accounts? lol

Seriously lol. When did they make this idiotic change? I noticed this too after being hacked, and trying to change all my pws... I think I'm going to phone them up and say few nice words to them :W

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    MD5 is not an encryption, it's an hash

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkleet00 View Post
    MD5 is not an encryption, it's an hash
    WHAT?! So that makes sense... K2 is getting high off their security encryption!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    WHAT?! So that makes sense... K2 is getting high off their security encryption!
    ROFL, that made my morning <3

kethix

Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    Just logged in and all my money is gone. There is nothing on this machine but knight online, no private servers, all passwords, AND e-mails are seperate, no viruses, no malware on this machine. You see on officials of all the people who are missing items? The database has been hacked again. Please change your passwords.
    hey man thanks for the heads up

Greetings 3ffusi0on,

Thank you for contacting the Knight Online Customer Support Team! We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

In accordance with our terms of service we currently do not perform any item restorations / rollbacks, which includes game currency and experience loss. We understand that loss can be frustrating and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Should you require any further assistance then please feel free to submit another support ticket and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in Knight Online!

Regards,
    Anwser from customers support...

Banned

I got the same response. Keep watching your ticket, Athenrye just posted on official forums that he has allt he reference numbers written down and will be re-opening and investigating the tickets one by one.

Don't waste your time with CS/GMs/Community liasons... they are all idiots who can't keep their story straight. They act like they are helpful, but doesn't act on it.

Call their fraud department if you have premium. That will get their attention. They don't do item restoration, but they are issuing an account restoration package...that's them acknowledging their "database was hacked" or whatever happen to you guys was their fault.

If you're smart and good with word games, I'm sure you can get something out of them.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

if ur country has a g1 office u can file a complaint with local consumer protection body.

icextreme

all time hack 1 ac for program / page false .... etc

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

OK so I just read Athenrye's thread on his hacked accounts and it seems certain that the database has been hacked. He has himself mentioned that the hacker seems to be using some script to login and siphon off the gold. Just to make a fool of himself then he mentions that the hacker seems to be sitting on the login information of some users for months and then stealing stuff...lolz.
    Now when do you use a script? When you have tons of data to process.
    And where do you get that data? Db ofcourse.

Why he stealing gold only? My interpretation:
    - Easier to resell
    - May be he jumped the gun and his script not yet refined enough to identify/unlock expensive items and steal them as well. Next round of stealing may include that.

I suggest everyone to change passwords. Down with K2 liars. And thx to the original poster of this thread.

Banned

This reminds of that turkish hacker a year or two ago.
    That k2 wrote a public letter to him telling that 'he is nothing' and 'the ares server is next to my feet', that was hilarious

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast