Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DDOS

This is a discussion on DDOS within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; can someone explain this whole DDOS thing for people who know less about computers (im talkin abut myself) what is ...
Page: 1

POLISH PLAYBOY Senior Member BabaHypno's Avatar

Default DDOS

can someone explain this whole DDOS thing for people who know less about computers (im talkin abut myself) what is it doing and will it ever stop? does it mean that I wont be able to log in ko anymore?

What is distributed denial-of-service attack? - Definition from Whatis.com - see also: DDoS, DDoS attack, distributed DoS attack

no it cant be fixed, people will always be able to ddos, but it could be less severe, and yes u will be able to log again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BabaHypno View Post
    can someone explain this whole DDOS thing for people who know less about computers (im talkin abut myself) what is it doing and will it ever stop? does it mean that I wont be able to log in ko anymore?
    Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all you need is here

K2 should have every prevention, they have the money for it. They just need some firewalls (they cost about 200k$) ...

Validating

basically its overloading loginserver by sending huge amount of packages

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth View Post
    basically its overloading loginserver by sending huge amount of packages
    I'll simplify what Helseth means by this

A DDOS attack in it's simplistic form, is when an attacker runs a program or command that basically asks the computer "are you there".... so to speak

What usually happens in a DDOS attack is the attack repeatedly floods the computer with questions, which in turn uses up all the processing power of the computer (because it's constantly replying "yes i am")

This is classed as Denial of Service, because the computer is unable to do anything, as it has to commit all of it's resources into answering the bombardment of "are you there?" questions in the millionsth.

Hope that helps a bit better

Banned

BadAss

Cant they see from which IP the ddos is coming from - and then simply ban it?
    i remember ko4life getting ddosed from turks hence the turkish ip ban..
    Would be fun to see k2 banning turk ips temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by BadAss View Post
    You would be happy to see every server with less than 100 users logged in? LOL.

And they can't see where attacks coming from, because attackers using proxies. They are not stupid bro, they are using their mind

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadAss View Post
    There are a couple of different forms of DDOS.

Some forms are not as simple as just blocking 1 IP address. You infect other peoples computers and gain control of their computer. When you infect lets say for example 1,000 people (that's a pretty high zombie count) you can control all of those computers to attack a single victim. That would mean they need to ban all 1,000 IPs. It would be hard to distinguish a regular user from a zomboe and it would be wrong to ban a zombie, they are unwillingly attacking. Your computer could be infected and you might be IP banned tomorrow, I am sure you wouldn't like that.

Even if those DDos:sers are using proxies and hunreds of different pc's they can always be tracked. Atm there is no way that you could hide without leaving traces of IP flying around. No matter how good hacker you are they can always trace you.

Quote Originally Posted by suikkeli View Post
    Even if those DDos:sers are using proxies and hunreds of different pc's they can always be tracked. Atm there is no way that you could hide without leaving traces of IP flying around. No matter how good hacker you are they can always trace you.
    if they got botnet with few of thoused zombies, tracing it 1 by 1 still take ALOT of time...

Quote Originally Posted by KeLKuN View Post
    You would be happy to see every server with less than 100 users logged in? LOL.

And they can't see where attacks coming from, because attackers using proxies. They are not stupid bro, they are using their mind
    Wouldnt affect cwest ;D

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    Wouldnt affect cwest ;D
    Oh yeah I forgot that

DeHealer

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    Wouldnt affect cwest ;D
    DDOS is being done on the log in server, if u cant get past through it, u cant log any server.
    And DDOS can be lessened with special traffic control software, but ofc this costs quite some money, remember last time there were being DDOS's they hired an external company to control traffic into their log in server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast