Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

DDoS attacks and Turkey IP Ban

This is a discussion on DDoS attacks and Turkey IP Ban within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; good move....
Page: 7

wraith86

good move.

Kailean

Default Re: DDoS attacks and Turkey IP Ban

Originally posted by Devile
    As u all noticed, yesterday ko4life was offline almost all day. This was caused by a DDoS attack which knocked us out of the internet but also crashed the web service on our hosting. Since they didn't notice this and Tez wasn't arround to call them, the site was offline for several more hours.

We have reached to a point were I had to take a drastic decision about this. This is not the first time a player from Turkey decides to DDoS ko4life. Turkey members in this forum represent arround 10% of the users now, yet they cause most of the troubles and specially responsable for these type of attacks that not only damage ko4life but our hosting too.

Since IP Banning single IPs doesnt work with these guys, I took the hard decision of IP banning whole Turkey. This is a final decision and I wont unban them. It's sad we came up to this, but we won't tolerate more of this childish behavior from ppl who can't live among the rest of the world. I don't expect everyone here to agree with me, but I believe this is for the best. 10% of members is NOT WORTH all this trouble.

I apologize to the nice/legit Turks that play KO and contribute in ko4life, but a lot of your countrymen have serious issues that we can't tolerate here. Hope everyone here understand why this measure was taken. I do understand IP banning won't stop DDoS attacks, but atleast keeps annoying users out. We will keep a close eye on proxy servers and ban users that use them to bypass this IP Ban.
    well. i think they cant blame any1 but themselfs. too bad some were really nice and "normal", but most were... ehm.. you know who.

Assaf001

I know some good turks, anyway what its DDoS? o.O

wraith86

id like to share this with you guys.

UgUrKa_TuRKa :
    ''Madem Turksun Goster ki urksun '' Laugh I liked that.N we dont need to speak fuckin english at ko. U have to find out Turkish.So u can swear at all Turks .That changes nothin. We r still %90 of game n soon we gon be %90 of ko4life.Maybe then morons fuck their mouths up.

guess he was wrong?

In computer security, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Typically the targets are high-profile web servers, the attack aiming to cause the hosted web pages to be unavailable on the Internet. It is a computer crime that violates the Internet proper use policy as indicated by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).

DoS attacks have two general forms:

* Force the victim computer(s) to reset or consume its resources such that it can no longer provide its intended service.
    * Obstruct the communication media between the intended users and the victim in such that they can no longer communicate adequately.

Originally posted by tolgahan
    I'm gonna fell into love with this beautiful smile.. :wub:

Default Re: DDoS attacks and Turkey IP Ban

Originally posted by Devile
    As u all noticed, yesterday ko4life was offline almost all day. This was caused by a DDoS attack which knocked us out of the internet but also crashed the web service on our hosting. Since they didn't notice this and Tez wasn't arround to call them, the site was offline for several more hours.

We have reached to a point were I had to take a drastic decision about this. This is not the first time a player from Turkey decides to DDoS ko4life. Turkey members in this forum represent arround 10% of the users now, yet they cause most of the troubles and specially responsable for these type of attacks that not only damage ko4life but our hosting too.

Since IP Banning single IPs doesnt work with these guys, I took the hard decision of IP banning whole Turkey. This is a final decision and I wont unban them. It's sad we came up to this, but we won't tolerate more of this childish behavior from ppl who can't live among the rest of the world. I don't expect everyone here to agree with me, but I believe this is for the best. 10% of members is NOT WORTH all this trouble.

I apologize to the nice/legit Turks that play KO and contribute in ko4life, but a lot of your countrymen have serious issues that we can't tolerate here. Hope everyone here understand why this measure was taken. I do understand IP banning won't stop DDoS attacks, but atleast keeps annoying users out. We will keep a close eye on proxy servers and ban users that use them to bypass this IP Ban.
    kinda stupid decision,proll u got more enemys now,and if some 1 need me,pm me on ranking or ingame xD

Originally posted by FrEaK+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrEaK)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-neofatih
    ip banning for ko4life?

they gotta ban the ip of whole turkey for ko
    +1, about time devile lol[/b]
    lol i totally agree im tired of pms.... slm... HÝ.. CLAN PLÝSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS the only turk i acctually thought was cool played under the name of polifonik_osuruk or near his retirement of his char polithe1st ^^ gunna miss him but anyway im sick of the others lol ko needs to ban all turkey

Originally posted by KaZaM
    In computer security, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Typically the targets are high-profile web servers, the attack aiming to cause the hosted web pages to be unavailable on the Internet. It is a computer crime that violates the Internet proper use policy as indicated by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).

DoS attacks have two general forms:

* ** Force the victim computer(s) to reset or consume its resources such that it can no longer provide its intended service.
    * ** Obstruct the communication media between the intended users and the victim in such that they can no longer communicate adequately.
    kazam !

piggsy? the real? the only?

Necroboy

GUYS. TURKEY HAS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Originally posted by tolgahan
    so devile shouldnt i be here?
    to be honest you're a welcome member of the community, pass on the information on how to use a proxy to Husy the turk too

aryan

good work keep it up

Devile im a turkish player also.Ban for turkish ips is not right but if its needed there is nothing more can do.that %10 Legal/Nice turkish players still can login through proxy so it doesnt matter for me unless if u re going to ban all the proxy

wraith86

Originally posted by bankstah
    Devile im a turkish player also.Ban for turkish ips is not right but if its needed there is nothing more can do.that %10 Legal/Nice turkish players still can login through proxy so it doesnt matter for me unless if u re going to ban all the proxy
    hes a turk. CODE RED PEOPLE! SHOOT HIM DEAD!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast