Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

DDoS

This is a discussion on DDoS within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Nobody, I'm the nicest guy on the planet . I don't even post much here, so it's something else. Either ...
Page: 3

Nobody, I'm the nicest guy on the planet . I don't even post much here, so it's something else. Either some idiot that got pissed off cause someone trolled him, a KO Server that got their post locked/deleted/banned or just a competitor site that wants to be the only KO site out there. I'm pretty sure is the same retard for the past 6 months. Some script kiddie looking around for new ways to DDoS us. This has been going non stop for the past months. I was able to mitigate the attacks so at least we didnt go down for long but this last attack was good enough to knock us out of the Internet.

Not much I can do. I will enable donations soon. If enough people help, I can hire DDoS protection and forget about this moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Nobody, I'm the nicest guy on the planet . I don't even post much here, so it's something else. Either some idiot that got pissed off cause someone trolled him, a KO Server that got their post locked/deleted/banned or just a competitor site that wants to be the only KO site out there. I'm pretty sure is the same retard for the past 6 months. Some script kiddie looking around for new ways to DDoS us. This has been going non stop for the past months. I was able to mitigate the attacks so at least we didnt go down for long but this last attack was good enough to knock us out of the Internet.

Not much I can do. I will enable donations soon. If enough people help, I can hire DDoS protection and forget about this moron.
    Considered throwing CloudFlare in front of it? They do an excellent job at dealing with attacks much larger than I can imagine this is.
    You'd obviously have to have the server's IP changed first though, and perhaps do something about the e-mail server disclosing where the forums are, but it should be much less effort (not to mention money!) than trying to deal with it yourself.

It's an amplification attack, which is not huge, but big enough to saturate our pipe and disconnect us. CloudFlare will definitely solve the problem, but that costs and this site is being maintained basically by me alone. Consealing the server info, email, etc. is no big deal. Once again if ppl wanna donate, that would help me get CloudFlare and forget about this DDoS bullshit.

It's an amplification attack, which is not huge, but big enough to saturate our pipe and disconnect us. CloudFlare will definitely solve the problem, but that costs and this site is being maintained basically by me alone. Consealing the server info, email, etc. is no big deal. Once again if ppl wanna donate, that would help me get CloudFlare and forget about this DDoS bullshit.
    You actually don't need to pay to use CloudFlare; it's free to use.
    I mean, you can support them when you can, but you aren't required to do so.

Edit: Ah, I see. They explicitly require a business account now for mitigating that type of attack. Ugh.

how much it actualy cost?

$200 a month.

Banned Senior Member

lol im sure if you made a donator group like snoxd did maybe some ppl wud donate or some may even do it out of good will.

well spending like 20 bucks from time to time is not a problem for me, but there must be more ppl willing to do that.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Fucking americans.

It's only racist against non-american countries right?

Nah but really, that donator group might not be a bad idea.

How much is current hosting?

Little archer Senior Member

how bored must that phaggot be to ddos a semi-dead forum lol
    ReesesPieces likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    how bored must that phaggot be to ddos a semi-dead forum lol
    Said the most active poster.

Make a donation group as mentioned.

I'm all for donating & for whatever reason, people get all giddy when they have a separate group name / color.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    people get all giddy when they have a separate group name / color.
    Chad you shouldn't set people up for racist jokes.. It's too tempting.

As far as I know, the old KO4Life had a VIP group which cost like 5$. What happened to that? I mean I guess it did die out eventually but, just saying, we had a donor group.

What you guys could do is make a sell system for pinned topic.
    I am sure like 2-3 servers would buy it on the monthly base and the whole month would cost like 50$ ?
    Just a suggestion but if you'd be making a donator group or simple a donation system i am sure i could help out a bit.

Well it's not really the same since spamming topics is not allowed here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast