Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Define "Spamming"

This is a discussion on Define "Spamming" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by MHTV I'm with this guy! ^ Originally Posted by MHTV i really want 50 posts Originally Posted ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by MHTV View Post
    I'm with this guy! ^
    i really want 50 posts
    The forum is pretty dad, only the marketplace is alive so that's kinda hard xD
    this is spamming.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    this is spamming.
    This is. Spamming.

Seems like we are all setting an example of spamming? :P

You guys are still responding? I stopped posting after seeing the 3 month wait. I'll just get someone random to sell my stuff. GG eat that you stupid rules. Vouchers should get the rule taken away and this forum might see some more action rather than ppl spamming a spam topic lololololooLKJAOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by SNAIEK View Post
    You guys are still responding? I stopped posting after seeing the 3 month wait. I'll just get someone random to sell my stuff. GG eat that you stupid rules. Vouchers should get the rule taken away and this forum might see some more action rather than ppl spamming a spam topic lololololooLKJAOLOL TROLOLOLOLOL
    I suppose go ahead if you're incapable of making 50 constructive posts. If this "random" gets caught for selling other people's items, they will most likely be banned for bypassing the rules, but oh well. I don't really care about the market section that much. It's always been the most useless section on KO4Life for me.

Validating

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    this is spamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    This is. Spamming.
    Am I the only one??

THIS IS SPA(..MMING)!

Little archer Senior Member

Sounds like a mature and trustable trader.
    snipes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I suppose go ahead if you're incapable of making 50 constructive posts. If this "random" gets caught for selling other people's items, they will most likely be banned for bypassing the rules, but oh well. I don't really care about the market section that much. It's always been the most useless section on KO4Life for me.
    Also the most abused section for scamming on ko4life, which 90% of these ppl complaining don't get. The 50 posts / 3 months requirement DID cut down scamming a lot.

So, since scamming is an issue that will never go away, and the rule in place works, how about alternative suggestions (other than the vouch thing, nice idea but way too unrefined to work) to marketplace accessibility?

I suggest a system on ko4life similar to bynogame ALONG with the regular marketplace. The initial marketplace is open to anyone, it's safe and secure, always done via trusted trade mod and secure money transfer method. But you will be paying fees to use it until xxx-(insert ideas here) is met, then you can freely use the ko4life market. Or you can choose to continue to use ko4life middleman service for a small fee for safe, guaranteed trading.

I know there are enough gg traders around to open a trusted trader panel for the forum. I would also say only Devile himself could choose these trade-mods as they would represent his site.

What you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Also the most abused section for scamming on ko4life, which 90% of these ppl complaining don't get. The 50 posts / 3 months requirement DID cut down scamming a lot.

So, since scamming is an issue that will never go away, and the rule in place works, how about alternative suggestions (other than the vouch thing, nice idea but way too unrefined to work) to marketplace accessibility?

I suggest a system on ko4life similar to bynogame ALONG with the regular marketplace. The initial marketplace is open to anyone, it's safe and secure, always done via trusted trade mod and secure money transfer method. But you will be paying fees to use it until xxx-(insert ideas here) is met, then you can freely use the ko4life market. Or you can choose to continue to use ko4life middleman service for a small fee for safe, guaranteed trading.

I know there are enough gg traders around to open a trusted trader panel for the forum. I would also say only Devile himself could choose these trade-mods as they would represent his site.

What you guys think?
    I was thinking of making a bynogame like website/webapp for KO but I'm too busy with my semester to commit to such a project.

nub
    Banned

I was thinking of making a bynogame like website/webapp for KO but I'm too busy with my semester to commit to such a project.
    Let me know if ya need a designer

Banned Senior Member

Its any site like bynogame that use english lenguage and payment is in $ not tl?? :S

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalOne View Post
    Its any site like bynogame that use english lenguage and payment is in $ not tl?? :S
    There isn't any, that's why I can def see the demand for this..

you will spend more time playing ko than you commit to, 100%. So lets commit to this project?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Sounds like a mature and trustable trader.
    Vouchers should carry the most weight, not post limit and 3 month wait. Anyone can wait 3 months and make 50 posts, that doesn't automatically make someone trustworthy. Even if someone could post there I'd still want to see vouchers for them. Idk though maybe I'm just an immature non-trustworthy person for not supporting this incentive.

Little archer Senior Member

Vouchers should carry the most weight, not post limit and 3 month wait. Anyone can wait 3 months and make 50 posts, that doesn't automatically make someone trustworthy. Even if someone could post there I'd still want to see vouchers for them. Idk though maybe I'm just an immature non-trustworthy person for not supporting this incentive.
    People with plenty of vouchers have scammed in the past. It's true that a new guy with vouchers will be more prone to be trusted than a complete random speaking broken english, but the point I'm trying to make is that vouchers are not the be-all end-all when it comes to certifying someone's trust.

I do believe that a massive revamp would not be a bad idea. Unfortunately it would require a very extensive effort to build a proper interface for trades, and even that would not warrant the person with the most trades under his belt from suddenly cutting all binds with this community and running away with a huge sum of cash. It's just how it is, these trades are unofficial in more ways than one, and you are partially responsible for who you choose to trade with.

The 50 post / 3 month rule's purpose is so users have a way to gain some insight on someone by checking their forum posts before a trade. There are several dead giveaways when it comes to recognizing a potential scammer just by checking the way they write and elaborate posts, it's up to the users to employ these preventive measures to their advantage though.

The 3 month part IMO perhaps could be lowered. As far as I know, it only exists so that people don't spam excessively.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast